Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

85yards
Riding the Bench

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by 85yards »

:lol:
Last edited by 85yards on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

85yards wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm
TCat wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Madison was a better team than Johnstown. Football is about matchups, so Johnstown with their speed may have been more equipped to stop Wheelersburg's spread, but Madison wasn't slow. But Madison would've run right at Johnstown which is what you need to do. Madisons run defense is tough so they would slow Johnstown down. Size of Madison would wear on Johnstown. IMO good game, but Madison would've won by a couple touchdowns.
Plus we will never know what happened between those 2 games and how much of a fair shot Madison got against Wheelersburg

STOP WITH THE CRAP!!! Madison had there fair shot! There was NO cheating or Burg would not have been playing this week!!

UNBELIEVABLE that it is still being talked about.
And........ there were no burg assistant coaches disguised as "Media Members," on the opposing team's sideline at this game either. With 4:00 left in the game Johnstown had a chance to put a running clock on the Pirates but instead felt sorry and kicked a FG.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Fact of matter...Madison is a 2 hit wonder that came up short and couldn’t handle defeat! Fact of the matter...Johnstown was better prepared for burg(that’s life sometimes) and beat them handily! Burg can handle it! Fact of the matter...burg lost and the haters will gloat but, burg will go on being burg and they will continue to succeed at football and all sports (girls and boys) PLUS, they prepare their students for the future academically! Burg is a special place with great coaches, great teachers, administrators and community! Win or lose, the beat continues...GO BURG!!!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I will say one thing about the Wheelersburg fans rolling out of Alumni Stadium at the end of the 3rd...

We were sitting on the home side with a nice view of the exit as everyone was leaving. I looked down and seen almost everyone leaving. As I thought about who was leaving I noticed a lot of "transplants" hitting the road early. I think Burg is being hit with a lot of "bandwagoners" right now and a lot of them post on here. I think a lot of the "true" Wheelersburg people stayed and supported their kids. But this is something that comes up when you have a lot of people from out of Porter township as "fans". Just my two cents.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 am I will say one thing about the Wheelersburg fans rolling out of Alumni Stadium at the end of the 3rd...

We were sitting on the home side with a nice view of the exit as everyone was leaving. I looked down and seen almost everyone leaving. As I thought about who was leaving I noticed a lot of "transplants" hitting the road early. I think Burg is being hit with a lot of "bandwagoners" right now and a lot of them post on here. I think a lot of the "true" Wheelersburg people stayed and supported their kids. But this is something that comes up when you have a lot of people from out of Porter township as "fans". Just my two cents.
100% accurate.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

I’m a transplant and I stayed the entire game with my family til the end! My children have been treated great here!

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 am I will say one thing about the Wheelersburg fans rolling out of Alumni Stadium at the end of the 3rd...

Also saw players on the field not handling adversity very well. Winning cures alot, but especially if they move up a division the winning is gonna be much much harder

I think this is gonna be a big problem for Wheelersburg soon. Several of their better players who are gonna start seeing time in the next year or two are transplants. They are there to get attention. There's only one football.
When the guys aren't "the man", how they gonna handle that? How are "true" Wheelersburg people gonna handle it in football and basketball when their kids don't play? They can say all they want about Wheelersburg is different, sing fight songs, shake their jugs, but in the end their just like everybody else

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What makes Burg go is the competition. I welcome anyone to the burg that wants to compete. Some can’t handle it and they bolt. They feel like it should just be given to them. You will find in most of those situations that the parents call the shots. They have this notion that their kid is going to play at OHio State.

If you’re a competitor, you will stay at burg, if not it’s probably not a place you will want to come and play sports at, and academics.

Those who aren’t competitors, are complainers. Envious of those who have success. They will talk about cheating, recruiting, etc. This gives them an excuse to why they don’t wi something they yearn for, yet not willing to compete for.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Whether is was the matchups or just an off night from my Pirates, Johnstown played an incredibly clean and efficient game in all phases. I'll be honest, I did not see this being the case after watching JM on film. Congratulations to their kids and their community, and good luck in Canton. I'll be pulling for you guyus.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

With all the shortcoming of the Wheelersburg Pirates now being highlighted I dont expect them to win a game next year . Sarcasm meter should be reading 100 % at this moment. These haters are beyond weak , but hey , they been saving it for a looooooooooooooooong time

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:38 pm What makes Burg go is the competition. I welcome anyone to the burg that wants to compete. Some can’t handle it and they bolt. They feel like it should just be given to them. You will find in most of those situations that the parents call the shots. They have this notion that their kid is going to play at OHio State.

If you’re a competitor, you will stay at burg, if not it’s probably not a place you will want to come and play sports at, and academics.

