Valley(7) @ (35)Portsmouth

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth 35 Valley 7

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Trojans on the win......and I commend the Indians for a strong effort. The standout player to me was PHS QB Isaac Kelly, who made a lot of positive plays with his arm and feet. Reese Johnson filled in nicely for Talyn Parker (get well soon Talyn). Deonta Parker made some key plays in his first game as a Trojan. The Portsmouth defense stepped up and looked like a respectable unit, something that I haven't been able to say for a long time. If the Trojans can bottle up this effort going forward, then a lot of good things will happen, a playoff berth and an OVC title is certainly within reach.......but one game is one game.........and the Trojans must maintain consistency on both sides of the ball to reach the goals ahead of them.

CUT DOWN THE PENALTIES, PORTSMOUTH!!........First game or not, way too many penalties!!

The Shope kid for Valley (QB) played a good game, but unfortunately had a number of drops that could have moved the Indians down the field. He will have a fine career for the Purple and Gold. Don't know how many games VHS will win, but they will be in a lot of them by the 4th quarter.
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good to hear some positive things for the Indians moving forward and also good to see the Trojans coming back to form.

I know the Indians only have a few seniors so that'll be something to look for the next few years.

Wooddawg50
Waterboy

Post by Wooddawg50 »

I was at the game last night. Portsmouth may be poised for a good year but they were very rusty last night. Valley is a young team that has a very bright future. their offensive line will get better as this season goes on. All valley needed was to be a little more aggressive. If Portsmouth wants to get back to where they used to be they need to cut out the mistakes and start closing teams out instead of letting them hang around. Portsmouth can be great however Valley I believe has the brighter future here

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Valley(7) @ (35)Portsmouth

Post by mattash »

Stats?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”