Coaching Changes

Steely Dan
SEOP

Coaching Changes

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, usually is a thread started on this subject by now, but I did not find it. Here's one that may be of interest to some folks in SEO.

http://www.chroniclet.com/sports/2018/1 ... coach.html

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by 1987chieftains »

That story sounds very familiar. Good to hear that a district wasn't afraid to pull the trigger when there football program was in the toilet.....

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I don't have blinders on, and yes it is as simple to firing someone....... I do it all the time.... If your costing me money and your not producing, your gone! It is that simple. But I'll play.... So flip the coin, say your the AD or the Super. and say the talent isn't the best but its workable, (which it is) workable enough to beat the SEO teams you should be beating.....What do you do if your seeing more and more under performing product on the field. Not only are you losing on the field but now your losing in the stands. Your losing what drives your athletic dept. and funds other sports. As an AD or Super. you know most of the previous staff has been around for years on winning staffs. And you have moved them around anyway. The HC has move to from 1 side of the ball to the other and you have already had the " Come to Jesus" meeting. As a AD or Super, what do you do Cosell?? I know what I'd do..... Welcome to the real world..... That sir is reality.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan has the talent within the school. Something has to be done to get that talent out on the field. I know this is football but Logan's track is slowing down too. Not as fast as the football team but over the last 2 to 3 years the program seem to be declining.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

1987chieftains wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:19 pm I don't have blinders on, and yes it is as simple to firing someone....... I do it all the time.... If your costing me money and your not producing, your gone! It is that simple. But I'll play.... So flip the coin, say your the AD or the Super. and say the talent isn't the best but its workable, (which it is) workable enough to beat the SEO teams you should be beating.....What do you do if your seeing more and more under performing product on the field. Not only are you losing on the field but now your losing in the stands. Your losing what drives your athletic dept. and funds other sports. As an AD or Super. you know most of the previous staff has been around for years on winning staffs. And you have moved them around anyway. The HC has move to from 1 side of the ball to the other and you have already had the " Come to Jesus" meeting. As a AD or Super, what do you do Cosell?? I know what I'd do..... Welcome to the real world..... That sir is reality.
Big Affirmative... Agree 87chief...

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

1987chieftains wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:19 pm I don't have blinders on, and yes it is as simple to firing someone....... I do it all the time.... If your costing me money and your not producing, your gone! It is that simple. But I'll play.... So flip the coin, say your the AD or the Super. and say the talent isn't the best but its workable, (which it is) workable enough to beat the SEO teams you should be beating.....What do you do if your seeing more and more under performing product on the field. Not only are you losing on the field but now your losing in the stands. Your losing what drives your athletic dept. and funds other sports. As an AD or Super. you know most of the previous staff has been around for years on winning staffs. And you have moved them around anyway. The HC has move to from 1 side of the ball to the other and you have already had the " Come to Jesus" meeting. As a AD or Super, what do you do Cosell?? I know what I'd do..... Welcome to the real world..... That sir is reality.
You’re*
You’re*
You’re*
You’re*
You’re*
You’re*

It might the real world, but it is also high school football, not life and death.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

It looks like we have a spelling cop patrolling this thread, 87chief.... :roll:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Adams is stepping down at Athens.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:48 pm Adams is stepping down at Athens.
Guessing Nathan White will take over

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Is Adams done with coaching or bigger better job

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Barber1973 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:26 pm Is Adams done with coaching or bigger better job
Ryan is not leaving Athens.
He's a teacher here.
His son is a senior, I think he was just ready to step down & do other things. Hunting & fishing being two of them. Lol

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 pm
It’s okay man. I realize you are compensating for not getting a varsity letter when you were young but it doesn’t mean you are required to be a heartless donkey as an adult. Stick to business and let those with an athletic background work in that arena. You obviously aren’t/weren’t cut out for it especially if you are who I think you are.
You are incorrect once again. I have my varsity letter. If something is for sale (a game ticket) it is a business. So you are incorrect on that also. Anything that involves money trading hands is a business transaction. If you think you can be successful and not produce anything with quality, you are sadly mistaken. So again I'll play..... Given the scenarios I've given and your vast knowledge of HS sports what do you do? If you think you know who I am PM me, with your name also.
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:44 pm It looks like we have a spelling cop patrolling this thread, 87chief.... :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't know they worked on Saturdays.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ya'll are a hoot.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:53 am ya'll are a hoot.
getting deep on here bait

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 pm
It’s okay man. I realize you are compensating for not getting a varsity letter when you were young but it doesn’t mean you are required to be a heartless donkey as an adult. Stick to business and let those with an athletic background work in that arena. You obviously aren’t/weren’t cut out for it especially if you are who I think you are.
Howard, would you want to put your high school days up against 87?
Last edited by noreply66 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:44 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:44 pm It looks like we have a spelling cop patrolling this thread, 87chief.... :roll:
:D ....Must be a rent-a-cop....or getting a little Saturday overtime in....Maybe someone called in sick....he maybe filling in.... :D ....Make up time it could be......Who knows....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:04 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:44 am
:D ....Must be a rent-a-cop....or getting a little Saturday overtime in....Maybe someone called in sick....he maybe filling in.... :D ....Make up time it could be......Who knows....
:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic 9.5!!

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I"ll say this. I'm know coach Burke is a very football savvy guy. I'm know he is very passionate about the game and what he does. I'm sure he cares about his players....... Well some... Does Logan have the best talent in the state.... No, average at best. But it is workable for SEO. Over the years I have seen other coaches come in and do more with the same kids (other sports included). Can Burke's tenure at Logan improve to be more consistent from year to year.. Yes. Style, consistency, and communication to his kids. Build a connection with the community. Us ole timers always saw Perry, Dale and even Wolfe at other sporting events all the time. Hell to this day we still see Amex out walking through town. If you yell "HI" at him he'll wave back and say HI. Even if he has no clue who you are. Maybe just doing that, being more personable to the community will help the program "recruit the hall". As mentioned before, the track program is showing crack..... Go help Josh and Greg or better yet go help Pat and Nick at the middle school track level. That will help show support for the program as a whole. Dale helped coach Fraun and coach Robinson for years in track. Your keeping those connections with your players and building new ones. Show support, its the little things that will get you further.

AT THE RESERVATION
PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 pm Logan has the talent within the school. Something has to be done to get that talent out on the field. I know this is football but Logan's track is slowing down too. Not as fast as the football team but over the last 2 to 3 years the program seem to be declining.
Another example of a post that is delitirious to the coach and the program he is trying to run.

You admit the truth but don’t even realize it. The problem currently is talent not coaching.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!

Return to “Football”