Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by mattash »

What a great atmosphere. How many tackles #29 Matthews have? He's got to be a D1 player.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnnie fans stay classy in victory! Much respect for the burg they are defending champs for a reason. Johnnies won this round! Congrats burg on a great run every season!

Thehog
Waterboy

Post by Thehog »

Wow, I’m a neutral fan, when I seen Johnstown come out I thought this was probably one of the smallest HS teams I’ve seen in a while, and after Burgs first drive I also thought an easy win for Burg, boy was I wrong. I’ve watched HS football for 40 years, this had to be one of fastest teams I’ve ever seen, total domination by Johnstown. Burg had zero answers for Johnstown, good luck Johnstown, I hope Jackson was a good host for both teams... Go Ironmen!!

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:32 pm Johnnie fans stay classy in victory! Much respect for the burg they are defending champs for a reason. Johnnies won this round! Congrats burg on a great run every season!
Absolutely!!! No disrespect here, just stated the fact about our D. It’s very impressive, I was confident in our D, but after what I saw against Burg offense, that’s saying something, you don’t do that to Burg teams unless you are for real!! Very pumped about this one

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Burg fans I will say, very respectable people, I had some conversations with two Burg fans and those two dudes were awesome, never got their names but they had a great attitude and wished us the best, that’s class and I will remember them for a long time.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Sorry to sound like an A— Great game for Wheelersburg
Just couldn’t stop the run We talk so much crap on here
Jackson very nice stadium

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

We all now see what happens when Burg can’t sneak one of their assistant coaches in on the opposing teams sideline as a “Media staff member.” The Burg just about got a running clock out on them. What a bunch of fraudsters!

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Dugan
Waterboy

Post by Dugan »

Boy did they missed Mosley
The truth is coming out.
This loss will hurt recruiting

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Great season by Burg and great game they battled but just wasn't their night. Congrats to Johnstown you guys played a great game! Now go win state ! U guys beat the defending state champions! BURG will be back . And. I will be rooting for the Johnies to win it all

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I thought burg could have tried to run in between the tackles a little more. Laterally Johnstown too quick. Very fast defense. Good luck in state.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dugan wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:52 pm Boy did they missed Mosley
The truth is coming out.
This loss will hurt recruiting
Mosley was there.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to Johnstown!! They definitely deserved to win. They played a great game. The smash mouth style of JHS, really took a toll on Wheelersburg.

Without question one of the bigger upsets of this year’s OHSAA playoff. It doesn’t happen very often that Wheelersburg gets upset but give credit where credit is due!

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

And I can say one thing for sure that Burg will make no excuses like some other team we know. Nothing but class win or lose go burg

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Very impressed with the speed of Johnstown. As someone said earlier looking at them I thought was one of the smallest teams ever. Great game plan. Good year burg

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Burg just got beat by a team who played better tonight no excuses Johnstown had a great game plan just like Burg did last week great. Coaching by Johnstowns staff

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

This is first time we finally made it to the state finals, very proud of this team, but also want to give respect to Burg, it was a great win against a great program!!!

Don’t want to get ahead of myself but do not know anything about Orville, I’m sure Burg fans do, any thoughts on this?

Thehog
Waterboy

Post by Thehog »

The only thing Burg could do was try to do something by the element of surprise!!!! That didn’t even work

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Thehog wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:34 pm Wow, I’m a neutral fan, when I seen Johnstown come out I thought this was probably one of the smallest HS teams I’ve seen in a while, and after Burgs first drive I also thought an easy win for Burg, boy was I wrong. I’ve watched HS football for 40 years, this had to be one of fastest teams I’ve ever seen, total domination by Johnstown. Burg had zero answers for Johnstown, good luck Johnstown, I hope Jackson was a good host for both teams... Go Ironmen!!
My thoughts exactly when I saw JM on the field. They hit Burg in the mouth and Burg had no answer after that quick first score by Burg.

It just seemed as though Burg played uninspired like they expected to win by showing up. JM had no part of it and Burg didnt known what to do when JM kept playing harder and faster.

Congrats on a good season. I have a feeling the state finals may be very one sided, but I hope not. Good luck to the Johnnies.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Burg on a great season.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

5 days after the scandle and Wheelersburg plays their worst defensive game in several years giving up almost 400 yards of offense to the same team they totally shutdown last year. Things that make you go Hmmm

Return to “Football”