Tri-Valley Conference

The biggest surprise in the TVC this year?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:20 pm

1. Vinton County
32%
2. Miller
32%
3. Meigs
8%
4. Eastern
14%
5. Wellston
14%

Total votes: 37

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Tri-Valley Conference

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poll created

The http://trivalleyconference.com/ web site has been updated and ready for football season. Both the laptop/PC version and phone app. Be sure to bookmark both - it will be updated weekly.

Good luck to all the teams this year!

H-back
Freshman Team

Re: Tri-Valley Conference

Post by H-back »

Who is the TVC hocking and TVC Ohio POY to watch for??

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

In the Hocking, I look for Carson Starlin WR/DB from Miller to have a big year seeing as though he had to sit out most of last year with injury.

Proud_Falcon95
Freshman Team

Post by Proud_Falcon95 »

I don't think it will be a surprise if Miller wins a few this year, been on an uphill climb the last two seasons. They return a TON! Only lost 3 starters from a year ago that saw them go 7-3 losing to playoff qualifiers Waterford, Southern, and Trimble.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Miller. Them or Trimble will win the Hocking

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

H-back wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm Who is the TVC hocking and TVC Ohio POY to watch for??
OPY

In the Ohio Division you'd have to look at possible league champs first as front runners. Keegan Wilburn - tailback - Nelsonville-York is the next in a long line of great backs to sport the orange and brown on Friday nights. 1,500 yards is not out of the question. Teammate QB Garrett Maiden will be pretty good as well. From Athens QB Clay Davis will be given the green light to throw and throw often and he has two excellent wideouts in Robert Dickleman and Treyce Albin. Given how Athens operates, if Davis can be accurate he could end up with huge stats. It will be interesting to see how Zach Bartrum does at Meigs - but if you want a sleeper for TVC-Ohio OPY, look no further than Vinton County with QB Naylan Yates. He's arguably the best pure athlete in the league. But football takes teamwork, he's gonna need help around him to garner POY honors.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In the Hocking Division. Same scenario. Start with possible league champs. Trimble will be interesting because you have Gary Brooks Jr. at QB, Dominic Picket at RB and they added Athens transfer RB Tyler Roback. Sometimes when you have three or more playmakers, it diminishes the possibility of winning individual post season awards. Braden Bellville will rack up yards at Waterford. Tajzae Reams - RB Belpre - can flat out fly and there is another Facemeyer at Eastern this year, Blaise Facemeyer. RB Dylan Smith at Southern is one to keep an eye on as well, unless Riley Roush steals a lot of his carries. As mentioned above, Carson Starlin - Miller - is a darn good athlete and quick. I've got to see him a few times either in person or Nelsonville T.V. cable. Not sure where they are going to line him up. Tough to win POY as a receiver.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Naylan Yates is probably the best athlete in the Ohio. He should put up some huge numbers

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 am Naylan Yates is probably the best athlete in the Ohio. He should put up some huge numbers
I have to agree with this. He could have a monstrous year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Yates will actually have a pretty good supporting cast, I think he is the front runner at this point in the season and I look for VC to give NY and Athens a good game.

Don't be surprised if VC "upsets" one of the those teams they are "supposed" to lose to.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

If anyone wins it from Trimble it will be Max Hooper.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ShoeHorn wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:04 am If anyone wins it from Trimble it will be Max Hooper.
May be. But as I mentioned with Starlin, tough to win that award as a WR

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If Vinton County can finish 3rd in the Ohio and Yates play well in possible losses to Athens and NY, then he should be in the running for POY. If his stats are dwarfed by a Wilburn or Davis, then he should be 2ND or 3rd. If Yates has huge numbers, then, yes he should win.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Miller looks pretty solid from what I'm seeing.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
lancer1
Waterboy

Post by lancer1 »

What will eastern have this year. What is all this talk about them this year?

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

lancer1 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:49 pm What will eastern have this year. What is all this talk about them this year?
Probably the 4 senior linemen. Senior running back and all the juniors that have started since their freshman year that will be upperclassmen this year. They have potential it just depends on how they use it. They will be the BIGGEST team up front in the hocking.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

In the TVC-Ohio for the River Valley Raiders......Senior QB Pat Brown and Senior CB Dustin Barber

Pat Brown returns after a huge Junior year with almost 1800 passing yards and 18 TDs (both school records).
Dustin Barber returns as part of probably the best group for RV, their defensive backfield. Barber is coming off a 6 INT season last year and is in my opinion a shutdown CB, and maybe the best CB in TVC-Ohio. He will also play some WR on the offensive side of the ball.

These would be my candidates from RV for POY.

Almost there everyone!! 15 days till Week 1!!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 pm
H-back wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm Who is the TVC hocking and TVC Ohio POY to watch for??
OPY

In the Ohio Division you'd have to look at possible league champs first as front runners. Keegan Wilburn - tailback - Nelsonville-York is the next in a long line of great backs to sport the orange and brown on Friday nights. 1,500 yards is not out of the question. Teammate QB Garrett Maiden will be pretty good as well. From Athens QB Clay Davis will be given the green light to throw and throw often and he has two excellent wideouts in Robert Dickleman and Treyce Albin. Given how Athens operates, if Davis can be accurate he could end up with huge stats. It will be interesting to see how Zach Bartrum does at Meigs - but if you want a sleeper for TVC-Ohio OPY, look no further than Vinton County with QB Naylan Yates. He's arguably the best pure athlete in the league. But football takes teamwork, he's gonna need help around him to garner POY honors.
The thing that could hurt Wilburn is that Colt Yinger will get a lot of carries this year as the power back.
I'm not sure how Coach Richards plans to split the carries so you may have a 60/40, 70/30, or 50/50 split.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:53 am Yates will actually have a pretty good supporting cast, I think he is the front runner at this point in the season and I look for VC to give NY and Athens a good game.

Don't be surprised if VC "upsets" one of the those teams they are "supposed" to lose to.
Can you tell me who the Wellston QB is?

Was he wearing #7 in the Rock Hill scrimmage?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Yes #7 is Jordan Lucas

Return to “Football”