Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

enigmaax
All State

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by enigmaax »

PVCGuru wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:07 am PVC is dead. What was left of it, Shenandoah’s AD finished it off with how he acted.
What does this mean? I’ve seen a few posts talking about things Shenandoah supposedly did, but no one actually specifies anything.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:15 pm
PVCGuru wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:07 am PVC is dead. What was left of it, Shenandoah’s AD finished it off with how he acted.
What does this mean? I’ve seen a few posts talking about things Shenandoah supposedly did, but no one actually specifies anything.
I guess Shenandoah wanted things in the league to change and we’re telling more then asking. Frontier was not going to be bullied.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:19 pm
I guess Shenandoah wanted things in the league to change and we’re telling more then asking. Frontier was not going to be bullied.
Any idea on what they were wanting changed? First I’ve heard of this.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Jakefromstatefarm wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Something about schedules.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ok it’s time to bring it out. The reason Frontier left is because of Shenandoah. They wanted to change the league schedules. They lied about the weeks they wanted to play and tried to tell Frontier they had to play week 8 but they had other commitments. Was told if not for Jesse Wilson the league would of stayed together.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Ok it’s time to bring it out. The reason Frontier left is because of Shenandoah. They wanted to change the league schedules. They lied about the weeks they wanted to play and tried to tell Frontier they had to play week 8 but they had other commitments. Was told if not for Jesse Wilson the league would of stayed together.
Wow. Kind of weird that it would be so difficult to find a way to schedule 4 league games (not taking a side or assuming this is all one-sided, just saying it is kind of silly to not be able to work that out one way or another).

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Well if all this is true then it looks like Shenandoah has themselves to blame for the league dissolving. Looks like frontier and central have already joined a new league and if Fort leaves for the TVC that leaves only Caldwell and Shenandoah correct? Which good luck trying to find a new league or create one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Wow. Kind of weird that it would be so difficult to find a way to schedule 4 league games (not taking a side or assuming this is all one-sided, just saying it is kind of silly to not be able to work that out one way or another).
Shenandoah also isn’t very negotiable it’s there way of no way. Also in the offseason they dropped River. They wouldn’t return Rivers calls and they had a contract to come to Hannibal in 2018.

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

Jakefromstatefarm wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:19 pm Well if all this is true then it looks like Shenandoah has themselves to blame for the league dissolving. Looks like frontier and central have already joined a new league and if Fort leaves for the TVC that leaves only Caldwell and Shenandoah correct? Which good luck trying to find a new league or create one.
I don't see fort frye joining the tvc

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cats claw wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:25 pm
Jakefromstatefarm wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:19 pm Well if all this is true then it looks like Shenandoah has themselves to blame for the league dissolving. Looks like frontier and central have already joined a new league and if Fort leaves for the TVC that leaves only Caldwell and Shenandoah correct? Which good luck trying to find a new league or create one.

Yea been rumors every where I doubt Waterford wants Fort Frye in the TVC.

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Will fort still play Caldwell and shendoaha

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cats claw wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Will fort still play Caldwell and shendoaha

I think so as of now.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

If Fort joined the Ohio then it wouldn’t really matter would it? Fort and Waterford could still play like NY and Trimble but wouldn’t affect standings. Even if Waterford and Athens voted no then you could still get in with 12 votes. Not saying it would happen but possible.

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm

If Fort joined the Ohio then it wouldn’t really matter would it? Fort and Waterford could still play like NY and Trimble but wouldn’t affect standings. Even if Waterford and Athens voted no then you could still get in with 12 votes. Not saying it would happen but possible.
Not sure that vinton county , Meigs , river valley or wells ton would want a smaller school that would beat them more than not in football let alone all the travel in the other sports

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Cats claw wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:47 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Not sure that vinton county , Meigs , river valley or wells ton would want a smaller school that would beat them more than not in football let alone all the travel in the other sports
That is true

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:14 pm

That was just the final straw. The past couple of years they Shenandoah’s AD burnt a ton of bridges by rubbing other AD’s the wrong way. Careful what you wish for Zeps.

I was told TVC doesn’t want FF, but who knows.

I think Frontier and MC find a home up the river.

Not sure where it leaves the others.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I can't speak as to why Fort Frye didn't join the TVC back in the late 60's, but I can hazard a guess.
The trip to VC would have been a bear.
2 lane from Beverly to 50 and then 4 lane to Coolville.
2 lane on 50 all the way from Coolville to to Viking Land.
Keep in mind 50 ran through the middle of Athens at this time and 50 was two lane from Athens to Albany.
If you got behind the right traffic that could have been a 2 1/2 hr. drive or more one way.

Return to “Football”