2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Max opinion »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:09 am I remember a few pages back on the Wheelersburg 2019 thread, when there were rumors Parker from Portsmouth was coming to Burg, soon after, a SEOPS member, "Paul Wheeler" stated...according to how he's enrolled, he can play the 1st 5 games of the season, then has to sit out the 2nd 5 games of the season and the playoffs. Paul, has this issue been addressed with the players coming into Ironton this season? No mention on this thread??? My point is, laser breath asked a simple, reasonable question and no one is willing to answer! BUT, when the rumor started about Parker to Burg, Ironton poster/posters were quick to address that!
Oh yeah poor laser, hes full of crap he put Raceland , Ashland and Portsmouth west so he obviously knows we got2 from Raceland , one from Portsmouth west and on wdeom Ashland but the one from Ashland really ticks me off that he would even mention him and to call any of these KIDS recruits is childish on your part , but especially the one from Ashland who tragically lost both parents just shows what type of person you are , don’t act like you didn’t know because you wouldn’t have mention all three schools that kids came from to Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm unaware of any of the situations surrounding any of the kids that are choosing to play at ironton. I'm saddened to hear about a child losing both parents. I don't know if it's a foster situation, or living with grand parents or what. I pray anybody new playing at ironton gets a excellent education, and that the ironton base welcomes them with open arms, I know when I moved my 2 to ironton after junior high it turned in to such a blessing. and they were treated wonderfully in the rock hill district as well. frankly I don't care where they are from, if it's done correctly and legally. a burg fan chattering about this is the kettle calling the pot black. let's face it. with open enrollment the way it is. it's getting more like college rules. it never went on when I was in school. so it's new to me too. but it is about kids getting a quality education, and an opportunity to play somewhere on Saturdays. look at the private schools, this has been going on for many, many decades.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Max opinion wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:09 am I remember a few pages back on the Wheelersburg 2019 thread, when there were rumors Parker from Portsmouth was coming to Burg, soon after, a SEOPS member, "Paul Wheeler" stated...according to how he's enrolled, he can play the 1st 5 games of the season, then has to sit out the 2nd 5 games of the season and the playoffs. Paul, has this issue been addressed with the players coming into Ironton this season? No mention on this thread??? My point is, laser breath asked a simple, reasonable question and no one is willing to answer! BUT, when the rumor started about Parker to Burg, Ironton poster/posters were quick to address that!
Oh yeah poor laser, hes full of crap he put Raceland , Ashland and Portsmouth west so he obviously knows we got2 from Raceland , one from Portsmouth west and on wdeom Ashland but the one from Ashland really ticks me off that he would even mention him and to call any of these KIDS recruits is childish on your part , but especially the one from Ashland who tragically lost both parents just shows what type of person you are , don’t act like you didn’t know because you wouldn’t have mention all three schools that kids came from to Ironton
But, all is good and well when Ironton fans mention Wheelersburg's competitive balance numbers? It is also fine when Ironton fans falsely inflate Wheelersburg's competitive balance numbers. We get it, this is directed at the claim that Wheelersburg recruits. To top it off, after all of this, you get mad at someone that asks a legitimate question about new players suiting up for the Kittens this upcoming season? You talk so much and look like such a fool. You tell people to stop posting on Ironton threads if they want to talk about other schools, but you do the exact same thing that you tell others not to? You say Wheelersburg fans are beating their chests, yet you claim that Ironton is going 10-0? You post on a thread and ask if Piketon has a football team, knowing that this is a veiled insult to Piketon. You Ironton people are funny. I post something and get called a bully by one of your own. You post similar content, and you are heralded. I understand your frustrations, I really do. The Pirates have numerous State Championships in numerous sports. Ironton has their football past, and well, not much else.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Max opinion wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 am
You can spin it all you want. I have no idea who any of the kids are, nor their situations. Frankly it’s a total D... move to bring up on an anonymous chat site the unfortunate happenings of a person and then pawn it off on me as if I was taking a jab at it. However within the coaches circles of the surrounding area, there seems to be a notion of kids being asked to come play for the ironton. Now maybe you’re unaware of that which is fine but don’t degrade a person who asks a count of how many came in. It was a simple question that could of been answered.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons outlook for 2019 is pretty good, lots of excitement and the kids are all in for Coach Pendleton. He’s done a great job with the Players and has them believing in themselves and as a Team. Keep up the hard workCoaches and Players.

