Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by bleed_blue »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:37 pm
14svt wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Who's we?? You're not even with the Johnnies you were trying to tell me about not being 1-dimensional because they threw 30 times on the year and hit 86 yards passing as a season high against Meadowbrook. You've enjoyed this week though I'll admit that, I mean not many guys can just keep posting with zero facts and be believed as a fan. I mean someone asks about the Johnnies defense, "they're fast", wow what insight. Or trying to say johnnies aren't 1-dimensional, "just ask meadowbrook," that's deep. Johnnies are better than last years team, lol, no kidding they made it to the state semi final game, your insight into this game has just been overwhelming. Stated nothing but generic information, I think the only true fan is JHS I believe is the name. Now if I was the coach of a team that allowed another team to do that to them I'd be embarrassed. Because I'd expect my kids to step up and shut that down and not blink an eye about it.
Your Pathetic
We will see
WOW, more great information. It's not like you know anything about the Johnnies you're literally on here just trying to stir up Burg fans is all, which is by all accounts just sad. I mean seriously you've only taken jabs at a fan base and proving my point every time you post on the topic of the game because you're not really posting about the game. I'm hoping for a great game myself.
If Wheelersburg wins again it’ll be just like last year the troll will climb back under the bridge not to be heard of again.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 am
JHS Pride wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Yea that sounds right. I'm unsure of exactly how many players they returned from last years team. Offensively it seems they returned most of the lineup with the exception of 2-3 linemen and a couple receivers. Defensively they return most of the DL, but other than that I'm not sure. I know people will say that they won Region 19 and that they think the region is weak, but at the end of the day they are region champions and you don't do that without playing the game really well and having dynamic players. They will come to play and I expect Wheelersburg to come out continuing to roll. I think this is closer than last years game. Maybe 31-14 or so with Burg scoring a TD or FG late to put it away, similar to the Greeneview game.
Two of the running backs are from last years team, we have a sophomore we use as third rotation, we do go in power I but sometimes I’ve seen them in the old wing T formation, similar to what ironton had, not all the time but I have seen it in a few games, lots of option read. There O line only return 2, receivers the same, so pretty much same O as last year, but those players were a lot of them were first year varsity.
JHS Pride, What does ur defense line up in? What size does ur front have and are they quick and fast?
It’s basic defense (4-3) on most downs, we will sometimes go in a nickel set ( 4-2-5) did some of that in Granville, also same nickel package but in a 3-3-5 but not usually use that set but have at times this year.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

JHS Pride wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 pm
Two of the running backs are from last years team, we have a sophomore we use as third rotation, we do go in power I but sometimes I’ve seen them in the old wing T formation, similar to what ironton had, not all the time but I have seen it in a few games, lots of option read. There O line only return 2, receivers the same, so pretty much same O as last year, but those players were a lot of them were first year varsity.
JHS Pride, What does ur defense line up in? What size does ur front have and are they quick and fast?
It’s basic defense (4-3) on most downs, we will sometimes go in a nickel set ( 4-2-5) did some of that in Granville, also same nickel package but in a 3-3-5 but not usually use that set but have at times this year.
Thank you JHS for some insight! It looks like you guys have some athletes but how does your O/D line look? Do you guys have a lot of size?

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:43 pm Lets talk some educated football here for a little bit....enough of the past, what ifs, fantasy scenarios...lets talk about something BOTH teams have to deal with NOW......will either team practice, watch film, meet together, or be totally off tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day. I am interested in seeing how both head coaches' will approach this "distraction" in the middle of the state semi-final week.....will one coach have his team entirely off while the other has his troops at least meet for some sort of organized team even on turkey day???? Interesting and lets get some thoughts going on how this will be handled......
Players practicing all week, will report on Thursday morning and back Friday afternoon

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:21 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm From what I see the Johnstown players shouldn't have been lined up across the 50 warming up......Suppose to be a neutral zone in between the 45's for warm ups pre-game.....JMO.....
You would be correct, Johnnies were trying to flex their muscles pre-game and it looked like Burg players were used to going across the 50 like SOOOO many other teams do as well. They didn't really know what to do, I don't think it was deliberate otherwise they would've ran all the way across in front of them. Now if Burg let's the Johnnies line up then does a lap around the boundary over the entire field, sort of a circle the wagons gimmick we'll know who's planned ahead for that stuff ;)
Yeah, it wasn't deliberate... Just doing an entrance they always do but had no room in the neutral zone... See nothing for the other team to be upset about....But players should never line up across the 50 yard line for warm ups...The coach for Johnstown should know better than that....JMO.....

