Final 4: Trimble vs. Cuyahoga Heights

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Final 4: Trimble vs. Cuyahoga Heights

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Trimble! Just go play your game. You've had people doubting you all year.

Scout25
Waterboy

Post by Scout25 »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 pm I just think calpreps and maxpreps would have a huge spread if they have all that.i mean if they have these players like he said then they must be awful week in all other areas to have that close of spread
I 100% agree, but for some reason, that school never gets any publicity. There are too many big schools around them. Kirtland, Mentor, St. Eds, St. Ignatius, Glennville, Avon, Avon Lake... The Division VII school gets very little notoriety unless they make it into the State Championship. They are not even covering them locally. 3rd year in a row. The only reason they got Pub last week was that the Browns had a bye. Max Preps knows nothing about that school. I have looked everywhere for more stats and they don't have half the games update. They don't even have their current roster, they have a mix of 2 years ago and this year. I am just saying... The little screen passes will be huge if your corners press and stop them behind the line of scrimmage. That is why Wickliffe lost to them, they thought the corners could play relaxed 8 to 10 yards off the line and the guys were able to make quick shifty cuts and they were gone for 10 to 15 yards a pop.

RaiderCat
Waterboy

Post by RaiderCat »

All this chatter about how great CH is, then explain too me why Trimble is ranked higher then them in every catagory, Nationally and in Ohio, Also all this chatter about how fast they are is a bunch of Crap, yes they might have one or two players that can run, but there not even close too a 4.4- 4.5 40, All this Chatter about how great they are, They don't have the same Team they had the past few yrs, Yes they are where they are for a reason, But their not as good as what these Guys are talking, GO CATS

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Scout25 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:49 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:17 pm I was wrong abut Trimble last week and hope I am again.
I think CH wins big this week.
14-21 points.
Both teams are very good. I believe whoever wins this game wins the Title.
Best of luck to both!
I have seem McComb and I think they are going to win it all.
They were my 2nd pick.
I do hope Trimble wins it.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

well licking county just settled the arguement neither wins lol

The Big Chief
Waterboy

Post by The Big Chief »

Scout25 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 pm
Superman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 pm
Scout25 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Kid? Excuse me... That is a personal shot! Go crawl back into the hole you call a home in the woods. Do they have running water yet in Trimble or do have to poop at the outhouse. I am done communicating with you. I was giving you fair advice and you go there? Best of luck, for that I hope Heights destroys your boys. You are blocked!
Thanks for showing your true colors. Take your lies and get off our board.
LIES! Are you kidding me? What if they got a walk-on or a partial scholarship? That does not show up on top 60 recruited players smart guy!
Ever hear of a kid getting a chance because of his speed to prove himself? If they can't they will lose their scholarship and come home a play at some D2 school. Your audacity in nauseating! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLLEGE ATHLETICS and HOW IT WORKS? Some boys do not have the grades to get into a school... At the D1 level, they take amazing gambles on kids that have elite speed giving them partial and or walk on scholarships. If they prove they can handle the classwork and play with the big boys they give them another partial or walk on scholarship... As I said, enjoy the game, but your attitude sickens me.

Watch out for those WRs. Trimble will have their hands full and if your skinny QB has to throw the ball... I hope you don't blame the loss on him. He is not a QB, he is a RB playing QB.

Good bye now!
There is no such thing as a walk on scholarship. Walkons play for free. You are making us look bad with your ignorance. Please go back to study hall and get out your English book. Leave the game analysis to the real coaches and fans.

SCALP 'EM REDSKINS!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck Trimble Cats> We can do this. two more games.

Scout25
Waterboy

Post by Scout25 »

The Big Chief wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 am
Superman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:17 pm
Thanks for showing your true colors. Take your lies and get off our board.
LIES! Are you kidding me? What if they got a walk-on or a partial scholarship? That does not show up on top 60 recruited players smart guy!
Ever hear of a kid getting a chance because of his speed to prove himself? If they can't they will lose their scholarship and come home a play at some D2 school. Your audacity in nauseating! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLLEGE ATHLETICS and HOW IT WORKS? Some boys do not have the grades to get into a school... At the D1 level, they take amazing gambles on kids that have elite speed giving them partial and or walk on scholarships. If they prove they can handle the classwork and play with the big boys they give them another partial or walk on scholarship... As I said, enjoy the game, but your attitude sickens me.

