Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Slothman
Freshman Team

Re: Region 11 #7 Jackson @ #2 Granville

Post by Slothman »

I usually pull for southeastern Ohio schools but in this case not!

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

Slothman wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:38 am I usually pull for southeastern Ohio schools but in this case not!
Really tell me how you really feel!
;)

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Granville has long-time Tri-Valley coach Justin Buttermore who took Tri-Valley to the state championship game last year. I thought I heard somewhere that Granville has never won a playoff game. The Granville QB is a stud running and passing. I'm taking Granville in this one.

One question for the Jackson folks. You have had some really talented teams headed into the playoffs the last decade, where would this team rank out of the last roughly 10 teams.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Gotta go with Granville in this one.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Could be wrong. would'nt be the first time. But i see granville by 14

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TheGreatHambino
Waterboy

Post by TheGreatHambino »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 am Granville has long-time Tri-Valley coach Justin Buttermore who took Tri-Valley to the state championship game last year. I thought I heard somewhere that Granville has never won a playoff game. The Granville QB is a stud running and passing. I'm taking Granville in this one.

One question for the Jackson folks. You have had some really talented teams headed into the playoffs the last decade, where would this team rank out of the last roughly 10 teams.

Jackson has never been a good playoff team. I think this team is less talented than previous Jackson playoff teams. That being said, I think this team has a good chance of making a run this year. They don't have one kid that stands out but they have 25 that come ready to play. Multiple kids that can all run the ball well. 2,3 good wide receivers. Qb that can run and throw. Jacksons defense is always tough. Obviously you never know they could get smacked round one, it's the payoffs? But I feel like they might make a little run this year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jackson does always seem to have a good defense, I would attribute a lot of that to the emphasis on being physical and fundamental/good technique from an early age. Kids in the program from peewee through Middle School have been blessed with good coaches and consistent instruction on being physical, solid football players whether they turn out to be 5’-10” and 175 or 6’-3” and 240. We have a lot more of the former rather than the latter.

Current Defensive Coordinator is long time coach in the area and has been extremely successful in here at Jackson and previously as HC at Wheelersburg. He always has a plan and most of the time the kids execute it well.

This team will compete well, Granville clearly the favorite but I like our chances to hang around. This group has been fun to watch and I look forward to the trip. Granville boosters be ready we typically travel very well and we like to eat lol.

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

Jackson will have to throw it to win! However if any team can run on them it’s the Ironmen. I will be in deep study this week to provide my scouting report. Crouch is their quarterback that kid is darn good he does not make mistakes he takes the sack if throw is not there. He also runs like a deer. Typical Columbus spread offense. Teams that have had success against G do it through the air. The d line will be the best we have faced this year and the line backers one of the top two we have faced. I am certain we have an advantage when it comes to the passing game. Weather will play a big factor in this game it is a grass field this will play right into the hands of the fighting Ironmen. Last week was the most physical game I have watched all year. We are finally healthy and it’s a different defense gonna need our d line to step it up this week. O line have to give ice time to throw battle every snap and good things are gonna happen. Have fun stay loose. Ironmen can and will win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I follow Granville quite a bit and I would say Jackson will have their hands full. Granville has a all around team on both sides of the ball and they should handle the Ironmen.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson and Granville have played a couple regular season games in recent years.

In 2012, Granville ended Jackson's 21-game regular season win streak, defeating the Ironmen 28-14. Jackson returned the favor by beating Granville 21-0 in 2015. Obviously those games have no bearing on this game, but just a little bit of history.

I do think Granville is the clear favorite in this game, but the Ironmen have gradually gotten healthier through the last few weeks of the season. Think they might still be missing a couple guys in Week 11, but the overall health of the team was clear this past week, especially on defense. Hopefully Jackson can hang around and keep this one close going into the 4thQ and give themselves a chance to advance.

Jackson is 7-12 all-time in the playoffs, and this is their 13th appearance in school history. They have made two regional championship appearances. I'll post the full playoff history later when I get a chance.

This is Granville's 8th playoff appearance. They are 0-7 in the playoffs.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Granville spread gives Jackson problems in this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Jackson kids have been to the playoffs before and won. That can be very important as an underdog who is playing a team who has never won one.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

I think it will be a really good game. Jackson's defense is back to full strength as evident the other night. What still worries me is the passing D in the middle of the field. Granville's QB is really good and most likely will be the factor in the game. I believe the run D will be solid. The run game is solid for Jackson but the passing game is still inconsistent. To keep up with Granville Jackson must be able to pass the ball.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

As said. I would say Jackson will travel well as they typically do with plenty of fans. Solid football team. And the band is hands down one of if not the best you will see all year. It’s November and still playing football!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Jackson can’t go into this game thinking they can run run run the ball. A balanced run/pass attack will be a must.
D has been improving every week. Going to be tough but it can be done.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:20 pm As said. I would say Jackson will travel well as they typically do with plenty of fans. Solid football team. And the band is hands down one of if not the best you will see all year. It’s November and still playing football!
This isn’t the forum but Granville band is the best I’ve heard all year.

This will be a fun game. Jackson has improved with experience against this type of offense/QB. I wish they were an unga bunga running team but Jackson will have to be disciplined and excellent against a quick and creative offense.

Jackson has really good cababilities on offense and will need to make plays.

Will watch.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think Granville takes this one by 20.
Granville can run and throw it and they are tough against the run.

With the the LCL so weak,maybe I am giving the Blue Aces more credit then they deserve.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t see a 20 point deficit.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I’ll take Jackson in the upset. Jackson’s QB will put the team on his shoulders and take them to victory.

Return to “Football”