Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
teach1coach2
All State

Re: Region 11 #5 Hillsboro @ #4 Eastmoor Academy

Post by teach1coach2 »

This could be a really good game. Truly a toss up. I lean toward Hillsboro winning.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Will be a tight one. Don't know if I can make a pick in this one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Eastmoor Academy in this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Should be an action packed game! Ill take Hillsboro 36- EA 28

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Hillsboro's offense is so tough to prepare for. You can't simulate the size they have coming at you. Their run is going to depend on how well the defense holds up. The offense does a great job of controlling the clock, and this will be a big key to their success.

I don't know a thing about Eastmoor though.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

joeboggs1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:45 am Hillsboro's offense is so tough to prepare for. You can't simulate the size they have coming at you. Their run is going to depend on how well the defense holds up. The offense does a great job of controlling the clock, and this will be a big key to their success.

I don't know a thing about Eastmoor though.
I hear they are very fast at every position. Spread team I believe. If Hillsboro can control the clock they should be able to keep that speed off the field for EA.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hillsboro sure has a load to prepare for. Eastmoor better lace em up tight cause Hillsboro gonna hit ya for 4qrters of football

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

First couple of possessions will be key in this one IMO.

If Eastmoor can force early punts and/or get some big scoring plays early, it tilts the balance of the game in their favor.

Conversely - if Hillsboro can retain possession and control the clock and force Eastmoor into some 3 and outs, they control the pace of the game.

I'm taking Eastmoor - who I think might be the second best team in the region. But if Hillsboro gets the right start it could be a heckuva football game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If being Physical has anything to do with the game, Hillsboro will be more than willing to be able to hold there own. Sometimes it does seem as if teams that spread the field and that do have a lot of speed, are able to give a lot of SEO teams a lot of trouble. I'm pulling for Hillsboro all the way in this one.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:58 am If being Physical has anything to do with the game, Hillsboro will be more than willing to be able to hold there own. Sometimes it does seem as if teams that spread the field and that do have a lot of speed, are able to give a lot of SEO teams a lot of trouble. I'm pulling for Hillsboro all the way in this one.
I would say any spread team that has good athletes gives any team problems, not just SEO teams. Eastmoor is good at what they do and so is Hillsboro. Two different minded offensive teams. But this is playoff football. Look for all teams to bring Physicality to the game. Hillsboro does like to hit that is for sure.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Hillsboro has a fighting chance but Eastmoor’s athletes I bet will be a problem. I have to guess that Eastmoor is plenty tough enough to slow down the Boro run attack.

IMO Hillsboro can win but will need their best game and maybe a near perfect game

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

You just gotta get past those Michigan helmets: :lol:

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/31776/Boys ... y-Football

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:11 pm I think Hillsboro has a fighting chance but Eastmoor’s athletes I bet will be a problem. I have to guess that Eastmoor is plenty tough enough to slow down the Boro run attack.

IMO Hillsboro can win but will need their best game and maybe a near perfect game
Hillsboro has faced some teams this season who I thought had a quicker, more athletic, speed type of athlete, but Hillsboro has held their own (Western Brown, Chilly, Washington Court House, & Jackson).... What I could see at the Jackson game was Hillsboro at some positions were undersized, but man did those undersized players play tough and never back down. Hillsboro's athletes are bruisers. Nothing flashy, just hard nosed kids that like to hit and pound the rock. The strength of Hillsboro is definitely their offense, and if they can score points this Friday they will be in the game. I'm sure its difficult to simulate in practice two 250 RB's that can actually run lol.. If Hillsboro can come up with a few turnovers that will play right into their hands. To the other side of that, Eastmoor's athletes will be difficult for Hillsboro to simulate as well. This could be a very high scoring game.

Will there be a broadcast of this game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:11 pm I think Hillsboro has a fighting chance but Eastmoor’s athletes I bet will be a problem. I have to guess that Eastmoor is plenty tough enough to slow down the Boro run attack.

Hillsboro has faced some teams this season who I thought had a quicker, more athletic, speed type of athlete, but Hillsboro has held their own (Western Brown, Chilly, Washington Court House, & Jackson).... What I could see at the Jackson game was Hillsboro at some positions were undersized, but man did those undersized players play tough and never back down. Hillsboro's athletes are bruisers. Nothing flashy, just hard nosed kids that like to hit and pound the rock. The strength of Hillsboro is definitely their offense, and if they can score points this Friday they will be in the game. I'm sure its difficult to simulate in practice two 250 RB's that can actually run lol.. If Hillsboro can come up with a few turnovers that will play right into their hands. To the other side of that, Eastmoor's athletes will be difficult for Hillsboro to simulate as well. This could be a very high scoring game.

Will there be a broadcast of this game?
I thought athletically that Hillsboro and Jackson were the same level. Eastmoor will have the top athletes like WB QB and WCH athletes...but have better players around them....maybe a WB/WCH all-star team

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Gonna go with Hillsboro in this one they are big and tough. they are more than capable of getting the job done.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Hillsboro!
Do not know much about Eastmoor but I do know generally they are very athletic.

Go smack em in the mouth! Rep the FAC! I hope they are ready for smash mouth football :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hillsboro 31
EA 28

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 pm Hillsboro!
Do not know much about Eastmoor but I do know generally they are very athletic.

Go smack em in the mouth! Rep the FAC! I hope they are ready for smash mouth football :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hillsboro 31
EA 28

I can’t speak for this game and Hillsboro winning would be huge for their program and great for the FAC....but in my experience with Jackson (year in and year out smash mouth style)....once getting to playoffs and facing teamsoutside the SE District....they are game to the smash mouth more often than not. We learned from Eaton, Kings Mill, DeSales (of course), Glen Este. Hillsboro I bet will need a few pass completions in big moments (like at Jackson). I think they’ll need Burns and Keets and also Galimore to all be good.

Would love to see this game but that’s not possible.

Go Indians

KSW
Riding the Bench

Post by KSW »

What the parking situation at EA?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

KSW wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:52 pm What the parking situation at EA?
The schools on Weyant avenue. You can get their off Main from the south or Broad from the north. There are very few spots on the north side of the school so turn in at the south side of the building and if you get there early enough you can park on pavement in back of school. If not then It's grass but should be plenty of space. It's right in front of the gate by the goalpost and ticket booth. Easy access. Hillsboro will have more fans there Eastmoor. That's the way it is with city league teams anymore. Hope this helps.

Return to “Football”