Lancaster Football 2017

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Lancaster Football 2017

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

It looks like they graduated quite a few seniors, but have some good players returning. Anyone have any info on the Gales? How did they do in the scrimmage on Tuesday vs. Olentangy?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Lancaster Football 2017

Post by formerfcfan »

The Gales look to rebound after a season that, while filled with excitement, was not without frustrating losses. LHS looks to make it three in a row for playoffs – can they make it?

Shea Goss will be one of the best runningbacks not just in the Ohio division, but the entire OCC consortium. Young man is a hard nose back with incredible leg strength, he looks to run the rock in the spirit that coach Rob Carpenter did when he played for the Lions.

Question marks for the Golden domes exist in secondary and QB; although not certainly topics of 'doubt', they are positions where Next Man Up must prove themselves. The Gales graduate the magnificent Noah Dryden, who directed the attack from QB for three years. Expect Tyler Monk to step in under center and carry the baton that ND handed off to lead the Golden Gales to week 11.

As for Olentangy, they looked good by all reports. Like play looked solid.

Tom Wilson of the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette has some good footage of the scrimmage vs Olentangy.
Excited to follow the Gales on Fridays this season, nevertheless!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

What was the final score of the scrimmage? I know Lancaster scored at least 2 TDs was that on the 1's? Did Olentangy lose a lot? Looks like Lancaster lost a good senior class, but has some studs back? Good luck to the Gales this year! I know they scrimmage Johnstown this Saturday at Lancaster 10am.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Went and watched the Johnstown Lancaster scrimmage. Johnstown had a pretty scrappy effort but I think Lancaster won 3 tds to 0. Lancaster hit them with a few big plays, but it looked pretty even at times. I think there was no driving the field except when they did down and distance and Lancaster scored 2 tds when the group 2s were in and 1 TD on a long pass when 1s were in, JV was 1 to 0 Lancaster I believe. In the varsity 1st and 10 Lancaster got pushed back to 4th and 20+, Johnstown made two first downs and had to punt, penalties hurt both teams. Overall it was good work for Johnstown and I think earned a little respect from the bigger school! Good luck to the Gales this season!

Return to “Football”