Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by rxburgfan »

Good run but Burg had no answers for Johnies.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Johnstown on the very impressive win. Burg had no answer for that running game, which according to the radio had 358 yards on the ground.

Good luck next week. Hope you guys win the title.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 pm 5 days after the scandle and Wheelersburg plays their worst defensive game in several years giving up almost 400 yards of offense to the same team they totally shutdown last year. Things that make you go Hmmm
JUST STFU!! They were a better team.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Agree with all! Burg was outcoached big time and outplayed big time tonight. Not sure what game burg coaches were watching. They are usually good. Go and have fun Johnstown

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

How many Senior starters does Johnstown have on each side of the ball?

Good luck, bring a State Championship to Region 19 (the weakest in D5 according to some :) )

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to burg on a great run and season. I went into this game not knowing much about the Johnnies and when you watch pregame seen a focused. However the eye test was solely in favor of burg as the Johnnies are just small across the board. They just got after it though, probably broke the huddle and snapped the ball quicker than any team I've seen, I clocked 5-7 seconds from the time they just broke the huddle to snap. RBS ran extremely hard pressed the line and were always falling forward. They were getting out of huddle so fast and snapping burg made no adjustments. QB for JM probably one if the quicker players burg has played he made a cut and was at full speed in 1 step. Johnnies defense was extremely fast and ran to the ball all night really couldn't figure out why burg wanted to throw sideline to sideline all night. Think they're going to look back at that game and wonder why they didn't run a big package offensively. One of the few games I've seen of burg where I walked away saying they were simply out coached and out played tonight. Good luck to the Johnnies next week and for the burg seniors congrats on a great career

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations to Johnstown Monroe on your victory tonight! You have a fine team and band! Congratulations to the Pirates on another excellent season!

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:37 pm
Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 pm 5 days after the scandle and Wheelersburg plays their worst defensive game in several years giving up almost 400 yards of offense to the same team they totally shutdown last year. Things that make you go Hmmm
JUST STFU!! They were a better team.
You're not supposed to say that. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. It's also 100% fact and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that opinion

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Amen to that! Guess Burg couldn’t get one of their assistant coaches a “Media member,” pass this week. The question was asked to a Johnstown fan of “What makes (them) think they’re 30-points better than they were last year?” The answer to that is, Burg can’t get a media pass for one of their coaches on the opposing teams sideline.

What a bunch of out-and-out cheaters!
Last edited by 85yards on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Urban: it’s 5 days later and you still can’t spell the word Scandal.

Johnstown never got behind the chains. They seemed to always have 2nd and 4 or better. How many 3rd and ones did they have? Amazing. And they had no one in that backfield who overwhelmed with size or speed. Just methodical and relentless. I kept track on the score update thread — some of you Johnstown fans might enjoy reading through my shorthand updates. They are almost all about your offense because well... it was always in the field. If I left the house and drove back to Jackson I think I would still find Johnstown’s offense on the field driving 5-7 yards at a time slowly but assuredly towards paydirt.

Good luck next week vs Orrville. They made the playoffs this year after 5 straight losing seasons and held high scoring Liberty Center to 7 points tonight. You are definitely good enough to win it all. You made the defending champs buckle tonight and that says something.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

85yards: I hope you feel better now and can sleep at night. That bitterness will eat you up inside. Deep breaths. Possibly some light meditation.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

85yards wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 pm
Amen to that! Guess Burg couldn’t get one of their assistant coaches a “Media member,” pass this week. The question was asked to a Johnstown fan of “What makes (them) think they’re 30-points better than they were last year?” The answer to that is, Burg can’t get a media pass for one of their coaches on the opposing teams sideline.

You guys are pathetic excuses for human beings. Let it go. Burg got beat by a better team.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Once again Burg_Grad_77 shows himself! Lol!!! Class Act!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg had the ball 1 time in the 3rd quarter and come 4th quarter the Johnnies were clipping off 8-12 yard runs. Burg looked panicked the half back pass was a desperate play call and used at a time when everyone knew you had to pass doesn't work then. Onside kick to start the 2nd half was pretty predictable, would've rather seen them kickoff see if the defensive changes helped and played field position early in the 2nd half. Instead burg forced a 4th and 7 but because of field position to start half Johnnies went for it and converted. Can't say enough about the Johnnies and play, coaching staff was really on their A game after those 1st couple series. Players realized after they forced burg into a 3 and out they could play ball. I'm pretty sure, LD can help but I don't think burg hit 100 yards of offense until they hit Holden deep in the 4th quarter
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

It's true and they can't deny it.

Read here this week how Wheelersburg coaching is so great that in a rematch they have the advantage. Well we see how that went. Now with the negative publicity they can't cheat and we see the results

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Was this really an upset or was JM just severely underrated?

Whynot
Waterboy

Post by Whynot »

Burg’s defense didn’t seam to slant the right direction all night. Must’ve been bad luck.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm

You guys are pathetic excuses for human beings. Let it go. Burg got beat by a better team.
A better team without Burg’s “Media members,” on their sideline.
Last edited by 85yards on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm Burg had the ball 1 time in the 3rd quarter and come 4th quarter the Johnnies were clipping off 8-12 yard runs. Burg looked panicked the half back pass was a desperate play call and used at a time when everyone knew you had to pass doesn't work then. Onside kick to start the 2nd half was pretty predictable, would've rather seen them kickoff see if the defensive changes helped and played field position early in the 2nd half. Instead burg forced a 4th and 7 but because of field position to start half Johnnies went for it and converted. Can't say enough about the Johnnies and play, coaching staff was really on their A game after those 1st couple series. Players realized after they forced burg into a 3 and out they could play ball. I'm pretty sure, LD can help but I don't think burg hit 100 yards of offense until the hit Holden deep in the 4th quarter
Because they don't have an offense. It's Smoke and Mirrors. They've just had enough really good players like 2 and 29 to bail them out. Looks more like peewee or Playstation than high school. When a team has decent athletes and is able to sustain a drive when Wheelersburg doesn’t know their plays, you get 10 minutes time of possession and a butt whippen. They need to get used to it because D4 is much much tougher and Holden is gone

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Hylander wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm Was this really an upset or was JM just severely underrated?
When you look at everything from a pregame standpoint it was probably an upset especially when you talk defending state champs. Watching the game unfold and the final results the better team tonight won hands down and the Johnnies probably were underrated going in. I got the feeling though after burg scored quickly and forced a 3 and out burg thought it was going to be easy.

Return to “Football”