Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

TCat
Riding the Bench

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by TCat »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:47 pm
TCat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 pm
Does Wheelersburg have 6 period Football Class?

Awww, did da Burg beat your widdle team?
Actually you never played my widdle team. But you do have several of our widdle players

And I guess I'll take that as a yes?

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

TCat wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Actually you never played my widdle team. But you do have several of our widdle players

yes class is held in the Derrick Zoolander wing! SMDH

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Welcome to SEOPs. It requires thought and sense. Good luck to you. And whatever team you are referring to is. Is playing basketball. Good luck to the Burg.

Kyberjay
Waterboy

Post by Kyberjay »

piratefan3 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 pm I love how everyone is focusing on if we filled Darby or if we have a receiver who is that tall and that fast but just isn't good (which we do) instead of focusing on Burg's third state semifinal in the last 4 years, looking for a repeat. It's hilarious how much people hate a winner. If you're team isn't winning stop trying to do anything to make all burg people look like ignorant liars. Focus on the topic at hand which is Burg playing to go to the state final in Canton. At this point in the season no one cares about the fans, it's who wins ball games and most Johnstown people are already intimidated by the Pirates trying to bring up anything that is completely irrelevant at this point late in the season.
[/quote

Intimidated? Johnstown?🤣🤣🤣🤣... sorry booger fans but you ain’t the same team you were a year ago.. and Johnstown isn’t either... we don’t care about how many fans are in the stand for booger what will count will be the numbers on the scoreboard. We don’t care about if some kid ran a 4.5 40... hope he makes it the pros and feeds his family back in boogerville. We care about the game. We care about the score. See you Saturday.
Boogers.

Kyberjay
Waterboy

Post by Kyberjay »

We weren’t intimidated BEFORE the game last year and we weren’t intimidated AFTER either... just a good program... that can be beat

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Jackson has the best facility in southern Ohio.

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Blitz wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:55 pm

yes class is held in the Derrick Zoolander wing! SMDH
Seriously? Schools have classes for individual sports? Do these count against their GPA?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm https://www.timesjournal.com/news/artic ... fa56e.html

FYI 6 is d1 fellas

We beat the breaks off burg that year.

I have never seen a burg team quit like that year and it was at the burg. Was the worst they have ever been beat up 🤕.
Didn’t he end up at Stanford?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Railroadn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm

I'll be taking in this game also. Is Jackson the farthest south a seminal game has ever been played in ohio?
Yes and there is a reason 7200 packed capacity closer to 8000 standing room. Alumi was built for this specific purpose. It is called Alumni stadium because alumni paid for it look at the brick wall to the right when you walk in. All the names on the wall built it over a million out of pocket! That’s how much we like our football round here.

On another note it is way more friendly than the old hs field. The middle school field now it was something special. I’d like to see some old photos of the old field filled to capacity on a Friday night. It was unique and still stands at the bottom of the hill in town.
Isn't the press box named after Holzer because they donated quite a bit of money to build it?? Been to the stadium and it top notch didn't realize it held 7,200 though that it was in the 5-5,500 range.
When the stadium was built on the field turf was Holzer field

14U
S

Post by 14U »

What does Johnstown have? I know they run but their line play and runningbacks?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm What does Johnstown have? I know they run but their line play and runningbacks?
Same QB and RB from last years team who are very athletic and quick. They run an I/mid-line read variation with a lot of QB keeps. Don't throw the ball a bunch but more than Madison did. they are pretty stout on the line and seem to move pretty well but I'm not sure if they are comparable to Madisons line. Defensively there DL seems to have some size. There linebackers and DB's are athletic and quick but lack some size. They fly around very well to the ball.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:43 pm
14U wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm What does Johnstown have? I know they run but their line play and runningbacks?
Same QB and RB from last years team who are very athletic and quick. They run an I/mid-line read variation with a lot of QB keeps. Don't throw the ball a bunch but more than Madison did. they are pretty stout on the line and seem to move pretty well but I'm not sure if they are comparable to Madisons line. Defensively there DL seems to have some size. There linebackers and DB's are athletic and quick but lack some size. They fly around very well to the ball.
Nice write up on them thanks! I don’t think many teams matchup line play like Madison as they had the best front 4 I’ve seen for along time. I watched last years game so they just had to replace some linemen? I like a fast defense that flies to the ball, so sounds like they’re a solid team.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:10 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 pm https://www.timesjournal.com/news/artic ... fa56e.html

FYI 6 is d1 fellas

I have never seen a burg team quit like that year and it was at the burg. Was the worst they have ever been beat up 🤕.