Those who aren’t competitors, are complainers. Envious of those who have success. They will talk about cheating, recruiting, etc. This gives them an excuse to why they don’t wi something they yearn for, yet not willing to compete for.
If you're a competitor, you will stay at wherever you live and figure out ways to win and be successful. Not just go to Burg or stay at Burg. If you aren't a competitor and not good enough to beat Burg, you join Wheelersburg. What you don't get is these "complainers" are enrolling at Wheelersburg. Are they solid athletes, yes. But still complainers or else they wouldn't leave where they are from. (Using your logic)

"I welcome anyone to the burg that want's to compete" Burg people even treating Burg like a prep school/college.

Well, if the move to D4 is coming, Burg can't be that desirable to move to. Great school. Great community. Respect the true Burg supporters but it's not as appealing. So football is more likely out than not. D3 basketball..forget about state titles. Not happening. Baseball is the only maybe. And this being on the boys side. Girls side will have an unreal amount of success in softball in the future.

Making offers you can't refuse
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Vito Corleone wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:38 pm What makes Burg go is the competition. I welcome anyone to the burg that wants to compete. Some can’t handle it and they bolt. They feel like it should just be given to them. You will find in most of those situations that the parents call the shots. They have this notion that their kid is going to play at OHio State.

If you're a competitor, you will stay at wherever you live and figure out ways to win and be successful. Not just go to Burg or stay at Burg. If you aren't a competitor and not good enough to beat Burg, you join Wheelersburg. What you don't get is these "complainers" are enrolling at Wheelersburg. Are they solid athletes, yes. But still complainers or else they wouldn't leave where they are from. (Using your logic)

"I welcome anyone to the burg that want's to compete" Burg people even treating Burg like a prep school/college.

Well, if the move to D4 is coming, Burg can't be that desirable to move to. Great school. Great community. Respect the true Burg supporters but it's not as appealing. So football is more likely out than not. D3 basketball..forget about state titles. Not happening. Baseball is the only maybe. And this being on the boys side. Girls side will have an unreal amount of success in softball in the future.
I was responding to TCat. You prove the point. Outsiders think of burg as some sort of prep school and don’t give any credit to the hard work they put in. Who cares if they go to D4? They will compete. Complainers don’t come to burg. They run from the district.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Burg isn't the only school in the area to have competitors. Just so you know, I've seen quite a few complainers jump ship and head to the Burg. Run from the District? LOL it's a great school and a great place to get an education. I don't think they are running from the District

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Vito Corleone wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:42 pm Burg isn't the only school in the area to have competitors. Just so you know, I've seen quite a few complainers jump ship and head to the Burg. Run from the District? LOL it's a great school and a great place to get an education. I don't think they are running from the District
You don’t know much about it then. Because several have left.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Like who?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Guys,
To not eat the “Rat Poison”. Lol!!!

The Wheelersburg faithful will continue to believe what they want to regardless of what you say.

Saturday’s upset proves that Wheelersburg is no different than any other school. Their kids put on their pants the same way as any other kids. They make great plays and then make bad plays just like any other team’s players. Their coaches call great games but also make mistakes. Their fans are not any different than any other school’s fans. If you read the entire topic you will see that their fans are not any classier or more supportive than any other school’s fans. My advice ..... enjoy your kids, school’s and communities and Wheelersburg will enjoy their kids the same way.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

85yards wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 pm
85yards wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:05 pm

STOP WITH THE CRAP!!! Madison had there fair shot! There was NO cheating or Burg would not have been playing this week!!

UNBELIEVABLE that it is still being talked about.
And........ there were no burg assistant coaches disguised as "Media Members," on the opposing team's sideline at this game either. With 4:00 left in the game Johnstown had a chance to put a running clock on the Pirates but instead felt sorry and kicked a FG.

Just shows how clueless you are. It wasn’t a Burg assistant coach on there sideline, it was the Burg’s videographer and to put a running clock on Burg they would have had to score a TD and two point conversion as it was 29-7 when the kicked the FG to make it 32-14.

Come on man!! At least get your facts straight if you are going to talk crap!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Most of the Burg fans on here talking crap are more than likely not true fans. You won’t hear true fans boasting Burg is going to win by 30 and put a running clock on a team, especially in the playoffs.

Now do Burg coaches and players think they are going to win every game? Sure they do. In every sport played at the Burg. It’s not being cocky or arrogant it’s being confident. I bet they thought when they walked onto the field against Hartley that they were going to win and even though they did put some points on the board, they had a running clock put on them for only the second time since the new rule went into effect. The other being Coldwater. The confidence starts at the pee wee level when the little Pirates start learning a watered down version of the Burg’s offense and they continue to carry that confidence all the way up to varsity. Even down 32-7 Saturday night they still tried to score and did to make it 32-14 with I think around 4 minutes to go. Fans might have left early but Burg players didnt quit.

I’ve been a Burg fan for 40 years and will be till the day I die.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Can you listen to the burg fanradio broadcast of the game now or is it live only? Oh wait I found it thanks

Return to “Football”