TVC Expansion

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Expansion

Post by Teufelhunden »

fortdawg wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am Dundas I was commenting on another poster's idea but I can respond to yours.
Who plays Fort Frye and Oak Hill now?
That's the key to getting in.
People were playing Wahama and SG in all sports before they were accepted.
I don't see that with Fort and Oak Hill.
Let us stick with the Hocking for a minute and you tell me who besides Belpre and Waterford plays Fort in football?
Federal doesn't count.
Waterford plays them in everything---but since the two schools are close enough they can see each other that isn't surprising.
I don't follow Belpre basketball close enough to know if they play them home and away or at all----but I don't know of another school that plays them.
Miller could be in Beverly (their buses go through it to get to Waterford) in an hour and in the 23 plus years I've been up there they haven't played Fort in anything.
The drive to Beverly wouldn't be bad for Federal, Eastern, Southern, or Wahama and none of them play Fort in much of anything.
If you want to kill a league start forcing coaches to play teams they don't anything to do with.
They start to complain and suddenly the league breaks up. See the SEOAL if you doubt me.
Let me give you this example, let's take Miller football for the last 4 years: 0-4 against Trimble; 1-3 against Waterford: 2-2 against Belpre, Wahama, SG, and Southern, and we fared pretty well against the rest of the league.
Does anybody believe we or any of the other teams in the league would have beaten Fort Frye over that time period besides Trimble?
So unless your last name is Faires, you are basically adding a loss to your schedule---do you really think people are lining up to do that?
Good points Fortdawg. But I would just once like to see the faces on those young Cadets as they step off the bus down in Crown City after the 3 hour trip and get a look at the grinning, tobacco spitting gents wearing the stripes. :D

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

I posted above that Oak Hill is playing Nelsonville York in 2019 and Wellston in 2020. In basketball, we are playing four TVC Ohio teams this year.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

The problem with FF is they too small for Ohio and too good for Hocking. Athens is trying to beef up their sched and I think will try even more n next few years. If Vinton can keep their turnaround they don’t want a smaller school either. NY put them on non conference schedule so why add them to league. Geography they would fit Hocking (H2O ford already n) but just not going to happen

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Older bird wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 pm The problem with FF is they too small for Ohio and too good for Hocking. Athens is trying to beef up their sched and I think will try even more n next few years. If Vinton can keep their turnaround they don’t want a smaller school either. NY put them on non conference schedule so why add them to league. Geography they would fit Hocking (H2O ford already n) but just not going to happen
And in my opinion River Valley needs to leave Ohio for everyone benefit

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Older bird wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:22 pm
Older bird wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 pm The problem with FF is they too small for Ohio and too good for Hocking. Athens is trying to beef up their sched and I think will try even more n next few years. If Vinton can keep their turnaround they don’t want a smaller school either. NY put them on non conference schedule so why add them to league. Geography they would fit Hocking (H2O ford already n) but just not going to happen
Yes, please! And the sooner the better. Killing playoff points.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

bullfrog93 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Older bird wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:22 pm
Yes, please! And the sooner the better. Killing playoff points.
Agree.. I have been saying this for a good while. But they would have to leave themselves, for any change to take place and I don’t see that happening.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Maybe they volunteer to go to Hocking

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Older bird wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm Maybe they volunteer to go to Hocking
Yes, the Hocking could use another excuse to go to Golden Corral anyway, and they don't seem to mind the long bus trips and the zero playoff points garnered. :mrgreen:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Fort Frye is the same size as Nelsonville-York. Is NY too small for the TVC OHIO? NY has winning records against every other team in the TVC OHIO and has the most conference championships.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm
Fort Frye is the same size as Nelsonville-York. Is NY too small for the TVC OHIO? NY has winning records against every other team in the TVC OHIO and has the most conference championships.
LOL YES! NY is too small for the Ohio in my opinion. NY should be in the Hocking, atleast in every other sport.......they stay in the Ohio for one reason. Can you guess what it is? lol

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

OSU22 I think you may very well see that in the future among several of the schools.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY may be to small for the Ohio but that doesn’t mean NY shouldn’t be in the Ohio I don’t think change is needed in that regard, specially in Football. NY definitely does more than hold their own being the smallest school. Other sports though I can probably see but I don’t think change is needed.

shelton
Waterboy

Post by shelton »

OHIO

East
Warren, NY, Alex, Fort Frye

West
Meigs, RV, OH, Wellston, VC

HOCKING

North
Waterford, Trimble, Miller, Parkersburg Catholic, Belpre

South
Federal Hocking, Eastern, Southern, Wahama

This format would drop Athens and South Gallia. Add Parkersburg Catholic, Oak Hill, Warren and Fort Frye. This isn’t necessarily expansion but it’s realignment and I think it’s an interesting idea( that will never happen)

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Now. Are we trying to run ny out of the tvc ohio to make more room for bigger schools

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:45 pm Now. Are we trying to run ny out of the tvc ohio to make more room for bigger schools
FYI , Jackson is very happy in the FAC. Thanks

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:02 pm NY may be to small for the Ohio but that doesn’t mean NY shouldn’t be in the Ohio I don’t think change is needed in that regard, specially in Football. NY definitely does more than hold their own being the smallest school. Other sports though I can probably see but I don’t think change is needed.
We can't compete year in and year out in the other sports. We need to stay in the Ohio for Football but we need to be in the Hocking for the other sports.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

shelton wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:14 pm OHIO

East

West

HOCKING

North

South

This format would drop Athens and South Gallia. Add Parkersburg Catholic, Oak Hill, Warren and Fort Frye. This isn’t necessarily expansion but it’s realignment and I think it’s an interesting idea( that will never happen)
We don't need 4 taml divisions.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:02 pm NY may be to small for the Ohio but that doesn’t mean NY shouldn’t be in the Ohio I don’t think change is needed in that regard, specially in Football. NY definitely does more than hold their own being the smallest school. Other sports though I can probably see but I don’t think change is needed.
We can't compete year in and year out in the other sports. We need to stay in the Ohio for Football but we need to be in the Hocking for the other sports.
I can agree with that.

shelton
Waterboy

Post by shelton »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 pm

East

West

HOCKING

North

South

What about with out the splits?? Just Ohio/hocking... sane teams?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

shelton wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:25 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 pm

East

West

HOCKING

North

South

What about with out the splits?? Just Ohio/hocking... sane teams?
Now your back to an odd number of teams which is the only problem the TVC has now.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”