Trimble 37 Fisher Catholic 0 Round 1 Region 27 2018

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Region 27 #6 Fisher Catholic @ #3 Trimble

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:50 am If It's moved the no brainer is Nelsonville but OHSAA doesn't always do what makes sense as has been noted over the years.
Why not Athens.
My rationale is that it's just a little closer for both schools (not but a few miles), seating is just right as small Catholic schools don't bring big crowds anyway and my big one personally is the concession stand foods are better from my past experiences at both facilities IMO. :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

I don't think it should be moved unless absolutely necessary. If Fisher doesn't want to play I'm the Sty, they should have recruited better and won more games.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Superman wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 am I don't think it should be moved unless absolutely necessary. If Fisher doesn't want to play I'm the Sty, they should have recruited better and won more games.
They've already moved 4 that i know of (Gallipolis, Granville, Shadyside and Lucas home games) and it's raining here in c-bus now so they'll probably move a couple more with more rain coming this week . :(

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 am
Superman wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 am I don't think it should be moved unless absolutely necessary. If Fisher doesn't want to play I'm the Sty, they should have recruited better and won more games.
They've already moved 4 that i know of (Gallipolis, Granville, Shadyside and Lucas home games) and it's raining here in c-bus now so they'll probably move a couple more with more rain coming this week . :(
Talks of right now moving waterford game also but for now they have tarps on the field

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:51 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 am
Talks of right now moving waterford game also but for now they have tarps on the field
Yep, probably to Marietta. Not much difference either way for Berne Union.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If a move possibly needs to be made, does Trimble need to ask OHSAA to come and inspect the field? With rain mayby starting today and tomorrow, you would think that conditions would begin to be worse from this point on. You would think that a decision one way or another, needs to be made as soon as possible. I hope for the kids and the fans of Trimble that it doesn't have to be moved.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:57 am If a move possibly needs to be made, does Trimble need to ask OHSAA to come and inspect the field? With rain mayby starting today and tomorrow, you would think that conditions would begin to be worse from this point on. You would think that a decision one way or another, needs to be made as soon as possible. I hope for the kids and the fans of Trimble that it doesn't have to be moved.
:lol: You can bet your bottom dollar the OHSAA district reps have their eyes on all the fields at all times, sorta like politicians sneaking around when they want some votes :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Heard they were inspecting field Friday.
If it's unplayable, the game will most likely be at Athens.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:57 am If a move possibly needs to be made, does Trimble need to ask OHSAA to come and inspect the field? With rain mayby starting today and tomorrow, you would think that conditions would begin to be worse from this point on. You would think that a decision one way or another, needs to be made as soon as possible. I hope for the kids and the fans of Trimble that it doesn't have to be moved.
:lol: You can bet your bottom dollar the OHSAA district reps have their eyes on all the fields at all times, sorta like politicians sneaking around when they want some votes :lol:
Did I read that the Jackson / Granville game has been moved?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:16 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm
Did I read that the Jackson / Granville game has been moved?
Yep, they're playing at White Field in Newark downtown. It's where Newark and Newark Catholic play there home games. Turf was put in a few years ago. Old stadium but has hosted tons of playoff games over the decades. Nice old school feel with upgrades right off Main Street. Granville is just a couple miles up the road so it's not far.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sorry! I should have gone back and checked the Jackson/ Granville thread. I knew it was being discussed, but I didn't know the move was made.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I don’t believe anyone from FC has called for the game to be moved from “the Sty” on this thread.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Just drove by the field. Its not covered and midweek storms are coming in. Was just told Athens already volunteered there field if ours is not playable. Guess we will find out friday

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:36 pm
I don’t believe anyone from FC has called for the game to be moved from “the Sty” on this thread.
Yeah. FC is the huge underdog and would probably want it on the muddy field for turnovers. If I was Trimble I would probably move it if it floods. The coach has to do what’s best to win

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:36 pm
Yeah. FC is the huge underdog and would probably want it on the muddy field for turnovers. If I was Trimble I would probably move it if it floods. The coach has to do what’s best to win
They'll have no choice if it floods since the field is in the flood zone

Its all in the hips
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

It woulnt be under water but it will be a mud hole for sure

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:41 pm It woulnt be under water but it will be a mud hole for sure
Lived in Glouster a long time, if it floods, that field is under water too

Its all in the hips
Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Not sure how much truth, but heard they are bringing n industrial fans and helicopters to dry field by Friday. And Sat morning the local fire dept volunteered to wet it back down along with all local alumni stomping up all grass. Like I said. Not sure if my sources are correct or not.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Older bird wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 pm Not sure how much truth, but heard they are bringing n industrial fans and helicopters to dry field by Friday. And Sat morning the local fire dept volunteered to wet it back down along with all local alumni stomping up all grass. Like I said. Not sure if my sources are correct or not.
Lol, they actually did bring in a helicopter a few years ago to dry it up

Its all in the hips
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Yeah I have lived 2 miles from the stadium for 50 years and it's not going under water with this amount of rain.

Return to “Football”