Go Fighting Tigers....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree buckeye I get chills thinking about it. this will be my 1st game in sometime. the ironton/burg game. our 40th reunion starts that night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

We will find out where we are in a few hours when they travel to lucasville to scrimmage I’m sure both teams are tired of hitting each other and excited to hit another colored jersey

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ironton actually has won 6 state championships in team sports. The football team won titles in 1979 and 1989, the golf team won 3 straight state titles in 1995, 1996, and 1997, and the baseball team won the state title in 1972. Ironton also has a number of individual state champions in track, boys and girls. The Fighting Tigers have also made 3 state appearances in boys basketball with no state title.

Wheelersburg has won state titles in football in 1989 and 2017, has won 3 state titles in baseball (most recent 2015?), and have made 6 appearances in the boys state basketball tournament, without a state title. The Pirates also have a good number of individuals that have won state track championships.

The two schools are very comparable in the boys sports of football, basketball, baseball, track, and golf.

I don't think there's anybody, though, that can dispute the fact, and I say fact, that Wheelersburg is currently far and away the best athletic program in the SE district, and one of the top 10 in the state any division when you consider boys and girls sports, with teams and individuals making state appearances or winning state titles in the recent past.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

trojandave wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:52 pm Ironton actually has won 6 state championships in team sports. The football team won titles in 1979 and 1989, the golf team won 3 straight state titles in 1995, 1996, and 1997, and the baseball team won the state title in 1972. Ironton also has a number of individual state champions in track, boys and girls. The Fighting Tigers have also made 3 state appearances in boys basketball with no state title.

Wheelersburg has won state titles in football in 1989 and 2017, has won 3 state titles in baseball (most recent 2015?), and have made 6 appearances in the boys state basketball tournament, without a state title. The Pirates also have a good number of individuals that have won state track championships.

The two schools are very comparable in the boys sports of football, basketball, baseball, track, and golf.

I don't think there's anybody, though, that can dispute the fact, and I say fact, that Wheelersburg is currently far and away the best athletic program in the SE district, and one of the top 10 in the state any division when you consider boys and girls sports, with teams and individuals making state appearances or winning state titles in the recent past.
Thanks for that stroll.
I remember being a junior & traveling as a team to The Shoe for Track Finals and seeing Jimmy Morris, take the long jump state championship (1981).
I was really young for baseball championship in 1972, but my pops took me & it was awesome.

Of course, FB 79/89....
& all other finals the tigers advanced too but came up short in FB. If they make it and I’m breathing, I’m there.
I didn’t travel home for any roundball stuff, not my thing. Always listening though.

I also bought the live video final for Burg’s amazing state championship in FB a year before last & cheered from here. Loudly & congratulated accordingly.

So, I laud your post.
It speaks volumes for your character.
Pointing out the good. Celebrating it for all to see.
Good luck to your fave team/s.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trojandave wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:52 pm Ironton actually has won 6 state championships in team sports. The football team won titles in 1979 and 1989, the golf team won 3 straight state titles in 1995, 1996, and 1997, and the baseball team won the state title in 1972. Ironton also has a number of individual state champions in track, boys and girls. The Fighting Tigers have also made 3 state appearances in boys basketball with no state title.

I would certainly have to agree with that dave. how do the trojans look this year at this point.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dave is a class act if you have never met him.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wheelersburg also has a softball state championship as well

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

bleed_blue wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:46 pm

You beat me to the punch lol. The Lady Pirates have also finished State Runner-Up twice in softball. The Pirates dominating this region in baseball for nearly 15 years should also be noted. Regional Championships have to count for something.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:58 pm

You beat me to the punch lol. The Lady Pirates have also finished State Runner-Up twice in softball. The Pirates dominating this region in baseball for nearly 15 years should also be noted. Regional Championships have to count for something.
Softball choked on big stage twice ?
Ouch

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:59 pm
Ouch
You all won any state softball titles? even been there? OUCH!!! by the way, spectator doesn't count! OUCH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Ouch
Wow, you have been waiting a little while to use that comeback, huh? You must be pretty bored Poop lol. I didn't realize I had that much of an impact on you.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

:roll:
Ouch
:roll:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 pm
Ouch
Wow, you have been waiting a little while to use that comeback, huh? You must be pretty bored Poop lol. I didn't realize I had that much of an impact on you.
Had to man , you said ironton football choked 6 times on big stage . Does that apply to burg ?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Now this is looking more like an Ironton thread.🤣🤣😂😂

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 pm
ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Ouch
Had to man , you said ironton football choked 6 times on big stage . Does that apply to burg ?
Not in this instance. Regarding Ironton choking 6 times, I was comparing the Kittens' performance to Wheelersburg's performance in their appearances in the State Championship game in football. This is completely different. Ironton has never even appeared on the big stage in softball. There is no point to be made against Wheelersburg in this case. The only point that can be made is that Wheelersburg is superior to the Kittens in softball.

Return to “Football”