Yes fullback

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

14U wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm
Nice write up on them thanks! I don’t think many teams matchup line play like Madison as they had the best front 4 I’ve seen for along time. I watched last years game so they just had to replace some linemen? I like a fast defense that flies to the ball, so sounds like they’re a solid team.
Yea that sounds right. I'm unsure of exactly how many players they returned from last years team. Offensively it seems they returned most of the lineup with the exception of 2-3 linemen and a couple receivers. Defensively they return most of the DL, but other than that I'm not sure. I know people will say that they won Region 19 and that they think the region is weak, but at the end of the day they are region champions and you don't do that without playing the game really well and having dynamic players. They will come to play and I expect Wheelersburg to come out continuing to roll. I think this is closer than last years game. Maybe 31-14 or so with Burg scoring a TD or FG late to put it away, similar to the Greeneview game.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I agree with your Region 19 statement. Regional Champs means something!! Region 20 was very similar to 19 with 1 exception. It’s 2nd best team is much better than 19s second best team.

I think if we were being honest Region 18 was the toughest from top to bottom. The other 3 looked pretty similar to me with 20 having the best Top 2.

Although, I didn’t see that Genoa Area v Liberty Center game!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JHS Pride
Freshman Team

Post by JHS Pride »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm
14U wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Yea that sounds right. I'm unsure of exactly how many players they returned from last years team. Offensively it seems they returned most of the lineup with the exception of 2-3 linemen and a couple receivers. Defensively they return most of the DL, but other than that I'm not sure. I know people will say that they won Region 19 and that they think the region is weak, but at the end of the day they are region champions and you don't do that without playing the game really well and having dynamic players. They will come to play and I expect Wheelersburg to come out continuing to roll. I think this is closer than last years game. Maybe 31-14 or so with Burg scoring a TD or FG late to put it away, similar to the Greeneview game.
Two of the running backs are from last years team, we have a sophomore we use as third rotation, we do go in power I but sometimes I’ve seen them in the old wing T formation, similar to what ironton had, not all the time but I have seen it in a few games, lots of option read. There O line only return 2, receivers the same, so pretty much same O as last year, but those players were a lot of them were first year varsity.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:55 pm I agree with your Region 19 statement. Regional Champs means something!! Region 20 was very similar to 19 with 1 exception. It’s 2nd best team is much better than 19s second best team.

I think if we were being honest Region 18 was the toughest from top to bottom. The other 3 looked pretty similar to me with 20 having the best Top 2.

Although, I didn’t see that Genoa Area v Liberty Center game!
You're right. Region 18 was the toughest, top to bottom. I was very surprised at that game also. Especially the final score. I watched some film on Liberty Center earlier in the year and they seemed to be more of a wing T/ball control offense, but after reading an article after that game their QB threw for 250+ and ran for another 100+. Apparently they can score some points.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 pm

FYI 6 is d1 fellas

Yes fullback
Good deal. Hopefully everything has worked out for the young man.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Yes fullback
Good deal. Hopefully everything has worked out for the young man.
I saw him on espn or abc this year he had a nice block on touchdown run to win game I think it was against Oregon. That was pretty neat! He was on after the LSU game with the all Ohio Athens native Joey burroeux

The local paper has a write up on Facebook about this being the first state semi final at Jackson. I am not tech savvy enough to figure it out how to get link on here without exposing my identity.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I remember a 1981 State semi in Tank Stadium in Ironton. Any since then?

Wheelersburg v Nelsonville York
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”