2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Outlook

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Outlook

Post by Blue/92 »

Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 pm
Blue/92 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:42 am

Is the Danovsky boy still expected to be the qb?
I don't think he was even considered.
Oh I thought he was the next guy up. Didnt he do well in JV ball or am I thinking of someone else?
He played QB in Jr high and his freshman year. Sat out his sophomore year. He came back last year and played on the defensive side. I hear he has been getting some reps in as a wide out.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

What does everyone think the ceiling for this team is? Floor is 2-3 losses at absolute worst, i.e. injuries, grades, etc.

A healthy, academically eligible GA team could potentially run the table........

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think the floor is 6-4. That would be loses to Meigs, point Pleasant, Portsmouth and ironton. I think it will be better then that but that is the minimum.

How good the defense is will depend on the linebackers. The defensive line will be excellent and the defensive backs will be excellent. I think the linebackers at worse would be ok.

If the linebackers turn out to be really good this defense could be special.

Offensively this will be the best line Gallia has had in a long time. The skill players have plenty of talent but lack experience.

So Meigs has that excellent QB if the linebackers are not totally up to speed I see Meigs being able to move the ball if the inexperienced Gallia offense makes a couple of mistakes I can see this being a game.

Point Pleasant is Point Pleasant I think they will be favored to win this game. But this will be a good measuring stick for where this team is at. Just like at Jackson last year I think blue devils can be in the game.

Blue devils should handle Portsmouth. But Portsmouth scares me every year in the fact that if there big kids would play physical and put it all together they could play with antlyone.

The ironton game will be a war. Gallia winning in ironton last year and in the fashion they done it. Really think has probably fueled ironton off season. I would expect this to be one of the games of the year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

8-2

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Remember a team way back for GA that then was the SEOAL was picked for 7th in a 8 team league ! Went 9-0 won the league out right / football has not change that much! Point if O-line is there bright spot ! Some young step up should be a good season ! Charles Howard was on that 9-0 !

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Say a thankful prayer they don’t play the Ironmen this year. What a blessing for GA.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:33 pm Say a thankful prayer they don’t play the Ironmen this year. What a blessing for GA.
Seriously? If Gallia had played Jackson week 9-10 last year the result would have been totally different. And give credit where it is due, if it wasn't for the close win against the OVC Champs your Ironmen wouldn't have been playing week 11 last season.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

😂😂😂😂

I knew I get some someone to respond to that LOL

But. Hey. IFs and IFs and IFs

IF you could have only stopped a two play 90yrd drive right down the hatch too........😂😂😂......IFs. IFs. IFs.
Right down the hatch to win it !!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:49 pm 😂😂😂😂

IF you could have only stopped a two play 90yrd drive right down the hatch too........😂😂😂......IFs. IFs. IFs.
What do you mean 2 play 90 yard drive. Don’t get me wrong that loss all on Gallia. You give Jackson the ball at there own 2 you force fourth down. What I think 3 times and you don’t stop them that is all on you.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

What do you mean 2 play 90 yard drive. Don’t get me wrong that loss all on Gallia. You give Jackson the ball at there own 2 you force fourth down. What I think 3 times and you don’t stop them that is all on you.

Two different plays is all they ran for 90yrds. Couldn’t stop it. Relied strictly who lifted harder in the off season and who wanted it more on that drive. Game won. But not a dig on GA. Played with great people in college from there. It was justbto get an arouse. And nothing more. Wish this game was played. And do see it in the future. But it won’t be at GA field. My heavens that places is horrific. Shame have new schools and not a football complex. As long as Andy halls coaching the Ironmen. I don’t see this game played in GA. If played. It’s gonna have to be in Jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blue/92 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:21 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:33 pm Say a thankful prayer they don’t play the Ironmen this year. What a blessing for GA.
Seriously? If Gallia had played Jackson week 9-10 last year the result would have been totally different. And give credit where it is due, if it wasn't for the close win against the OVC Champs your Ironmen wouldn't have been playing week 11 last season.

Agree Jackson really came in late in the season . They win by 14

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Two different plays is all they ran for 90yrds. Couldn’t stop it. Relied strictly who lifted harder in the off season and who wanted it more on that drive. Game won. But not a dig on GA. Played with great people in college from there. It was justbto get an arouse. And nothing more. Wish this game was played. And do see it in the future. But it won’t be at GA field. My heavens that places is horrific. Shame have new schools and not a football complex. As long as Andy halls coaching the Ironmen. I don’t see this game played in GA. If played. It’s gonna have to be in Jackson.
If it was only 2 plays then I guess the passes were the same plays but to different receivers. And I would not make a big deal out of running two plays like that is any big deal.

There is a college out there that puts up a ton of points every week that players were commenting by fourth year in program how boring camp is.

The offense only has 6 plays.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

svac83 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:57 pm

If it was only 2 plays then I guess the passes were the same plays but to different receivers. And I would not make a big deal out of running two plays like that is any big deal.

There is a college out there that puts up a ton of points every week that players were commenting by fourth year in program how boring camp is.

The offense only has 6 plays.
By the way. That is Washington State that only has 6 plays

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 pm I'm predicting 9-1 at worst.
Who do you predict the loss to be?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BillC wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:23 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:36 pm I'm predicting 9-1 at worst.
Who do you predict the loss to be?
Ironton or Point Pleasant

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Made a post about this elsewhere. Making it again here. Since the GA/RV series is done after this year (apparently) GA and Jackson need to pick back up.

Even Athens would be an acceptable Week 2 opponent. Or NY.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 am Made a post about this elsewhere. Making it again here. Since the GA/RV series is done after this year (apparently) GA and Jackson need to pick back up.

The Buckeyes are locked into Playing Berne Union next year but may be looking to pick another team up for 21/22

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 am Made a post about this elsewhere. Making it again here. Since the GA/RV series is done after this year (apparently) GA and Jackson need to pick back up.

Why should Jackson play Gallia academy?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 am Even Athens would be an acceptable Week 2 opponent. Or NY.
I think GA is the only former SEOAL team who has never played NY after the Buckeyes left the SEOAL.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Can we stay focused on here? Everyone knows that football was invented in Jackson lol.

Who when and where does GA scrimmage this year?

Return to “Football”