2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

they'll learn to finish people off with a lead , they were very young.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Whomever shared the link from 11warrior newsletter:
“THANK YOU”!

I really enjoyed watching the Highlight reel.
It was nice to see the beautiful grounds at the tank! We all love our home school fields for various reasons, and I truly miss this place! It’ll always BE THE BEST TO ME! Watching Carrico was amazing too!

I remember hoping the arrival of Pendleton would usher in many things. Including the notion of breaking norms, playing the young-uns, being less predictable, & building the “team mentality” back to the IHS mindset. The teamwork idea obviously had been in disarray for a hot minute.

Coach P is the building block to IHS FB. Hopefully those that make important decisions, will see this and make sure he stays there if that’s his choice for the time being. He has the ability to impact more than just FB.

He has turned it out in one year. Regardless of what happens, this is the correct direction for a future of success @IHS.

Carrico looks awesome. The thought that lingers in my mind is how That level of play Spreads amongst his teammates & makes them ALL stronger!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

our 40th high school reunion is labor day weekend this year. we'll be at the tank Friday night as ironton plays the burg. before the rest of the festivities.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am Ironton will beat Burg this year. Chalk it up.

Reid Carrico was the best player on the field last year as a sophomore. He will be the best overall player in the area next season. Couple that with Trevon Pendleton making huge strides with that program in just one year and I think its lights out for Burg in this matchup for the next 2 years.
Overestimating the Burg in pre-season. How many times has that happened? :lol:

Carrico is a great player and will be a force to be reckoned with but it's a team game. Burg will not walk into that game with out being prepared and without having talent. This may be the fastest team woodward has had in some time.
Wouldnt "Overestimating" mean picking Burg??? I think you mean "UNDER ESTIMATING". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would consider FAST a team like Johnstown Monroe last year. Do you remember them? That team was quick. Nothing the Burg could do inside or out against their defense and JM's QB was like an oiled up banana peel when they tried to tackle him.

No doubt Burg will have a good team again. I never said that. I think Ironton will have a running game with Carrico that will control the clock and Burg will have a hard time stopping it.

The key to beating Burg in the few times its happened in recent years has been to keep Burg's offence on the sideline and wear out Burg's defense.

I think Ironton will have the horses on offense to potentially do that this year. JMO. No reason to get your panties in a wad lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:12 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am Ironton will beat Burg this year. Chalk it up.

Reid Carrico was the best player on the field last year as a sophomore. He will be the best overall player in the area next season. Couple that with Trevon Pendleton making huge strides with that program in just one year and I think its lights out for Burg in this matchup for the next 2 years.
Overestimating the Burg in pre-season. How many times has that happened? :lol:

Carrico is a great player and will be a force to be reckoned with but it's a team game. Burg will not walk into that game with out being prepared and without having talent. This may be the fastest team woodward has had in some time.
Wouldnt "Overestimating" mean picking Burg??? I think you mean "UNDER ESTIMATING". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would consider FAST a team like Johnstown Monroe last year. Do you remember them? That team was quick. Nothing the Burg could do inside or out against their defense and JM's QB was like an oiled up banana peel when they tried to tackle him.

No doubt Burg will have a good team again. I never said that. I think Ironton will have a running game with Carrico that will control the clock and Burg will have a hard time stopping it.

The key to beating Burg in the few times its happened in recent years has been to keep Burg's offence on the sideline and wear out Burg's defense.

I think Ironton will have the horses on offense to potentially do that this year. JMO. No reason to get your panties in a wad lol.
Good catch on the over/under estimation part. I don’t have panties in wad. I wear boxer briefs. Look ironton has a buzz around them right now with carrico. He’s a great player but they field the exact same team essentially as last year except a couple of “additions” They have a great freshman class but maybe one or two of them will contribute. I do remember Johnstown. They weren’t as fast the previous year when burg beat them. Burg is fast this year. I agree they will have to be creative defensively against ironton rush game. Probably will have to take chances on some run blitzes or put more in the box. Burg adjusted too late in the Johnstown game for run support. I actually consider ironton to be the early favorite. At their place and they have experience.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a goal line turnover cost ironton against the johnnies. the tigers almost took them down. they have established a great program in Johnstown. the burg got crushed by Johnstown. but that means nothing, and cain't be used as a comparison to anything. but it does make one wonder.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

because the johnnies were in the state final.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am a goal line turnover cost ironton against the johnnies. the tigers almost took them down. they have established a great program in Johnstown. the burg got crushed by Johnstown. but that means nothing, and cain't be used as a comparison to anything. but it does make one wonder.
Yeah let’s not do that. Ironton the week before got beat by Portsmouth that was crushed by Madison which burg beat in the regional.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Virginia Tech Coach is in the Big I today.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes he got offered by the hokies and I think the Toledo rockets yesterday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am a goal line turnover cost ironton against the johnnies. the tigers almost took them down. they have established a great program in Johnstown. the burg got crushed by Johnstown. but that means nothing, and cain't be used as a comparison to anything. but it does make one wonder.
Yeah let’s not do that. Ironton the week before got beat by Portsmouth that was crushed by Madison which burg beat in the regional.
exactly what I'm saying woby. you want to make comparison's like that in your mind. but they don't make a lick of sense.

Spike
Riding the Bench

Post by Spike »

Pitt in Ironton this morning , Pendleton getting the boys noticed heard a couple of them are on Pitts radar and received camp invites. Love to see a coach working like this for his team

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 am just tell them blue boys to drive to ironton each morning tribe. we'll take it from there.

And bait if they don’t wana stop there tell em to make a slight left turn and head North on 93 to Jackson. They’ll take em , give em a fine education and play in the stadium college athletes dream of !!! 😬
we don't need no blue boys in tiger town county. we don't need anybody. we got all we need walkin the halls at dear ole ironton high. our stables have always been full.

Get the steel mills fired back up bait that’ll give em daddies some good high paying jobs again for their boys to come to play for tiger town.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw this morning on facebook where ironton's carrico also got an offer to play in the swamp for the florida gators. I have no idea how many he has. but this kid may have more college offers than any other tiger ever.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 am

And bait if they don’t wana stop there tell em to make a slight left turn and head North on 93 to Jackson. They’ll take em , give em a fine education and play in the stadium college athletes dream of !!! 😬
we don't need no blue boys in tiger town county. we don't need anybody. we got all we need walkin the halls at dear ole ironton high. our stables have always been full.

Get the steel mills fired back up bait that’ll give em daddies some good high paying jobs again for their boys to come to play for tiger town.
county I think besides leibert's ironton's 2nd largest employer now may be taco bell. but I hear as a hiring bonus there you can get a six pack of pepto bismol.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:23 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 pm

county I think besides leibert's ironton's 2nd largest employer now may be taco bell. but I hear as a hiring bonus there you can get a six pack of pepto bismol.

😂😂😂good stuff

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I see where carrico just got offered a spot at florida state as well.
per his facebook page.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 am I see where carrico just got offered a spot at florida state as well.
per his facebook page.

Bait is the scrimmage between the tigers and Ironmen set in stone ?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have no idea county, I heard that they were going to. but that's the last I heard. i'll ask the coach on facebook, we're friends there.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I seen where there were 60 Players in the weight room today and a few are at Camps.

Go Fighting Tigers...…..

Return to “Football”