TVC Ohio & Hocking Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: TVC Ohio & Hocking offensive and defense players of the year

Post by Happy McGavin »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:30 pm
OSU22 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm Just putting this out there. But every single team double covered Wilburn and keyed only on him...Athens Triple covered him every single time he split out before he got hurt. Other than tonight, for obvious reasons, he still got his yards/carries/catches/ and touchdowns. Best athlete in the conference hands down
Other than tonight? You forget about week 1? 17 carries 22 yards sound about right ?
It wasn't many for sure

Its all in the hips
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Week one has no baring on TVC-Ohio POY or DPY.
It's how you did against each league team and how you performed.
Can't go wrong with Keegan that is for sure. Great kid, great player.
Davis had some monster league games too though, pretty sure he averaged 3-4 TD's per game through the air and on the ground.
I don't foresee a tie though. You have to have a 3rd candidate to have a tie in a 7-team league. Unless VC votes for Sibner. Then maybe I guess.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am Week one has no baring on TVC-Ohio POY or DPY.
It's how you did against each league team and how you performed.
Can't go wrong with Keegan that is for sure. Great kid, great player.
Davis had some monster league games too though, pretty sure he averaged 3-4 TD's per game through the air and on the ground.
I don't foresee a tie though. You have to have a 3rd candidate to have a tie in a 7-team league. Unless VC votes for Sibner. Then maybe I guess.
Davis has a cannon man, so strong. What about the RB? #21 it seems he had a good year and he had half the points week 10.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:56 am
OSU22 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm Just putting this out there. But every single team double covered Wilburn and keyed only on him...Athens Triple covered him every single time he split out before he got hurt. Other than tonight, for obvious reasons, he still got his yards/carries/catches/ and touchdowns. Best athlete in the conference hands down
I saw that Athens had Maxfield covering him when he was at receiver. Would have been nice to see how that matchup panned out. Wilburn a great player and was sorry to see him go down so early in the game. Would have made for a heck of a TVC finale! True sportmanship at the end of the game with all the kids.
It wasn’t JUST Maxfield. They had him pressing him at the line. #8 overtop AND the safety cheating his way the whole first quarter, then he got hurt. Opened up NY to run away from him because 3 guys were worried about him.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Ohio & Hocking Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by Allthewayup11 »

I did see the corner dropped. Didn’t notice the safety over the top. Good point!

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

OSU22 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:33 am
I saw that Athens had Maxfield covering him when he was at receiver. Would have been nice to see how that matchup panned out. Wilburn a great player and was sorry to see him go down so early in the game. Would have made for a heck of a TVC finale! True sportmanship at the end of the game with all the kids.
It wasn’t JUST Maxfield. They had him pressing him at the line. #8 overtop AND the safety cheating his way the whole first quarter, then he got hurt. Opened up NY to run away from him because 3 guys were worried about him.
Absolutely wrong! We did not triple him. Safety played straight up on the whopping TWO times he lined up out wide. Two freaking times, but whatever narrative you want to create to make yourself sleep better. I know Keegan, he is a super kid and an amazing athlete and I hope that his injury is nothing serious, but let's stick to the truth when describing the game.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Absolutely wrong! We did not triple him. Safety played straight up on the whopping TWO times he lined up out wide. Two freaking times, but whatever narrative you want to create to make yourself sleep better. I know Keegan, he is a super kid and an amazing athlete and I hope that his injury is nothing serious, but let's stick to the truth when describing the game.
Yes let’s. When 3 people are guarding 1 person, that’s called a triple team. And it was only 2 times because of his injury, or it would’ve been the whole game

OHPrepFB
Waterboy

Re: TVC Ohio & Hocking Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by OHPrepFB »

Athens used Maxfield to jam Wilburn off the line and then release him to the corner. If you watch, Maxfield then played the flat. Can't see where that even remotely resembles double or triple teaming. Nelsonville kicked Athens' butt in 2017. Period. Athens kicked NY's butt in 2018. Period. Move on and quit teaching kids it's okay to make excuses.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

OSU22 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:17 pm
6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Yes let’s. When 3 people are guarding 1 person, that’s called a triple team. And it was only 2 times because of his injury, or it would’ve been the whole game
Watch the film. Athens did not triple team him. Maxfield jammed him before he could get into his route then played the flat like a rover does. It was then one on one with Heller the first time and then Trainer the second time. Safety Moore played it straight up both times. Don’t flat out lie.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

TVC Ohio coach of the year , Dean of Alexander. He has done more with less than other coaches have . Smallest roster .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Slothman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:42 am TVC Ohio coach of the year , Dean of Alexander. He has done more with less than other coaches have . Smallest roster .
If you give it to Dean, is it fair to give the Hocking C.O.Y to Duval?

I seriously thought Belpre would finish 3 or 4 wins.

Parisite
Waterboy

Post by Parisite »

Belpre senior Jesse Collins had over 1600 rushing yds and 20 tds. And it was his first year running the ball.

Reptilewoman
Waterboy

Post by Reptilewoman »

Belpre’s Jesse Collins has 1689 rushing yards and 20 touchdowns!

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

I honestly believe waterford has the best OL in the hocking... Trimbles is good but they dont pass block either.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am I honestly believe waterford has the best OL in the hocking... Trimbles is good but they dont pass block either.
If they have the best line in the hocking then how did Trimble hold Bellville to 18 yrds rushing and the Waterford team to under 50 as a team?

Its all in the hips
Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

Happy McGavin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm
bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am I honestly believe waterford has the best OL in the hocking... Trimbles is good but they dont pass block either.
If they have the best line in the hocking then how did Trimble hold Bellville to 18 yrds rushing and the Waterford team to under 50 as a team?
Of course Trimble line dominated both sides of scrimmage, waterfords line has played much better since a few personnel changes and more effort yet they have not played another line as talented as Trimble. I have a feeling they will against Lucas . Wildcat line be ready come out with intensity and fire

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

he had 22 and he only got 8 carries. not much of a chance to adjust. one bad game doesnt mean anything. but tell me whos is better.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Easy Number 10 Wright from Trimble no brained.17 or 1800 yards and 30 + TDs should be POY.

:roll: cats :roll:
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Wright is twice the back of anyone in the tvc hocking

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

bbtrucking.inc wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:54 pm
he had 22 and he only got 8 carries. not much of a chance to adjust. one bad game doesnt mean anything. but tell me whos is better.
Oh he had 22 instead 18 that changes everything

Return to “Football”