Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by bleed_blue »

Maxwel wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm
14U wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 pm
When have u ever seen a Burg team have to cheat to win? Their coaches are top notch and players too!! I believe the man is part of the radio or internet covering the game for people that couldn’t make it. I’ve listen to it when I wanted to know what was going on.
Well if they were good at it, you wouldn't no when it started or when it stopped. Maybe its always been that way?
We’re on to Johnstown

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Final 4 DV Teams remaining...
Liberty Center (12-1, ranked No. 8 in final AP poll) vs. Orrville (11-2, unranked) at Sandusky Perkins
Johnstown-Monroe (12-1, No. 4) vs. Wheelersburg (12-1, No. 3) at Jackson Holzer Field

Burg will play the remaining highest seeded team on Saturday. These teams know each other from playing a year ago and they have played 2 common opponents this year. Burg has been involved in a lot of games during the past 2 years with mainly running style offenses and they continue to get better every game defending the run.

3 of the remaining 4 teams have been state champions previously. Wheelersburg (1989 and 2017), Orrville (1998) and Liberty Center (1997).

I see the Johnstown roster with 53 players, Wheelersburg with 84 players. Not sure how many Johnstown players play both ways. Although we will see Burg coming out to play with a huge chip on their shoulder, i feel that this game will be close until half. I predict 31-13, with Burg advancing to Canton.

GO BURG!

BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by BurgBuckeye »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm
Maxwel wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm
14U wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 pm
When have u ever seen a Burg team have to cheat to win? Their coaches are top notch and players too!! I believe the man is part of the radio or internet covering the game for people that couldn’t make it. I’ve listen to it when I wanted to know what was going on.
Well if they were good at it, you wouldn't no when it started or when it stopped. Maybe its always been that way?
Looks like you were already suspended under your original user name “maxwell” since you created a new account today with same name minus the second “l”. Why don’t you just knock off your crap? All of us are tired all it.
:lol: I noticed the same thing

GO BUCKEYES!
Max
Waterboy

Post by Max »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm Looks like you were already suspended under your original user name “maxwell” since you created a new account today with same name minus the second “l”. Why don’t you just knock off your crap? All of us are tired all it.
Did you figure that out all by yourself?
You must be so smart and laser focused. Maybe your on adderall too?
Or maybe Mosley is stealing my thoughts?

BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by BurgBuckeye »

Max wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm Looks like you were already suspended under your original user name “maxwell” since you created a new account today with same name minus the second “l”. Why don’t you just knock off your crap? All of us are tired all it.
olp! weve dropped the "well" completely. Hello Max

GO BUCKEYES!
BurgBuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by BurgBuckeye »

BurgBuckeye wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:37 pm
Max wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm
olp! we've dropped the "well" completely. Hello Max

GO BUCKEYES!
JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

No love for J-town. That’s fine by us, didn’t figure we get any respect for this game anyway, don’t really need it from fans on a forum, we will gain it Saturday night

JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

Love being underrated and unappreciated.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Burg over this 2 year span has played so many 1-dimensional teams I can't help but to think it has really helped strengthen the run defense. I mean the final games for burg last year consisted of all 1 dimensional teams, Johnnies, Madison and Eastwood. They achieved that success at the highest level and against the top competition last year. This year we look and they've played West, Greeneview and Madison to get to this point. 2 of those 3 teams are 1 dimensional teams and just going off of listening to the radio this years Madison game wasn't near as close as I think the scored indicated especially compared to last year. Just seems like each game has prepared burg more and more for the next team they are about to face and even similar game planning which makes it a lot easier on the coaches and players. Madison returned 19 players from last year and sounds like the Johnnies have returned quite a few this year as well it's just strange how it's lining up again. I look forward to taking this one in and I only hope that those on this board representing the Johnnies aren't the same ones we see at the game and it can remain respectful throughout. Good Luck to both teams and I hope for an injury free game still going to go with the Burg by 2 scores. Johnnies had it made with respect to region 19 and Burg had to go through what many thought were going to be this years state champs or at least make it to the title game in Madison.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 pm I just hope there isn’t people by the name of Mosley or Tilley on our Sidelines or with any Wheelersburg attire I heard they like to give away people plays
Johnstown won’t put up with that kinda stuff

They both will be on the filed yet again, now what......

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:15 pm I am glad this one will be in Jackson. It’s good for Southern Ohio to get to take this one in. I’d imagine this will be a 7,000+ attendance game. With most of SEOPS coverage area in attendance. We will be the Southern Ohio Pirates Saturday night. Come out. Get loud. Enjoy the show. Let’s ride into Canton together.

