Where does Logan go from here?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: Where does Logan go from here?

Post by 1987chieftains »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:35 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:14 pm
Trimble Juvenile wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:43 pm Logan should join the TVC. I've heard Fort Frye is coming in and may bring Warren with them. So, why not have Logan join them?
I don't think the TVC wants Logan. They have already shot themselves in the foot with letting Athens in. Plus I don't think Logan really wants to go south for the long term.
Athens would never vote in a Logan, Jackson, Gallipolis, Marietta etc. because it would be a whole reincarnation of their old league and the way it would be re-tiered they would have the larger schools in the same division which is what they ran from before - COMPETITION- all though they don't mind beating up on old smaller SEOAL foes Meigs , Wellston and Nelsonville and winning the TVC all sports trophy yearly now. :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AT THE RESERVATION
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

When or if any changes occur, it will be after the playoffs! :mrgreen:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Logan should look at the state of the program and ask honest questions. At the same time, Logan supporters shouldn't keep blaming "other" schools for collapsing SEOAL and ruining the Chief's football program. Logan needs to keep pounding on the northern door and at the same time, improve the condition of the program.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 am I think Logan should look at the state of the program and ask honest questions. At the same time, Logan supporters shouldn't keep blaming "other" schools for collapsing SEOAL and ruining the Chief's football program. Logan needs to keep pounding on the northern door and at the same time, improve the condition of the program.
I agree, We need to look at ourselves and correct our program. Attendance has dropped and the support for our football program is at a very low point! :mrgreen:

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

I think it’s time for these Logan posters to take a deep breath and look at reality

Logan has roughly the same number of kids per acre that we have at hannan

Therefore the level of suckcess should be about the same

I will give them a little wiggle room for being closer to some metro areas

This should allow the right coach to recruit some help. Maybe this is what Paladin has in mind.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Duck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 pm
moonshine wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am When or if any changes occur, it will be after the playoffs! :mrgreen:
There's a fiery young coach just south of Logan that would be a good get if they can get him and he proved he can win with players that other coaches couldn't win with
Who?

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

If they get the fiery one maybe maybe he will bring back koondogger

LOVE LIKE A CHAMP!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If no changes are made, then it is time to push out some school board members! :mrgreen:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Been hearing most of the Logan community will be shocked, but not surprised if no changes are made....

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Dundas wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:40 pm
Duck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 pm
moonshine wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am When or if any changes occur, it will be after the playoffs! :mrgreen:
There's a fiery young coach just south of Logan that would be a good get if they can get him and he proved he can win with players that other coaches couldn't win with
Who?
Rusty?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Hopefully change will come soon! :mrgreen:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

moonshine wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:05 am Hopefully change will come soon! :mrgreen:
As much as many in Chieftain Nation thinks it should, I don’t think it will.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I think the administration is fine with the results and it will be business as usual.......

AT THE RESERVATION
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am I think the administration is fine with the results and it will be business as usual.......

I agree 87. I wasn’t a fan of how the records were under Kelly, but it baffles my mind that we are in the same situation for longer and not even a hint of change or action. So that makes me believe one of two things:
1. Administration has a “yes man” as a football coach that doesn’t go against their approach towards things.
OR
2. They don’t care how the state of Logan football has seemingly gone into disrepair.
I know that may not be a popular opinion among some on here and it is probably simplistic to them as well, but it’s an opinion to say the least. The way I see it, this guy has no long term loyalty to our program. He wouldn’t think twice about leaving us if his “dream job” opened.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

If lancaster would call 2day he would b gone yesterday but that aint gonna happen cause he terrible but he must b a yes man cause administration seems fine with the way things r going

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

You should hope a better job comes open so he will leave. Lancaster may not be open, but he has to realize that a bad record won’t get him that job. It will be competitive and they will look for a winner with a winning record, not a native with a poor record. Lots of Central Ohio jobs will open and may look better than the losing program he had “ developed” at Logan.

If the administration doesn’t make a move, some of the players will. Numbers drop and players who could help will walk away. Losing, just like winning , is contagious. Some athletes will try to avoid that and simply not come out. Or worse, transfer. There is a record of what happened at Medina Buckeye. With him gone , the program recovered and are winning again and back to the playoffs. He has to know that he has a problem.

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Chieftain Stadium being one of the best why would the administration allow the program to fail. Tax payers deserve more for their money.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

What was his record and how long was he the coach at Medina Buckeye ? With the tradition in football in Logan over the years, I can't believe that there wouldn't be plenty of coaches that would love to have the chance to be the head football coach at Logan High School. I'm an outsider, so mayby there are some other reasons as to why someone wouldn't be interested. I have been to your Stadium, and there are very few in SEO that can even compare.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm What was his record and how long was he the coach at Medina Buckeye ? With the tradition in football in Logan over the years, I can't believe that there wouldn't be plenty of coaches that would love to have the chance to be the head football coach at Logan High School. I'm an outsider, so mayby there are some other reasons as to why someone wouldn't be interested. I have been to your Stadium, and there are very few in SEO that can even compare.
It's hard to coach at a school that size with no league.
I'm sure that new field house or whatever they are calling it will help.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

John Smith, if he applied - if the job opened up - think he would get at least an interview?

Return to “Football”