Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by spider2Ybanana »

JHS Pride wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm I see Burg winning this one 45-7. To get to this point in the playoffs, Johnstown beat a team who ended with 5 losses and two teams that ended with 4 losses. They almost lost the Ironton (5 loss) game and pulled it out 15-7. None of those 4 and 5 loss teams would come remotely close to Madison. During the regular season, Johnstown played 3 teams with winning records. In the regular season, their defense allowed 38 points to a 7 loss team and 23 points to a 8 loss team.

During the regular season, Burg played 7 teams with winning records (6 of those making the playoffs.) In the playoffs, Burg beat a 10-1 Grandview Team and a 12-0 Madison Team.

I think Burg's speed, strength and experience win this one handily.
Whose 8 loss team we gave 23 points to???? Really, SMH
Utica

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

JHS Pride wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm
Burg4 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:10 pm I see Burg winning this one 45-7. To get to this point in the playoffs, Johnstown beat a team who ended with 5 losses and two teams that ended with 4 losses. They almost lost the Ironton (5 loss) game and pulled it out 15-7. None of those 4 and 5 loss teams would come remotely close to Madison. During the regular season, Johnstown played 3 teams with winning records. In the regular season, their defense allowed 38 points to a 7 loss team and 23 points to a 8 loss team.

During the regular season, Burg played 7 teams with winning records (6 of those making the playoffs.) In the playoffs, Burg beat a 10-1 Grandview Team and a 12-0 Madison Team.

I think Burg's speed, strength and experience win this one handily.
Whose 8 loss team we gave 23 points to???? Really, SMH
Why shake your head? It’s Utica. Remember?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You also gave up 38 to a 7 loss team. Game #1.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.js ... &year=2018

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm Love the newbies that show up the week they play the burg and talk smack then disappear never to be heard from again after the game
Of course you do have the Madison fans that have hung on a little longer to wine and cry about how the burg cheated. They have become the joke of the entire state
I’ve been posting on here for years, I post on other games as well, so please don’t categorize me.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Granville did what to Jackson I’ll let you think
Also Licking valley did what to St Clairsville
And That’s why Wheelersburg is good
You came up north and got your butts handed

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Well that Southern Ohio competition didn’t seem to matter last year and it seems that way again this year so far.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:47 pm You also gave up 38 to a 7 loss team. Game #1.

That was on a Rainy, Muddy Field

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 pm I just think the southern competition you play is terrible that’s why they have winning records
Got our butts kicked all the way to a State Championship. You really should think through what you put in writing. Makes you look silly.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:32 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:47 pm You also gave up 38 to a 7 loss team. Game #1.

That was on a Rainy, Muddy Field
Excuses as usual.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Wow this is silly I was being courteous. If you think ironton can play d you ain’t seen nothing yet. Burg will more than likely embarrass you guys. You will have no answers and all excuses in a few days. Jackson laid an egg at Granville bunch of youngsters but whatever. The home team feel will be overwhelming for the burg. Your boys will be inshock on the big stage playing before 8000 I’d say 6000 burg fans.

Us Jackson guys coined the phrase DaBurg!DABURG

Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

Ultimately though, posters from both fan bases can make all the comparisons they want. We can post statistics from this year’s teams. We can analyze schedules, look at sizes of schools that were played, etc.

However, I think most football fans will agree that the best barometer with which to try and analyze is a game that happened 12 months between these 2 very same schools.
I just don’t see how the result will be that dramatically different this Saturday night with similar rosters, schemes, etc.

I think that’s why so many Burg posters are confident this upcoming game. But that’s why the game is played. Looking forward to it!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Wow this is silly I was being courteous. If you think ironton can play d you ain’t seen nothing yet. Burg will more than likely embarrass you guys. You will have no answers and all excuses in a few days. Jackson laid an egg at Granville bunch of youngsters but whatever. The home team feel will be overwhelming for the burg. Your boys will be inshock on the big stage playing before 8000 I’d say 6000 burg fans.

6000 fans you wish
There will be a lot of southern teams there against you and despise
But it’s all good
When we beat you it will be a lot of Shock

14U
S

Post by 14U »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:22 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:12 pm With Ironton playing Johnnies to a 15-7 game, think coach Pendleton gave a little southern hospitality to burg and hooked them up with the game film??
Well Hartley coach is friends with Jtown coach
So ur saying Johnstown has the athletics and deep Hartley has?

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Since the Johnnies beat Licking Valley, that is a quality win. Licking Valley is good year in and year out. I believe this game will be a battle again for both teams. No, they didn't handle Itown very well but historically Ironton gets tougher as the year goes on. I am a Burg fan but I think if Johnnies come out strong, should be a good game. If the real deal Burg team shows up it could be a long night for Jtown.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think the rain is going to stop around 530 Saturday! Looks like a good night for football!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Does Jackson stadium drain well Or will the turf be slick?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

6000 fans you wish
But it’s all good
You'll be surprised 14svt. The southern folks might fight back and forth throughout the season, we will be there to support the Pirates. That's how we roll down here in these parts. I will say at least 75% of the people in attendance will be there rooting for the Burg.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm
14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

6000 fans you wish
But it’s all good
You'll be surprised 14svt. The southern folks might fight back and forth throughout the season, we will be there to support the Pirates. That's how we roll down here in these parts. I will say at least 75% of the people in attendance will be there rooting for the Burg.
Their will be folks from scioto county all the way over to Athens county rooting on the Burg!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Hound-dog
Waterboy

Post by Hound-dog »

Martins Ferry blasted Bellaire 34-0 week 10 then lost week 11 to Bellaire only a week. 12 months could make up for a lot.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JHS Pride wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:53 pm
fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:52 pm Love the newbies that show up the week they play the burg and talk smack then disappear never to be heard from again after the game
Of course you do have the Madison fans that have hung on a little longer to wine and cry about how the burg cheated. They have become the joke of the entire state
I’ve been posting on here for years, I post on other games as well, so please don’t categorize me.
I didn’t

Return to “Football”