TVC Expansion

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm Vinton could just zip over 93 & play Logan. Duh.
lol
We may have to before it’s all over. Lol

VC hasn’t played Logan in football since the late 1960’s.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Dundas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm Vinton could just zip over 93 & play Logan. Duh.
lol

With the state Logan football is currently in I see no reason for VC not to play them.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ArmChairQB wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 pm
lol

With the state Logan football is currently in I see no reason for VC not to play them.
It may be the only option for VC and I’m sure Logan would love the close game considering the difficulty in filling their schedule. I do know the schools have been in contact. We will see what happens in 2020 and beyond for week 7. If the TVC doesn’t even its divisions out, this may very well happen.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

TVC needs to go to three divisions. I know there are old school NY people that think NY can compete with the big dogs but the reality is they just can't anymore. So if you want to keep the best coach in the area coaching you best come to grips with this. NY kids deserve to be able to win championships in all sports.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

I’ve heard this from multiple people. So I’m not the only one thinking it. The TVC is too big. Small schools have all the power. There will be some schools leave and start their own conference if things don’t get figured out. And quick. My earlier prediction may not be too far off from what happens.

Wellston
Oak hill
Alexander
Meigs
River Valley
Vinton County

If oak hill doesn’t agree then ny will be the 6th team and Athens will be screwed. If oak hill does join, NY will slide over into the hocking and Athens will be screwed. It’s a win win for everyone.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

WellstonLover wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm I’ve heard this from multiple people. So I’m not the only one thinking it. The TVC is too big. Small schools have all the power. There will be some schools leave and start their own conference if things don’t get figured out. And quick. My earlier prediction may not be too far off from what happens.

Wellston
Oak hill
Alexander
Meigs
River Valley
Vinton County

If oak hill doesn’t agree then ny will be the 6th team and Athens will be screwed. If oak hill does join, NY will slide over into the hocking and Athens will be screwed. It’s a win win for everyone.
Without knowing any by-laws, I would say this has always been far more reasonable than any of the expansion talk. No way Hocking Division would want to give up their majority to bigger schools via expansion. But would some schools like to have more of a say (or get away from a certain bigger and/or better school)? Makes sense. Hopefully the Hocking schools stick together regardless of what the Ohio schools do. They have a nice setup; adding one or losing one wouldn’t be terrible, but if 5-6 schools were to break away from the Hocking, it would undo a near perfect arrangement.

Return to “Football”