Where does Logan go from here?

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Re: Where does Logan go from here?

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Here is a list that will hopefully lead somewhere within the coaching carousel:

1. Ryan Adams - he is available and close by. His record is impeccable. We need to do whatever it takes to entice him.

2. Rusty Richards - his teams have an attitude that we need. Big problem is he is in charge of a solid program

3. Phil Faires- he is older and is probably a long shot. If we can’t get either of the first two to inject youth into chieftain nation maybe we can go for experience

4. Mike Bartum- are you kidding? The guy played in the NFL. Of course we would want him to move north.

5. Greg Koons- ole koondogger is the only on this list with a state title under his belt. Plus he was a solid freshman basketball coach for us a few years back. We could do way worse than bringing him back into the fold.

Any of these would be great choices to lead the purple and white if the chance comes up. Thoughts?

LOVE LIKE A CHAMP!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

PerfectionInPurple wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 pm Here is a list that will hopefully lead somewhere within the coaching carousel:

1. Ryan Adams - he is available and close by. His record is impeccable. We need to do whatever it takes to entice him.

2. Rusty Richards - his teams have an attitude that we need. Big problem is he is in charge of a solid program

3. Phil Faires- he is older and is probably a long shot. If we can’t get either of the first two to inject youth into chieftain nation maybe we can go for experience

4. Mike Bartum- are you kidding? The guy played in the NFL. Of course we would want him to move north.

5. Greg Koons- ole koondogger is the only on this list with a state title under his belt. Plus he was a solid freshman basketball coach for us a few years back. We could do way worse than bringing him back into the fold.

Any of these would be great choices to lead the purple and white if the chance comes up. Thoughts?
Urban Meyer might be looking for a new job soon.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

If that was my list Urban would be sixth behind Coach Koons

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

PerfectionInPurple wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 pm Here is a list that will hopefully lead somewhere within the coaching carousel:

Gallia Current Coach!
Johnstown-Monroe current coach
Granville current coach
:mrgreen:

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Barber1973 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:30 pm The current coach has had plenty of time to rite the ship. The ship has sunk
Yep. After six years, he still needs time to "right the ship". :lol:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

moonshine wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:16 am

Gallia Current Coach!
Granville current coach
Why would any of those coaches go there? Logan can't compete with smaller schools right now let alone in d2 playoffs! The best reason to take the job is facilities...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:19 pm
moonshine wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:16 am

Gallia Current Coach!
Granville current coach
Why would any of those coaches go there? Logan can't compete with smaller schools right now let alone in d2 playoffs! The best reason to take the job is facilities...
OH but they will be able to compete in the future . Logan has never relied on Transfers but with the state of the art field house they may benefit from some of the better players that at one time roamed the halls of other schools , For a good rising star coach it might be a good match to build a winner . Laugh at Logan now for down the road they may burn you in more ways than one . It could be that in 5 to 7 years no one in SEO will want to schedule Logan for the same reason some leagues do not want them now .

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Logan's trapped in a bind and in a so called jam right now in various ways....They will be back with a vengeance and make an old statement once again ....Count on it....

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Agree 9.5 we will b back kicking ax taking names

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I can only remember a handful of years Logan doing the above... Conrad twins who were groomed in nelsonville playing youth league... What is Logan's playoff record?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

The Mike and Pat Angle yrs were good also.

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 pm I can only remember a handful of years Logan doing the above... Conrad twins who were groomed in nelsonville playing youth league... What is Logan's playoff record?
Oh yes, the Conrad’s wouldn’t have had any success at all athletically, particularly in football, if it weren’t for the Nelsonville youth league. Give me a break.

I played Rec league baseball in Logan with the Conrad’s early in my youth and the fact is they were men among boys pure talent wise. Whether they played in Nelsonville, Logan, or Lancaster didn’t matter. They were destined for athletic greatness at the high school level. Saying a Rec league made them what they were is ridiculous. That discredits their coaches 7th-12th grade.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Well since no news bout the head coach i assume he will b back. Thats 2 bad.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

If Burke goes or stays I'll still go to every game and support the football team and band like I've done for almost 40 years. It's just dis-hearting knowing the facilities Logan has and the community support for the football program and this is what the public is forced to in-doer every year.....

AT THE RESERVATION
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I'm not discrediting the Logan program in their development 7-12, just saying they played in Nelsonville because Logan did not have tackle football far as I remember and im just jealous they didn't play in Nelsonville. My point was I don't remember much other success out of Logan in the post season...

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:04 pm I'm not discrediting the Logan program in their development 7-12, just saying they played in Nelsonville because Logan did not have tackle football far as I remember and im just jealous they didn't play in Nelsonville. My point was I don't remember much other success out of Logan in the post season...
Beyond the years of the Conrad’s, Logan hasn’t had much postseason success. You are correct. Doesn’t mean we haven’t had good teams throughout the regular season. The Angle years were good years. I think the point made earlier about kicking you know what and taking names is at least getting back to that point. I would take going 9-1 and drubbing a few teams with superior talent and coaching over 1-9 and getting drubbed.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Ubetcha chief. Not asking fer a miracle just a competive team. Anybody got all time record with logan/NY

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Barber1973 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:00 pm Ubetcha chief. Not asking fer a miracle just a competive team. Anybody got all time record with logan/NY
It's lopsided as he!! in favor of Logan....90% in favor of Logan beating NY...over the years...or close to it.... :lol: I'd betcha I'm pretty darn close....Logan has had some pretty darn good football teams and numerous seoal titles....People forget.. Logan was a small div 1 in most of their playoff runs... Got beat by teams that went on to win the State title.....Made a few or more post seasons. Made it to two regional finals but came up short I believe...If I'm wrong someone correct me please....
Last edited by 9.5 INCHES on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Where is poster Locos?...He could fill in the blanks and records of any Logan season etc...He's an excellent Logan athletics historian....

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 pm
Barber1973 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:00 pm Ubetcha chief. Not asking fer a miracle just a competive team. Anybody got all time record with logan/NY
It's lopsided as he!! in favor of Logan....90% in favor of Logan beating NY...over the years...or close to it.... :lol: I'd betcha I'm pretty darn close....Logan has had some pretty darn good football teams and numerous seoal titles....People forget.. Logan was a small div 1 in most of their playoff runs... Got beat by teams that went on to win the State title.....Made a few or more post seasons. Made it to two regional finals but came up short I believe...If I'm wrong someone correct me please....
Logan is 24-9 against Nelsonville-York. 73%

Return to “Football”