Week 10 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Week 10 Picks: Against the Spread/Over-Unders (Athens County)

Post by moorelukas »

By Michael Roth

It’s the final week of the regular season, which also means this will be my final installment of hypothetical spreads for Athens county football games. As always these are for entertainment purposes only, but feel free to post you picks below.
Athens At Nelsonville York
Line: Athens -15
Total: 60
Athens has clinched a share of the TVC Ohio championship and are attempting to go 6-0 in conference play for the first time since the Joey Burrow days. I took a stance on NY last week, making them bigger favorites than the computer systems did and got burned because they took their first loss in over three seasons in conference play. Athens does have an athlete advantage in this game, and the Bulldog offense should continue to roll, scoring 39 or more points in five of their last six games. Fantastic 50 has Athens -12 and Cal preps has Athens -21 with a total of 63.
Meigs At Alexander
Line: Meigs -20
Total: 54
Alexander took a tough loss last week to a Warren team that had only one win entering the matchup. I don’t see things getting any better as Meigs has the ability to put up points against the non powerhouse TVC Ohio teams. Each team beat Vinton County by less than a touchdown, but Meigs beat Wellston by two while Alexander lost to Wellston by 42 points. Alexander has been a nice story this year but I think they fail to get to .500. Fantastic 50 has Meigs -11 and Cal Preps has Meigs -18 with a total of 52.
Wahama At Trimble:
Line: Trimble -49
Total: 56
Trimble has been dominant all regular season and shouldn’t have any trouble with Wahama this week. The Tomcats defense has been dominant all season, only allowing points in three of their nine games this season. Wahama is one of a worst teams in the Hocking and should pose no threat to Trimble’s quest for a ninth regular season victory. Fantastic 50 has Trimble -44 and Cal Preps has Trimble -62 with a total of 62.

Return to “Football”