Nothing but love for Jackson, their program, fans and facilities. All of which are top notch and high class.
I all ready thought you was the Southern Ohio Pirates. Just kidding could not help myself on that one. A lot of Scioto county will be there rooting for the Pirates. I think Burg rolls in this one.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I see Burg winning this one 45-7. To get to this point in the playoffs, Johnstown beat a team who ended with 5 losses and two teams that ended with 4 losses. They almost lost the Ironton (5 loss) game and pulled it out 15-7. None of those 4 and 5 loss teams would come remotely close to Madison. During the regular season, Johnstown played 3 teams with winning records. In the regular season, their defense allowed 38 points to a 7 loss team and 23 points to a 8 loss team.

During the regular season, Burg played 7 teams with winning records (6 of those making the playoffs.) In the playoffs, Burg beat a 10-1 Grandview Team and a 12-0 Madison Team.

I think Burg's speed, strength and experience win this one handily.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Sane Man wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm While that's correct that a DeSales player on the ground made a lucky swarp as the Tiger came running past, causing a fumble it is incorrect you judging what the Ironton player was thinking. Had you seen them all year you'd know that this kid always carried it that way. That was one time though that he and the whole team paid dearly for that, you are correct in that regard.
14U wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:26 pm
Kaylns dad wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 am

1985 ironton 19 columbus desales 24 state semi Portsmouth spartan stadium.
I went to spartan to watch a Ironton vs Desales game back then and Ironton QB took off for a TD and held the ball out thinking he had the TD and Desales hit the ball for a fumble and Desales recoverd the ball think it was Fickell that recovered it. That TD would have won it for Ironton. The turnover lost it for Ironton. Is this the same game?
Nope never watched them all year just that playoff game. But I was listening to the tiger fans and they said the same. That’s how after all these years I remember.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Maxwell, Maxwel, and Max are gone....if we keep going I'll add to the list. Warnings are not just wasted posts people.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 am
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 am

And 97

But 2014 Athens smoked them by 30 the next week.
the first time Jackson played Desales was in the regional championship in 96 at Lancaster High School......in 97 the Ironmen played Youngstown East in Cambridge
Too many hits to the head that’s my CTE kicking in.
right there with ya brother!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

PirateBB wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm Final 4 DV Teams remaining...
Liberty Center (12-1, ranked No. 8 in final AP poll) vs. Orrville (11-2, unranked) at Sandusky Perkins
Johnstown-Monroe (12-1, No. 4) vs. Wheelersburg (12-1, No. 3) at Jackson Holzer Field

Burg will play the remaining highest seeded team on Saturday. These teams know each other from playing a year ago and they have played 2 common opponents this year. Burg has been involved in a lot of games during the past 2 years with mainly running style offenses and they continue to get better every game defending the run.

3 of the remaining 4 teams have been state champions previously. Wheelersburg (1989 and 2017), Orrville (1998) and Liberty Center (1997).

I see the Johnstown roster with 53 players, Wheelersburg with 84 players. Not sure how many Johnstown players play both ways. Although we will see Burg coming out to play with a huge chip on their shoulder, i feel that this game will be close until half. I predict 31-13, with Burg advancing to Canton.

GO BURG!
I wonder if there are any Welch’s on the Orrville team. I am a huge fan of Welch’s.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm

GO BURG!
I wonder if there are any Welch’s on the Orrville team. I am a huge fan of Welch’s.
Could not resist the opportunity, could you 👍!

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Burg96
Waterboy

Post by Burg96 »

Burg’s special teams are pretty elite in all phases.

What’s the word on Johnstown’s special teams unit?
Placekicker?
Punting game?
Return men?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:45 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm

GO BURG!
Could not resist the opportunity, could you 👍!
Yeah but the funny thing is it’s Smuckers tho

They pulled in a meager 7.3 billion 2017

On the game I do believe it is burgs to lose. Hang on to the ball and play smart. 100 yards penalties last week. Play like champions and you will be.

Burg wins 34 13 because honestly they are better. And there is no answer for Tanner Holden in hs football.

Good luck to both teams and may the better team win. Don’t get me wrong I want to see a fight so Johnstown bring your best you will need it.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Let's all pray for no rain Saturday and an injury ballgame for both teams! I noticed a johnie fan said they have all their skill players back well so does Burg but Burg did lose their defensive line but IMO Burgs defense is just as good or better than last year they seem to be faster and quicker to the ball. And offensively Burgs IMO running game is better. All I know is if BURG comes out with a chip on their shoulder and full of intensity if all that happens than this game shouldn't be close but we will see come game time so good luck to both teams and especially GO BURG!

Return to “Football”