Post by 14svt »

They will be coming here
Jtown has a 2-0 record against Ironton
Thoughts ?

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 11 Ironton vs Johnstown

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jtown should win. However, they weren’t very good last year. Ironton might pull off the upset!

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

I want Ironton, but smart money on Johnstown

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironton has nothing to hang there head over. 4 losses and all of them were close. Burg game closer than what people expected. Last night was a heartbreaker for them. I think Johnstown wins this. But I’ll be rooting for any of our area teams.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I’m going with Ironton if they are healthy. That’s the biggest question for them right now.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Johnnies by at least 10

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

ironton was close in all their loses against top teams! I believe they have a shot here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good luck to the Tigers

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think when they are on there game,and not making the silly mistakes and unforced turnovers,that the Tigers can play with just about anyone. With the exception of the game with Wheelersburg, I'm beginning to wonder if the Mental part of the game is starting to become a factor in some of these games. After leading the game against Ashland, and having big leads against both Gallia Academy and Portsmouth,and then having all those teams come from behind and give them heartbreaking defeats,I'm just beginning to wonder.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 pm I think when they are on there game,and not making the silly mistakes and unforced turnovers,that the Tigers can play with just about anyone. With the exception of the game with Wheelersburg, I'm beginning to wonder if the Mental part of the game is starting to become a factor in some of these games. After leading the game against Ashland, and having big leads against both Gallia Academy and Portsmouth,and then having all those teams come from behind and give them heartbreaking defeats,I'm just beginning to wonder.
No need to wonder about Ironton under the first year of Pendleton's guidance. Crawl, walk, run in that order has to be accomplished first before championships can be won. Six wins while trying to change the culture should be celebrated in Arntun.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

One good thing about playing Johnstown is their band is awesome you'll see a very good halftime show. As far as the game goes Johnstown will run the ball 95% of the time if Ironton can slow down their running attack they have a good chance of winning and they must cut out the mistakes that have haunted them the last 2 weeks.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 pm I think when they are on there game,and not making the silly mistakes and unforced turnovers,that the Tigers can play with just about anyone. With the exception of the game with Wheelersburg, I'm beginning to wonder if the Mental part of the game is starting to become a factor in some of these games. After leading the game against Ashland, and having big leads against both Gallia Academy and Portsmouth,and then having all those teams come from behind and give them heartbreaking defeats,I'm just beginning to wonder.
Ironton is physical and enhusiastic. However, they lack experience and leadership on the field. Not a knock, it just takes time. That has a lot to do with not being able to hold a lead in the last two games, games they clearly should have won, with a lot on the line. They may not win this week, but the experience will serve them well for next year.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironton program has completed a 360 within the last year. Any thing they do from here on just adds to an already fantastic season. Congrats to the Ironton Fighting Tigers. Represent SEO well in the post season.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:44 pm Ironton program has completed a 360 within the last year. Any thing they do from here on just adds to an already fantastic season. Congrats to the Ironton Fighting Tigers. Represent SEO well in the post season.
You mean 180. Lol

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Johnnies take care of the young Tigers @ home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would be shocked if Johnstown and the big D-1 recruit does not when this one bu 3 scores or more.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who’s the big D1 recruit, and who’s recruiting him?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Omega wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:23 pm
No need to wonder about Ironton under the first year of Pendleton's guidance. Crawl, walk, run in that order has to be accomplished first before championships can be won. Six wins while trying to change the culture should be celebrated in Arntun.
I agree completely omega.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:23 pm
Ironton is physical and enhusiastic. However, they lack experience and leadership on the field. Not a knock, it just takes time. That has a lot to do with not being able to hold a lead in the last two games, games they clearly should have won, with a lot on the line. They may not win this week, but the experience will serve them well for next year.
great point as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
teach1coach2
All State

Re: Region 19 #8 Ironton @ #1 Johnstown-Monroe

Post by teach1coach2 »

Johnstown convincingly.

Return to “Football”