Watch out for those WRs. Trimble will have their hands full and if your skinny QB has to throw the ball... I hope you don't blame the loss on him. He is not a QB, he is a RB playing QB.

Good bye now!
There is no such thing as a walkon scholarship. Walkons play for free. You are making us look bad with your ignorance. Please go back to study hall and get out your English book. Leave the game analysis to the real coaches and fans.
Sir, First of all... I never said that LSU or UoF was offering money to them to get an education and play football. I said they have committed as a walk-on athlete and I really meant preferred Walk-on. Didn't know if they even knew what that was, so I just left it as a walk-on. In technical terms, it is still considered a scholarship because they are guaranteed a roster spot at least for the 1st year. I am a Student/College Advisor for a Nationally known Scouting Service since 2000. I think I know a little bit how it works. Why should I give them 100% of the facts? It is fun to see them go and do research when they won't find anything on Walk-On athletes. Btw, those two Boys passed up Full rides to Dayton and the other had offers to Toledo and Kent. They both obviously wanted to roll the dice or just get out of the weather in NE Ohio. As for Partial Scholarships, those are offered too, but only in D1 baseball and D2 everything. Again, why give any of this information away if I don't have too. You asked, so I am just responding to your post directly. No need to get personal about English either, walk-on is spelled with a hyphen.

That was fun.... Happy Thanksgiving!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck to the Trimble Tomcats!

Scout25
Waterboy

Post by Scout25 »

RaiderCat wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 pm All this chatter about how great CH is, then explain too me why Trimble is ranked higher then them in every catagory, Nationally and in Ohio, Also all this chatter about how fast they are is a bunch of Crap, yes they might have one or two players that can run, but there not even close too a 4.4- 4.5 40, All this Chatter about how great they are, They don't have the same Team they had the past few yrs, Yes they are where they are for a reason, But their not as good as what these Guys are talking, GO CATS
Raider,

I will try to explain how ratings are created on this BullCrap System that they use for High School Sports. They take the points for and points against. Then they use last years points for and points against, followed by common opponents. If everyone in SE in Ohio is scoring 45-60 points against each other and 1 to 3 teams are not giving up that many points. Well obviously, their rating is going to go up very fast. Coaches and local news coverage also feed these ratings. If you live in a small town you get more notoriety that feeds into these ratings. In all seriousness, it is a Joke! No one comes out and watches these teams, they just throw numbers at a team and live with it. Trimble supposedly is rated so much higher than Cuyahoga Heights, but CalPrep only has Trimble winning by 1 point? My thoughts exactly, these individuals that give these ratings by crunching numbers to come up with a specific number have no idea what either team is capable of.

Bottom line, If Trimble can run the ball on Cuyahoga Heights and score 30 points, they will win. But they need at least 30 because Cuyahoga Heights can put up points throwing the ball. Week 1 and 3 they ran the ball and still put up 35, In Week 2, they threw the ball and put up another 4TD game. So it will come down to which defense can stop the other team, throw the ratings out because they are as good as the trash you just burnt in the fire last night.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to both teams.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Preferred walk on is a recruited athlete, usually waiting for the first schollie open, which normally happens at end of first semester. That happens when a school runs out of schollies but wants a player and have reached the 85 limit. There are partial FB schollies, normally D-II which are usually half and most FCS D-I schools offer some as they are limited by the NCAA to 63 schollies spread over their 90 man squad. Had both sons and grandson recruited as well as a former coach, so familiar with the recruiting process and schollies.

I think Heights will win and it may well be a defensive struggle. Rankings will have nothing to do with the game. Talent will.

Have gun, will travel
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Ohh hey look. Paladin picking against the SEO team, I'm shocked.

Between you and that lying kid that was on here last night, I'm cracking up.

Trimble will keep being doubted and they'll keep rolling on. Go cats.

