Keegan Wilburn featured on ElevenWarriors

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Keegan Wilburn featured on ElevenWarriors

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... t-tape-and
The Hurry Up: Introducing In-State Running Back Keegan Wilburn, Dwan Mathis Releases A Highlight Tape And Updated Rankings For Ohio State Commits
By Derrick Webb

The Hurry Up is your nightly dose of updates from the Ohio State football recruiting trail, keeping tabs on the latest from commits and targets from around the country.

ALREADY A BUCKEYE ...

If you read the front of his game jersey, you have to wonder, "Is it an omen for his future?"

Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville, Ohio) running back Keegan Wilburn is already a Buckeye, thanks to his school's mascot. He wouldn't mind being a Buckeye at the next level either.

Wilburn, a 5-foot-10, 185-pound junior, rushed for 1,039 yards and 15 touchdowns this fall on just 134 carries. That follows a sophomore year where he posted 1,254 yards and 14 scores on 166 carries. Overall, his career yards per carry average stands at 7.4.

But he still expects more out of himself.

"Junior season was definitely a learning year for myself and the team. We graduated 16 seniors at a D6 school, so thats a large blow," Wilburn told Eleven Warriors. "Individually, I didn’t have the statistics i would have liked. However, I feel like I got a lot bigger, faster, and stronger which will help me out in the long run. Thankfully, I was able to earn Player of the Year in my district, which was pretty cool."

Wilburn says his recruiting process is beginning to heat up and his Twitter account supports that statement. While he has just one offer, from Ohio University which is just a 20-minute drive from Nelsonville-York, Wilburn has taken visits to Cincinnati, Miami (OH), Bowling Green State and Pittsburgh. He also plans to visit Rice, Duke, Michigan State and Indiana .. all of which have been in frequent contact with him.

While he has had no interest, yet, from Ohio State, he would welcome it with open arms.

"I’ve had no interest from Ohio State, other than a coach simply asking where I was from when I went to camp," he said. "I was inside of the complex with the elite receivers and cornerbacks with all of their prospects and picked up my OU offer later that day. OSU has just always been very prestigious and it’s definitely a goal to play at that level."

As his recruitment process ramps up, Wilburn already has a plan in place.

"I think I need to work on getting bigger, faster, stronger as always. Then, I also need to learn more about the game. Whenever I’d line up in the slot, or wide for that matter, I was 99 percent of the time double and triple-teamed. So I need to learn new concepts and technique to get myself open. I would like to pick up some more offers along the way just to have options, but the most important goal I have is to make a run in the playoffs for my final year of high school."

And here is the video that is posted.....

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Am5GZ

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Keegan Wilburn featured on ElevenWarriors

Post by noreply66 »

Not bad on defense either. Speed to the out side but I like the inside running better.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We expect big things from 3 his senior year!
I think he will have a great season on the track this spring as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Nice Article! Schools beginning to notice, hope he has a great senior season.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Awesome to see this kid getting well deserved exposure! By far the fastest kid I’ve seen on a football field in a long, long time. Maybe ever. Super nice kid too. Well spoken and mannered. I’m excited to see what his future holds and I’m glad he will be representing the TVC at the next level someday!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Sweet

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

I believe Holden from Burg and Parker from Portsmouth were also featured on The Hurry Up, which anytime a recognizable name is on there, it's always a great read. It's fantastic to see.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

good stuff

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”