Harvest Prep 42 Green 8 Round 1 Region 27 2018

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 23 #7 Green @ #2 Harvest Prep

Post by Orange and Brown »

Congratulations to Green for getting in but I think they may he overmatched. I hope they prove me wrong.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

Yes Green is an underdog but you just never know. There were a lot of upsets last year. Regardless, congratulations to the whole Green program! You do belong and you did earn it. Nice season boys! You should be proud

InReality
Riding the Bench

Post by InReality »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:49 am
Whynotus18 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 am I think we all know who is winning this one. Prep running clock second half. Green has no business in being there.
Tell us then who should be here in Green's place.
They finished 7th in the 27th region, nobody behind
them had winning record. They may have no chance
in this game, but I'm proud of them.
TBH harvest prep isnt as good as their record. Green might have every chance to win this one. But i think they will make too many mistakes being that HP has made playoffs and every player on that team has seen the atmosphere.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

InReality wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:15 am
Whynotus18 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 am I think we all know who is winning this one. Prep running clock second half. Green has no business in being there.
TBH harvest prep isnt as good as their record. Green might have every chance to win this one. But i think they will make too many mistakes being that HP has made playoffs and every player on that team has seen the atmosphere.
Agree, HP has played a couple playoff teams but the scores are nothing to write home about and those teams aren't going to win this week either. It won't be a blowout and Prep will lose to Trimble next week anyway.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

Green has made a massive improvement from almost trashing the whole program as a whole to becoming a playoff team, they've had a great season but harvest will cage the cats, toast to Franklin Furnace because this was great for the community and the team as a whole.

Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

Southern had a winning record and we know eastern destroyed green the past 2 years. They also didnt beat anybody with a winning record.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It will be close til the coin flip. Prep big.

Have gun, will travel
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Whynotus18 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 pm
Southern had a winning record and we know eastern destroyed green the past 2 years. They also didnt beat anybody with a winning record.
Southern lost Saturday night, if they won they would have been in the playoff at 8th
and would be playing Lucas. Eastern isn't in the 27th region, their a D-6 school.

Forever Blue
Waterboy

Post by Forever Blue »

Congrats to Green for making the playoffs. Anytime a southern Ohio team is in the playoffs, you've got my support BUT Harvest Prep is tough. You will encounter some inner city highly skilled players. How do I know? I go to this Church whenever possible. I've seen the players & they have phenomenal coaches. They are also very talented in Basketball. Again, congrats Green. Good job in making the playoffs.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

wowzer33 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:37 pm
Whynotus18 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Southern lost Saturday night, if they won they would have been in the playoff at 8th
and would be playing Lucas. Eastern isn't in the 27th region, their a D-6 school.
He’s talking about eastern meigs. 40-0 and 41-0 in 2016 and 2017. Green has no business being in there. Has green even beaten a team with a winning record?
That was in the past, this year Green had enough points to finish in the top 8 in the 27 region.
Take it up with OHSAA. After the top 4, the region is weak.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Region 27, not 23...Not even sure how Green made the top 8. Their schedule was 108 out of 108. In saying this, HP by 50+.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Harvest prep by however much they want.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Re: Region 27 #7 Green @ #2 Harvest Prep

Post by dnis30 »

wowzer33 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am In what world can Green being in the playoffs be taken seriously. WHAT A JOKE
Not on here to trash Green, but I completely agree. I realize they ended up with a winning record and the region is very weak, but they played D7's worst schedule. In saying this, congrats to kids at Green, I am sure they are jacked.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Green won their games and the other teams didn’t. Are they overmatched? Absolutely. But every other team below them would be too. From the looks of it they’ve played basically the same schedule for a few years now. And I highly doubt their are teams lining up at the door to schedule them, so they can only work with what they’ve got. Congrats to them on making the playoffs, regardless is people think they deserve it or not.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

wowzer33 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:42 am
Jakefromstatefarm wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:33 am Green won their games and the other teams didn’t. Are they overmatched? Absolutely. But every other team below them would be too. From the looks of it they’ve played basically the same schedule for a few years now. And I highly doubt their are teams lining up at the door to schedule them, so they can only work with what they’ve got. Congrats to them on making the playoffs, regardless is people think they deserve it or not.
Green is the one who backed out of playing the last 2 years of a 4 year contract with D7 Eastern Meigs after taking 40 point beatings for 2 years in a row.
Yeah, so? I said mostly, not the exact same schedule. Teams do that all the time. I’ve heard of a team that dropped a school they play regularly simply because they knew they would get beat, and then proceeded to reschedule back once everyone graduated. The only team that you could say is a better fit is Danville. But that’s what happens when you play a killer schedule. If you don’t win it doesn’t matter.

MillSt
Riding the Bench

Post by MillSt »

If the Green players are reading this, use this as motivation to go up to HP and make a statement. Life is full of the underdog coming out on top. You're not always going to be the most talented team or the most talented person in the fight but somehow you need to find the fire and the fight deep inside and pull it off. WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO, ANOTHER MAN CAN DO! You're not playing super-humans here, play as a team and believe in one another! Any team that makes the playoffs deserves to be there. Simple fact, Green earned the points, period.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

MillSt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am If the Green players are reading this, use this as motivation to go up to HP and make a statement. Life is full of the underdog coming out on top. You're not always going to be the most talented team or the most talented person in the fight but somehow you need to find the fire and the fight deep inside and pull it off. WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO, ANOTHER MAN CAN DO! You're not playing super-humans here, play as a team and believe in one another! Any team that makes the playoffs deserves to be there. Simple fact, Green earned the points, period.
This. After what Harvest Prep did a few years ago coming to our home playoff game, I would laugh uncontrollably if Green won this game.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

MillSt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am If the Green players are reading this, use this as motivation to go up to HP and make a statement. Life is full of the underdog coming out on top. You're not always going to be the most talented team or the most talented person in the fight but somehow you need to find the fire and the fight deep inside and pull it off. WHAT ONE MAN CAN DO, ANOTHER MAN CAN DO! You're not playing super-humans here, play as a team and believe in one another! Any team that makes the playoffs deserves to be there. Simple fact, Green earned the points, period.
Couldn't agree more! This is bulletin board material! I'll be rooting for Green!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

we should all be rooting for green..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

we should all be rooting for green..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi