TVC Expansion

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by Orange and Brown »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm I think as a se Ohio league it would be negligence to continue to allow schools to not have a league to join. If there are teams in the area that need a league let's add them split into 3 divisions Ohio Hocking and little Hocking and call it a night...add Warren and Logan and anyone else move NY down into the middle. Why a conference would not even discuss expansion to help other se Ohio school's out is beyond me
I think the big issue is everyone has a good big or go home attitude with expansion. The member schools are relatively happy with how things are now. I'd love to see one more team added to fix the scheduling.
Warren could have made it back into the TVC but they wanted to drag Marrietta with them and that ended that.
Blowing the league up to 3 divisions just isn't something the majority of member schools want to do.
It may happen down the road but who knows how long it will take.
Federal Hocking may not even have football next year. They may end up doing away with it at this point and if they do, that will fix the Hockings scheduling issues.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

By 2020, these conferences in southeast, south central and eastern Ohio will have even numbers.

SOC
OVC
FAC
SVC
MSL
MVL
ECOL

These conferences will have an odd number..

TVC Ohio
TVC Hocking

This will create a problem. It already has AD’s struggling now. When there’s only one team (Logan) in southeast Ohio that you could possibly play weeks 4-10, things will get rough.

Adding two schools that are in the geographical footprint of the current TVC, to even out the conferences, WILL NOT cause the TVC to collapse. As long as teams are in the bubble, it will be strong. The Seoal died because you had Ironton/Zanesville, Marietta/Chillicothe. Too far apart geographically. The TVC will be fine. But to make sure no one is unhappy, even this sucker out for crying out loud!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Perhaps River Valley should have never been added ... lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 am Perhaps River Valley should have never been added ... lol
I thought originally they were supposed to join the Hocking and the division was supposed to split into two 5 team divisions. Not sure what all happened there though.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

See all this talk about Oak Hill leaving SOC...anyone from Oak Hill heard anything or is it just wishful thinking on part of TVC posters?*

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:12 am Perhaps River Valley should have never been added ... lol

some would say the same about your beloved bulldogs

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

In a way Athens has made some teams go out and compete stronger. But will it get old?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I never have been a fan of River Valley in the league.. I think Athens is a good fit for the league and for themselves, specially if they can get a good strong non conference schedule which they have with adding Jackson and the ship has sailed on saying they shouldn’t be in. I know for a fact that NY enjoys playing them week 10 every year no matter the outcome. The Ohio needs one more team but expansion isn’t something that needs to happen. The TVC is fine and it’s not their responsibility to harbor all these teams when their league fails. If they want a league they can get with schools and create their own. But for the TVC if ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Chas1434
Waterboy

Post by Chas1434 »

The TVC should not look to expand a lot because that is what lead to the demise of the SEOAL. The TVC should be:

Ohio Hocking

Athens Miller
Alexander Wahama
Warren Southern
Wellston Eastern
N-Y Trimble
Meigs Waterford
VC Federal-Hocking
Belpre
River Valley South Gallia either of these have the ability to possibly leave at any time.

All of this talk of expansion is what destroyed the SEOAL. This is another possibility

SEOAL could be

Logan
Athens
Marietta
Parkersburg High
Parkersburg South
Warren

If that would happen then TVC would be

Ohio Hocking

Alexander Eastern
Wellston Miller
NY Waterford
Meigs Wahama
VC Federal-Hocking
Belpre South Gallia
Trimble
River Valley

These are only possibilities but could happen if people would put aside their differences and work together.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Anyone with the thought process of (If it ain't broke don't fix it) should still be riding horseback and wearing leather helmets.
TVC needs to always have options open and looking to the future. The Future is 3 divisions like it or not and I cant understand why anyone would be against this. SEOAL dumba$$ moves have nothing to do with the TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

TVC wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:34 am Anyone with the thought process of (If it ain't broke don't fix it) should still be riding horseback and wearing leather helmets.
TVC needs to always have options open and looking to the future. The Future is 3 divisions like it or not and I cant understand why anyone would be against this. SEOAL dumba$$ moves have nothing to do with the TVC.
👍👍

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

The Hocking sends multiple teams to the playoffs every year and floods the Convo in Basketball---by all means let's mess with that just because.......
I keep hearing the "Need" is to fix the scheduling.
Can anybody give me a year when a Hocking or Ohio football team missed a game because they couldn't find an opponent?
If you can't.......

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

No changes are "needed"

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

What would the benefit be for the current teams if the TVC went to 3 divisions? I see none. It’s called a 2 division league but in reality its more like 2 separate leagues Unlike the B10 or MAC , crossover games don’t count toward winning your division. I personally see no benefit to a 3 division league.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:03 am The Hocking sends multiple teams to the playoffs every year and floods the Convo in Basketball---by all means let's mess with that just because.......
Can anybody give me a year when a Hocking or Ohio football team missed a game because they couldn't find an opponent?
If you can't.......
Exactly.
In football
Nelsonville only plays Trimble from the Hocking. They would play no matter what league they were in .
Alex plays Federal Hocking.
That’s it. This season no Other Ohio teams played a Hocking team.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ArmChairQB wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 am
fortdawg wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:03 am The Hocking sends multiple teams to the playoffs every year and floods the Convo in Basketball---by all means let's mess with that just because.......
If you can't.......
Exactly.
In football
Nelsonville only plays Trimble from the Hocking. They would play no matter what league they were in .
Alex plays Federal Hocking.
That’s it. This season no Other Ohio teams played a Hocking team.
Fed dropped Alex. Regardless if they have football or not they won't play Alex anymore.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If you can't.......
There haven’t been yet. But things are changing. Up until now, there have been multiple conferences within the general TVC area that have odd numbers. That has allowed the TVC to schedule late non conference games. After the 2019 season, the only conferences/divisions in SEO, South Central, Eastern Ohio that will be odd numbered IS the TVC. That’s it. It’s going to become more difficult. You’ll either need to try and find a WV, Columbus or Cincinnati area team to fill the spot. And likely that will be against a team that wouldn’t be anywhere close to one you would want to play. Just some examples of games that won’t happen anymore because of conferences evening out are,

Alex/Warren
VC/Minford (one year contract for 2018)
VC/Marietta (one year contract for 2019)
Belpre/Valley (which was already a long drive)

It’s going to become more of a problem if the TVC doesn’t find a way to even out it’s divisions. The bigger schools only chance for a late non conference game within a 50 mile radius becomes Logan. That’s it. No one else. The numbers difference betweem the Ohio and hocking is too great to play many crossover games. NY/Trimble and RV/SG are really the only feesable long term games that would make any sense. Two divisions, three divisions, it doesn’t matter. Just even them out before things get harder and teams DO end up either playing games they are forced into or just schedule 9 games. It will happens within a few years. It already has to a certain degree.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You need one bye week game, so does the Hocking.

NY plays Trimble later instead of week 1. Or, the Bucks don't have much trouble playing teams outside of the area, in fact, it's been their tradition to do so.

Athens plays Logan

Wellston vs Trimble would actually be a good late season game.

Alexander vs Belpre is perfect.

Meigs can play a WV team, but have also showed the desire to travel.

River Valley vs SG

Vinton will be about the only team with scheduling difficulty.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Btw ,,, 3 divisions ,,, never gonna happen.
No reason to even discuss it.
9 Hocking schools have the majority vote, all 9 seem content and not only that, not even all Ohio schools/teams want it.
It's an absolute dead topic.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vinton could just zip over 93 & play Logan. Duh.
lol

Return to “Football”