2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 pm This thread, WOW..... How many of you are under 18? My guess is many, or acts like it anyhow.

Go Fighting Tigers....
Well, let's see...I have "1992" in my username...my guess is you may not know how to do basic arithmetic lol. I love when one plays the "maturity" card. It is almost as good as one playing the "self-righteous" card. How does one become mature like yourself? Asking for a friend...
I did say many OR acts like it anyhow.

Since you asked, I spent 20 years in the Military so you tend to mature or grow up fast lol.
Thanks for your service!!

G0 BuCKs
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 am
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:20 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 pm This thread, WOW..... How many of you are under 18? My guess is many, or acts like it anyhow.

Go Fighting Tigers....
Well, let's see...I have "1992" in my username...my guess is you may not know how to do basic arithmetic lol. I love when one plays the "maturity" card. It is almost as good as one playing the "self-righteous" card. How does one become mature like yourself? Asking for a friend...
I did say many OR acts like it anyhow.

Since you asked, I spent 20 years in the Military so you tend to mature or grow up fast lol.
Thank you for your service, I appreciate it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Now, let’s enjoy some Friday night Football.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

With all of this maturing going on it makes me wonder why then has the conversation devolved so rapidly? At any rate, I'm pretty certain our self perceptions nor how many softball championship or invites to homecoming one got has a substantive impact regarding OP. In my estimate the only result shared by both Ironton & Wheelersburg presently that has any significance is the result of week one. History will not take one snap. Stadium quality opinion will not make one tackle. Rumor and innuendo will not complete one pass nor gain one single yard. When these teams face off in just a couple of weeks what we will see more of this season, is parity. They are going to match up very similary. The deciding factors will not be due to definitive dominance, but rather due to execution. On the field. On the sideline. In the booth.

There is no Goliath in the circle.

Who tackles well.
Who takes care of the ball.
Who is true in defensive coverage
Who is prepared mentally
Who forces turnovers
Who is prepared emotionally

Hunger. Discipline. Execution.

It's going to be a dog fight folks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope this is an excellent game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?
I would say no , but if you ask Ironton coaches they would say yes , Ironton missed a lot of tackles at the line and behind the line of a scrimmage, it’s really hard to tell how things would go in a game Bc of the format of 10 plays each as far as first downs go like the one time lucasville scored they fumbled and ironton recovered the play before , I like lucasville QB he ran well some called and other time for his life but he will have a good year , my opinion is based on they only scored once and that was the only time they threatened to score

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is the Jackson scrimmage next week. and what day and time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?
I would say no , but if you ask Ironton coaches they would say yes , Ironton missed a lot of tackles at the line and behind the line of a scrimmage, it’s really hard to tell how things would go in a game Bc of the format of 10 plays each as far as first downs go like the one time lucasville scored they fumbled and ironton recovered the play before , I like lucasville QB he ran well some called and other time for his life but he will have a good year , my opinion is based on they only scored once and that was the only time they threatened to score
That’s why we play the scrimmages to get the little things taken care of and to work on what the teams need to get better at. I bet Ironton only ran plays they needed to work on against Valley starting 11. All teams are rusty until they get it out during scrimmages.Ironton is going to be ok with a lot of talent at skill positions!! Ironton showed last year where the program is heading and that’s the right direction. Ironton was strong, in condition where they haven’t been since lutz retired. Good Luck this year Fighting Tiger

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, that's exactly what scrimmages are for. to see what you got and work it out. but me thinks the Jackson/ironton scrimmage will be a horse of a different color. these 2 are gonna bang it out I think.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

14U wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 am
Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm
That’s why we play the scrimmages to get the little things taken care of and to work on what the teams need to get better at. I bet Ironton only ran plays they needed to work on against Valley starting 11. All teams are rusty until they get it out during scrimmages.Ironton is going to be ok with a lot of talent at skill positions!! Ironton showed last year where the program is heading and that’s the right direction. Ironton was strong, in condition where they haven’t been since lutz retired. Good Luck this year Fighting Tiger
I’m glad you mentioned that because it was hot Friday night and I didnt see one ironton player cramping up or acting winded very impressed with their conditioning

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
Conditioning but a lot of sweating without replenishing

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 pm The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
Cramps are also a sign of lack of conditioning

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 pm The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
or that Ironton was in dire need of a timeout!

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm
Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
or that Ironton was in dire need of a timeout!
Keep up wanna be tiger , they didn’t have cramps they wasn’t winded they are in very good shape

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:32 am I agree, that's exactly what scrimmages are for. to see what you got and work it out. but me thinks the Jackson/ironton scrimmage will be a horse of a different color. these 2 are gonna bang it out I think.
Don't get ya hopes up. Nobody is gonna risk injury right before the season begins for a game worth zero points. Ya letting ya emotions take the place of ya better judgement. Neither staff will do the same. Ironton and Jackson would be a quality game but if ya wanna see em bang it out, ya gonna have to get em on the schedule. Now if hyperbole is ya thing, hows about this?

Jackson in the place of Russell would make Irontons OOC schedule pretty impressive imo.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion
I agree , it’s the week before opening night And I’m sure neither coach wants a injury that would keep someone out the first game or beyond , kind of a scary game two big physical teams going at it in a game that doesn’t mean anything , I would’ve like to see these game played last weekend

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Max opinion wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion
I agree , it’s the week before opening night And I’m sure neither coach wants a injury that would keep someone out the first game or beyond , kind of a scary game two big physical teams going at it in a game that doesn’t mean anything , I would’ve like to see these game played last weekend
I think the coaches are friends , maybe even a joint practice sense they don’t play . I know some pro teams do this . Maybe a stupid idea though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wait n see, this may be more of a slugfest than you think.

Return to “Football”