Update on New "PVC"

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Update on New "PVC"

Post by Lindy »

Here is what needs to happen, CHANGE THE LEAGUE NAME and GET NEW LEADERSHIP!

1. At last nights meeting Barnesville, Union Local, Newcomerstown, West Muskingum and Buckeye Trail were decided upon to send invites.

2. Shenandoah and most notably their football schedule is the root cause for all the movement of Frontier and possibly Monroe Central. People were fed up to put it nicely.

3. I dont see West Muskingum or Newcomerstown joining. Barnesville never has in the past, and I dont think Union local will come without Barnesville. That leads me to believe Buckeye Trail will not come. Therefore keeping the bad conference alive.

4. Change the name! Get new leaders!!

5. Did I mention, create a new league? That means abolish anything that has to do with the PVC.

6. Call it the American Eagle league, I dont care but people are over the PVC and their desire to not adapt over the years.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Update on New "PVC"

Post by EasternDspy »

Why would West M stay in a league they can’t compete in? Also what do you mean Shenandoahs football schedule has teams fed up?

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Ask Frontier about Shenandoah and the football schedule.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Can't imagine West M ever leaving where they are, especially now that there will be small team division. Why travel further to get continue to get beat? What is the deal with Barnesville? Why have they never joined in the past?

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm Why would West M stay in a league they can’t compete in? Also what do you mean Shenandoahs football schedule has teams fed up?
Curious too about this statement ????

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

What about River as a member ? Or invited as a consideration .

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River would be great but they left. I would think it would be way easier to schedule with a league then no league. River traveling to Creatview and Lucas is just silly.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Here is your solution

East Division
Monroe Central
Frontier
Beallsville
River
Bridgeport
Buckeye Local
Shadyside

West Division
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Union Local
Barnesville
Newcomerstown
Fort Frye

No games with the other Division

Division Games can run in weeks 1-9 (rivalry week becomes week 9)

Week 10 ( een years all week 10 games are at the East and odd years all week 10 games are at the West, so it would not hurt scheduling and you could keep 5 home games a year.
#1 West @ #1 East
#2 West @ #2 East
#3 West @ #3 East
#4 West @ #4 East
#5 West @ #5 East
#6 West @ # 6 East
#7 West @ # 7 East

Week 9 Games
Monroe Central and Beallsville
River and Shadyside
Buckeye Local and Bridgeport
Frontier will not have a rivalry game will have all conference games in by week 8 (St Marys could be here)
Barnesville and Union Local
Caldwell and Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown
Fort Frye will not have a rivalry game will have all conference games in by week 8 (see if Belpre could go here)

This would be awesome. Probably would never happen but I think this format works!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Lindy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 pm Ask Frontier about Shenandoah and the football schedule.
I don’t think Frontier is a member here, so why don’t you just explain what you mean?
Last edited by enigmaax on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier is gone. They are not interested in playing Fort and Shenandoah in football. They are scared.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Why not cross the river and possibly get Magnolia, Tyler or St Mary's ? Are they tied into a League that would prevent them ? Buckeye 8 schools can schedule out several games and still remain eligible.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

As a PVC fan, I will never ever understand why Trail left in the first place, and from what I gather, neither will the vast majority of their students, coaches, or community.

If these rumors are true, and if Barnesville AND Union Local are willing to join, Trail would be insane not to leave the IVC after next year (when their 3 year contract is up) and join the new PVC. Much easier travel, not only for football, but ALL OTHER sports, and would give Trail back their local/traditional rivals. I just can't imagine that anyone in Old Washington would prefer a trip to Malvern or East Canton over a trip to Caldwell, or Morristown.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Not sure I see UL leaving Buckeye 8.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

West Muskingum would have to pay a prorated penty to the MVl if they leave within the next 10 years I think. The new MVL put that in as a stipulation when they voted to expand so that what happened to the Seoal, doesn’t happen to them.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

wagner97 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:04 pm As a PVC fan, I will never ever understand why Trail left in the first place, and from what I gather, neither will the vast majority of their students, coaches, or community.

If these rumors are true, and if Barnesville AND Union Local are willing to join, Trail would be insane not to leave the IVC after next year (when their 3 year contract is up) and join the new PVC. Much easier travel, not only for football, but ALL OTHER sports, and would give Trail back their local/traditional rivals. I just can't imagine that anyone in Old Washington would prefer a trip to Malvern or East Canton over a trip to Caldwell, or Morristown.
No reason to leave PVC in the first place, can't give one good reason. Competitive league, long time rivals, decent travel..who in the world made that decision anyway? Crazy.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I realize things are bleak in Woodsfield, but I think it's interesting that, after winning decades of league titles, practically the second the football program takes a nosedive, the Seminoles bolt from the league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I get it Monroe was low on numbers with 25-20 players but it’s not like any team in the league had great numbers this year Fort was the biggest with 32 players. It is just an excuse if you ask me.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:52 pm West Muskingum would have to pay a prorated penty to the MVl if they leave within the next 10 years I think. The new MVL put that in as a stipulation when they voted to expand so that what happened to the Seoal, doesn’t happen to them.
Correct. Plus, in 2020 West M will be in a division with Crooksville, Morgan, Coshocton, Meadowbrook, and New Lexington. In a couple years West M should be back to at least 500 in football. The last few senior classes and next couple senior classes were hit hard by kids/athletes leaving the district due to the lame-brained decisions made by those in charge (supt./Board). The supt. and 3 relatively new Board members have things moving in a positive direction there academically and athletically. Both have been below normal West M standards the last few years.

West M will have no interest in the PVC.

sbam
Waterboy

Post by sbam »

I have some insight from a BTHS fan and his take is that the Warrior community is very unhappy. They have to hire extra bus drivers to get teams to away games because the regular drivers can't finish their after-school routes to leave on time. Kids getting home from games late on a school night. And absolutely no "rivalry" history or connection to teams like Sandy Valley or Malvern. He says the administrators that pushed the move to the IVC have bolted and now they are left with it.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

sbam wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:31 am I have some insight from a BTHS fan and his take is that the Warrior community is very unhappy. They have to hire extra bus drivers to get teams to away games because the regular drivers can't finish their after-school routes to leave on time. Kids getting home from games late on a school night. And absolutely no "rivalry" history or connection to teams like Sandy Valley or Malvern. He says the administrators that pushed the move to the IVC have bolted and now they are left with it.
Have heard exactly the same thing(s). Why on Earth would anyone want their junior high kid playing East Canton, or any other IVC team, on a week night, having them get home at 11:00. For many kids in the district, who get up at 6:30 or so to catch a bus in a very large (geographical) district, that turns into a heck of a long day. To say nothing of winter sports where weather comes into play. Trail played a very good East Canton team last night, and played tough, but I think the vast majority of the district would rather have finished up with Monroe Central (nothing against them, that's just who Trail always finished with in the PVC) or any other PVC team

Return to “Football”