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

JHS Pride wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:43 pm Lets talk some educated football here for a little bit....enough of the past, what ifs, fantasy scenarios...lets talk about something BOTH teams have to deal with NOW......will either team practice, watch film, meet together, or be totally off tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day. I am interested in seeing how both head coaches' will approach this "distraction" in the middle of the state semi-final week.....will one coach have his team entirely off while the other has his troops at least meet for some sort of organized team even on turkey day???? Interesting and lets get some thoughts going on how this will be handled......
Players practicing all week, will report on Thursday morning and back Friday afternoon
It is game week. Good teams prepare the same as always, or should.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you JHS for some insight! It looks like you guys have some athletes but how does your O/D line look? Do you guys have a lot of size?
Our D and O line decent size, we bigger on O line then our D line, that’s the main package we us,but when we go to that nickel set we will rotate our two biggest guys from O line #70 #77 and put them on D line, in the nickel we use 40 a linebacker and Two RB will play safety slot. I’m sure you guys will see some of that nickel at times but at least first 2 possessions we will be in that basic 4-3. One thing offensively we have done different this year is we use a lot of misdirection with that O line, lots of pulling and stunts, have not seen that much movement from our O line from previous teams like I have seen this years. Tackles and TE not big just quick to break on that outside pull to lead block, they really good at picking up those LB and corners that crash in.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:21 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm From what I see the Johnstown players shouldn't have been lined up across the 50 warming up......Suppose to be a neutral zone in between the 45's for warm ups pre-game.....JMO.....
You would be correct, Johnnies were trying to flex their muscles pre-game and it looked like Burg players were used to going across the 50 like SOOOO many other teams do as well. They didn't really know what to do, I don't think it was deliberate otherwise they would've ran all the way across in front of them. Now if Burg let's the Johnnies line up then does a lap around the boundary over the entire field, sort of a circle the wagons gimmick we'll know who's planned ahead for that stuff ;)
Yeah, it wasn't deliberate... Just doing an entrance they always do but had no room in the neutral zone... See nothing for the other team to be upset about....But players should never line up across the 50 yard line for warm ups...The coach for Johnstown should know better than that....JMO.....
That’s correct it was a mistake and part of being inexperienced team

14U
S

Post by 14U »

That’s for ur answer on ur defense. I see u guys go one way in some of positions. U guys look stout in videos I’ve watched and hope to see a good game.

Paulbrog28
Waterboy

Post by Paulbrog28 »

I don’t affiliate with wheelersburg, I went to a school that plays them in the regular season. I am neutral in this dispute between Johnstown and Wheelersburg but I found Johnstown’s Regional championship game last week vs Meadowbrook on a highlight video on youtube. https://youtu.be/UfOIMWdtQC4

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Paulbrog28 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 pm I don’t affiliate with wheelersburg, I went to a school that plays them in the regular season. I am neutral in this dispute between Johnstown and Wheelersburg but I found Johnstown’s Regional championship game last week vs Meadowbrook on a highlight video on youtube. https://youtu.be/UfOIMWdtQC4
Adds a new dimension to a sporting game. My hype video is better than your hype video.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Just wanted to let everyone on here know, I’m truly a Jtown alumnus, I’m on here because I love talking about games and hearing different opinions of the opposing teams fan base, I try to do the same and give you insight of my team. It ticks me off a little when I hear disrespect (either side) about this or that and has absolutely nothing to do with the game it’s self. I will banter and argue for my team but I will assure all of you Burg fans I will not disrespect you, I will defend my team if I feel it’s defendable and I know you all can agree.

Couple things, what type of D does burg have? Are they gonna set up in a 3-4 man to man because we are a heavy run team? Cause that’s best way to defend that type of offense, lots of bodies and options you can use to spy, crash, hold gaps etc.. also what’s the main offense set you use, it looks like you guys set up with trips and allows for you to run or hit TE on other options, but sometimes you guys look to be in a spread I formation with a slot. Just asking. I like talking X & O’s, not BS.

I want to add, I will probably not give a score prediction on this game, I know johnnies have a big task to overcome and will take a lot to win this game, I’m proud of them but will say this, we got our a%#es handed to us last year by you guys, and everything is lining up to be the same outcome this year, but I’m truly making this statement from fact,that last year our inexperience we did not take the Burg seriously, and we prepared that way. Not making excuses just telling you a factual experience and I will leave it at that. This year, we are, we know what we will need to be and how to prepare to get the job done, this team no joke. But, the Burg on the other hand knows the outcome of last years game and I think they will be overlooking us and not taking us seriously. So if the score is 17-14 at halftime, I want you all to reflect on what I’m saying right now. But if it’s 31-0 at halftime I will do the same.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Was that the johnnies QB recieving a kickoff? Probably not a good approach, but hey I’m a soccer coach.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

rxburgfan wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:57 pm
Paulbrog28 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 pm I don’t affiliate with wheelersburg, I went to a school that plays them in the regular season. I am neutral in this dispute between Johnstown and Wheelersburg but I found Johnstown’s Regional championship game last week vs Meadowbrook on a highlight video on youtube. https://youtu.be/UfOIMWdtQC4
Adds a new dimension to a sporting game. My hype video is better than your hype video.
Looks like Johnstown has some really good running backs....Quick...

Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

JHS Pride wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 pm Just wanted to let everyone on here know, I’m truly a Jtown alumnus, I’m on here because I love talking about games and hearing different opinions of the opposing teams fan base, I try to do the same and give you insight of my team. It ticks me off a little when I hear disrespect (either side) about this or that and has absolutely nothing to do with the game it’s self. I will banter and argue for my team but I will assure all of you Burg fans I will not disrespect you, I will defend my team if I feel it’s defendable and I know you all can agree.

Couple things, what type of D does burg have? Are they gonna set up in a 3-4 man to man because we are a heavy run team? Cause that’s best way to defend that type of offense, lots of bodies and options you can use to spy, crash, hold gaps etc.. also what’s the main offense set you use, it looks like you guys set up with trips and allows for you to run or hit TE on other options, but sometimes you guys look to be in a spread I formation with a slot. Just asking. I like talking X & O’s, not BS.

I want to add, I will probably not give a score prediction on this game, I know johnnies have a big task to overcome and will take a lot to win this game, I’m proud of them but will say this, we got our a%#es handed to us last year by you guys, and everything is lining up to be the same outcome this year, but I’m truly making this statement from fact,that last year our inexperience we did not take the Burg seriously, and we prepared that way. Not making excuses just telling you a factual experience and I will leave it at that. This year, we are, we know what we will need to be and how to prepare to get the job done, this team no joke. But, the Burg on the other hand knows the outcome of last years game and I think they will be overlooking us and not taking us seriously. So if the score is 17-14 at halftime, I want you all to reflect on what I’m saying right now. But if it’s 31-0 at halftime I will do the same.

Pretty good post for the most part, but one part of your statement bothers me. How in the world would a team like Johnstown not take Burg seriously? A perennial state power in a region 19 championship game last season? Not sure that statement makes a whole lot of sense 🤔

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Burg96 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:42 pm
JHS Pride wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 pm Just wanted to let everyone on here know, I’m truly a Jtown alumnus, I’m on here because I love talking about games and hearing different opinions of the opposing teams fan base, I try to do the same and give you insight of my team. It ticks me off a little when I hear disrespect (either side) about this or that and has absolutely nothing to do with the game it’s self. I will banter and argue for my team but I will assure all of you Burg fans I will not disrespect you, I will defend my team if I feel it’s defendable and I know you all can agree.

Pretty good post for the most part, but one part of your statement bothers me. How in the world would a team like Johnstown not take Burg seriously? A perennial state power in a region 19 championship game last season? Not sure that statement makes a whole lot of sense 🤔
Makes a lot of sense when you overlook or underestimate your opponent, and one way you do that is not preparing to the best of your abilities and not taking advantage of it. Part of it is coaching not giving these boys those tools. It may not make sense to you Burg fans cause you wondering how can you overlook us, we the best, well... when you don’t feel that way about your opponent it’s possible. I’m just telling you from a inside type view, take it or leave it. But this year is being taken by a different approach. Plus last years game wasn’t this type of game like it is now. Just giving you my view... that’s all.

Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

I just can’t understand how an opponent could ever be overlooked at this stage of the state playoffs.

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Burg96 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm I just can’t understand how an opponent could ever be overlooked at this stage of the state playoffs.
I have same thoughts you have, not making excuses at all, we got throttled from start to finish, the Burg was indeed the better team that night and remained the better team all the way to the state final. But when watching the film from that night there were so many missed assignments and we looked and played lost. As the game continued we lost confidence and trust within the team and could never bounce back. That type of game from us,was truly when you watched it, a team that was completely unprepared for the opponent, you guys didn’t do anything out of ordinary from film study, we didn’t take it in as a team and coaches. To make my point valid, few years back we played Big Red, now that was a game that we were just overmatched and didn’t matter how much you practice and study, we just did not have the athleticism to match. All I’m saying is this years team knows what happened and are preparing for this game, laser focused!!! Not saying we will win, but I am saying we will be a better prepared team and it’s gonna be different.. that’s all

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Burg96 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:04 pm I just can’t understand how an opponent could ever be overlooked at this stage of the state playoffs.
To answer more direct I guess
1) distractions
2) outside hype
3) not practicing full throttle

Hope I summed it up

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

You can count on that the Burg will not overlook this team or any other team period , great coaches will always have their teams ready

Return to “Football”