Johnstown-Monroe 15 Ironton 7 Round 1 Region 19 2018

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: Region 19 #8 Ironton @ #1 Johnstown-Monroe

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

If ironton can get Johnstown into a lot of 3rd and longs and make them have to throw the ball anything is possible but Ironton definitely can't let them run the ball at will or it will be a long night. I hope Ironton is healthy and well prepared to be disciplined on defense especially the linebackers need to fill the holes and stop the run. Good luck to Ironton and hope they pull off the upset!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Back in the day, Ironton wins. This week it’ll be a running clock eventually.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

In 1999 i remember a 6-3 #8 seed ironton traveling to Cincinnati Wyoming to take on the #1 seed 10-0 Cowboys. The Tigers won that game by 3 touchdowns and then took care of business against indian hill, Valley View, and Youngstown Mooney on their journey to the state championship game. Never count the Tigers out.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Railroadn wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:29 am In 1999 i remember a 6-3 #8 seed ironton traveling to Cincinnati Wyoming to take on the #1 seed 10-0 Cowboys. The Tigers won that game by 3 touchdowns and then took care of business against indian hill, Valley View, and Youngstown Mooney on their journey to the state championship game. Never count the Tigers out.
remember this quite well

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?
I wouldn’t say trouble. But the game was closer than expected. A Hail Mary gave Ironton 6 at the half. That’s all they scored.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Anyone going to the game Jtown just built a new high school also just laid down the new turf which is really nice Also when going in the stadium stay to the left of the stadium on the road to go to the vistor side side for tickets
Have a safe trip up

Also enjoy the Big Red Band

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I doubt very much that you will see a running back as good as who you played against last weekend. Limit your mistakes and turnovers, and go play Tiger football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

JHS Pride wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:12 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 am I don't feel that way at all jhs, I've seen that team the last decade or so get better and better. they play good sound fundamental football and don't shoot themselves in the foot. they are for real and any tiger fan that knows them knows that. we need a checkup from the neckup after blowing 2 huge leads against 2 long time rivals Gallia academy, and Portsmouth. we had huge leads in both. we are a very young team, under a very young coach. and are making young mistakes. but they'll be ready, and are learning every play, every series. my head says tigers. but I have seen Johnstown play several times, and they are very efficient and well disciplined. this one has the potential to be a dandy. and of course we'd love nothing more than to see our young fighting tigers pull off the upset. no way around us being the under dog here, cause we are. but strange things happen in this game of football.
I was not doubt the current Ironton team at all, they actually make me nervous because they are the underdog in this game and have a chip on their shoulders, very capable of pulling off the upset, I was just saying how in the past we wanted to build a program like Ironton, and others 15-10yrs ago, we looked up to programs like Ironton and now we our a program that others look at. We sucked, believe me I know first hand, but now we built a great program
for so many decades , everyone wanted to be like ironton. now it's the other way around, ironton is looking to rebuild the lore of it's past and mystique and tradition. this is a very young team that is making young mistakes. but I'm confident in this new coach and his staff that the fighting tigers are heading in the right direction. but things are looking up in tiger town. I'm very proud of the program Johnstown has built as well. you know pulling in the johnnies lot, you better buckle up tight cause it's gonna be a slobber knocker. do you all have a johnnies roster you can share to this topic. good luck to both teams for a hard fought, injury free game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 am I doubt very much that you will see a running back as good as who you played against last weekend. Limit your mistakes and turnovers, and go play Tiger football.
Your probably right
You never know

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

The Ironton Tiger faithful has a lot to be proud of this year...hoping for the upset up here in northern Tiger territory!

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Whoop em Irontigers!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

I for one pending a Purple Rider win would love to see Ironton kick some Johnie butt!!! We need to get the "Tiger" off our back!! Lol

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I still say johnies by 10 and that's only because ironton scores late when it doesn't matter. This is not an ovc school.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Go
Attachments
F8E4A7C9-3816-48AC-8D57-B1CD8F06E322.jpeg

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I would like to see the Tigers get a win but I would be more confident if they hadn't lost their last two games. Not the best way to enter the playoffs.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Hop the Tigers Win!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm with 79 tiger. after blowing big leads against Gallia academy and Portsmouth my confidence is waining some. but these were 2 fine football teams too. and the tigers are very young. if they can string together 4 quarters like they have played the 1st half of the last 2 games. they could very well upset the johnnies. tall task for the young fighting tigers. but limit mistakes and turnovers and penalties. and string together 4 solid quarters and this could be a fun ride back on the custom fighting tigers grey dawgs.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

Im taking Ironton in this one i think they pull the upset against Jtown.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pmGo
Bet the Johnies are glad that the Burg is in region 20 this year ! :o

Return to “Football”