100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

Let all the haters hate. You can all take your beliefs and shove them up ur a$$e$. There will be a group of young men heading to Sparta, Ohio who could care less about your predictions. They have plans of physically imposing their will on CH. Regardless of the outcome, they will always remember the night they played “The Mohawk Mafia”. These kids have earned respect after the fact all year long, they will do the same Saturday night. See you all in Canton!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

this is sparta

RaiderCat
Waterboy

Post by RaiderCat »

Trimble will come into this game fired up, They've been doubted all year by just about every team they've played, And going Undefeated and pitching 9 Shut outs on the yr was their answer too the nay Sayers and Criticks, CH might have a little more size over the Cats, But the Cats are quick off the ball and has disrupted many backfields and QB's, Lucas Came into the game pitching 4 Shut outs on the yr and the Cats Shuttem down, When Trimble gets the Run game Established and if CH D# can't stop Trimble Ground n Pound Attack, it gonna be along night for CH

The Big Chief
Waterboy

Post by The Big Chief »

Scout25 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Good bye now!
There is no such thing as a walkon scholarship. Walkons play for free. You are making us look bad with your ignorance. Please go back to study hall and get out your English book. Leave the game analysis to the real coaches and fans.
Sir, First of all... I never said that LSU or UoF was offering money to them to get an education and play football. I said they have committed as a walk-on athlete and I really meant preferred Walk-on. Didn't know if they even knew what that was, so I just left it as a walk-on. In technical terms, it is still considered a scholarship because they are guaranteed a roster spot at least for the 1st year. I am a Student/College Advisor for a Nationally known Scouting Service since 2000. I think I know a little bit how it works. Why should I give them 100% of the facts? It is fun to see them go and do research when they won't find anything on Walk-On athletes. Btw, those two Boys passed up Full rides to Dayton and the other had offers to Toledo and Kent. They both obviously wanted to roll the dice or just get out of the weather in NE Ohio. As for Partial Scholarships, those are offered too, but only in D1 baseball and D2 everything. Again, why give any of this information away if I don't have too. You asked, so I am just responding to your post directly. No need to get personal about English either, walk-on is spelled with a hyphen.

Reread your post. You mentioned “walk-on scholarship”. I didn’t make that up genius. In addition, Dayton is a member of a conference that does not give football scholarships. This means if they were getting a full ride it ain’t on the merit of their athletic prowess. You seem to get really bent out of shape when someone points out the facts. Toughen up buttercup. I hoe for your clients sake you get better informed.

SCALP 'EM REDSKINS!
The Big Chief
Waterboy

Post by The Big Chief »

Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:39 pm Preferred walk on is a recruited athlete, usually waiting for the first schollie open, which normally happens at end of first semester. That happens when a school runs out of schollies but wants a player and have reached the 85 limit. There are partial FB schollies, normally D-II which are usually half and most FCS D-I schools offer some as they are limited by the NCAA to 63 schollies spread over their 90 man squad. Had both sons and grandson recruited as well as a former coach, so familiar with the recruiting process and schollies.

I think Heights will win and it may well be a defensive struggle. Rankings will have nothing to do with the game. Talent will.
And it’s nice to see you can read Wikipedia.

SCALP 'EM REDSKINS!
Scout25
Waterboy

Post by Scout25 »

The Big Chief wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:16 pm
Scout25 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Reread your post. You mentioned “walk-on scholarship”. I didn’t make that up genius. In addition, Dayton is a member of a conference that does not give football scholarships. This means if they were getting a full ride it ain’t on the merit of their athletic prowess. You seem to get really bent out of shape when someone points out the facts. Toughen up buttercup. I hoe for your clients sake you get better informed.
Sir, I stand corrected. Your are correct as the PCL does not offer Athletic Scholarships for footaball. However, you can take this for what it is worth. The scholarship he was presented with was to run track, but also play football. Colleges like Dayton find ways to make the numbers work.

Scout25
Waterboy

Post by Scout25 »

Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:39 pm Preferred walk on is a recruited athlete, usually waiting for the first schollie open, which normally happens at end of first semester. That happens when a school runs out of schollies but wants a player and have reached the 85 limit. There are partial FB schollies, normally D-II which are usually half and most FCS D-I schools offer some as they are limited by the NCAA to 63 schollies spread over their 90 man squad. Had both sons and grandson recruited as well as a former coach, so familiar with the recruiting process and schollies.

Thank you! Well said.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Sure glade tomorrow is game day,because the few on here think their football gods sick in tired of hearing about all the D1 recruits ,how fast they are its getting old.Look for the wright train coming in town because its time to get it on with some smack mouth football.

:roll: cats :roll:

Return to “Football”