The end of the TVC Hocking?

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

The end of the TVC Hocking?

Post by Trump2020 »

We have a few teams that are low on numbers 7-12. What will the brain trust do to the remaining teams if Fed and Southern have to fold due to lack of participation?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: The end of the TVC Hocking?

Post by fortdawg »

This will become more of a problem than most think.
There are a couple other programs that will see a drop in numbers in the next few years.
There aren't really any great options for the league when it comes to this issue.
8 man football isn't the answer.
The Hocking may have to live with programs being week to week on whether they play.
If you doubt this...see Fed Vs. Fort Frye and what happened with Millersport.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hope not. Hocking has one of the best league formats prob sending 3 teams to the playoffs.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Better get Fort Frye and Warren now

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Sad, indeed.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

I guess it's a good thing the powers that be in the league haven't listened to all the buttsuckers telling them to split the Hocking up now isn't it. With you people predicting two or three of the teams dropping football it would have been a mess if there were only six teams left. But with nine teams it's more manageable to drop to six or seven now isn't it? :mrgreen:

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The Hawking has always been doomed. Back in the days of the SVAC we had a solid league. Southern Eastern South Gallia and Hannah. That was a great league. then someone thought they could do better and look what we have now......

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Do us a favor and drop out you 3 teams hurts us anyway I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping RV and Athens and
add Trimble and Waterford do away with the hocking.May not win league title every year but if you go 6-4 probley going to play offs,remember those teams are D4,5,6 not 7

:roll: cats :roll:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just Add Fort Frye to the Hocking

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 am Do us a favor and drop out you 3 teams hurts us anyway I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping RV and Athens and
add Trimble and Waterford do away with the hocking.May not win league title every year but if you go 6-4 probley going to play offs,remember those teams are D4,5,6 not 7
Yeah.....you don't really want this. Heck, trimble claim to fame is any year they can beat Nelsonville but what d I es that really mean? NY couldn't even beat Vinton county this year. Trimble would finish in the middle or lower and wouldn't be a playoff contender. Plus they have no pass offense. The superior coaching in the bigger division would just make it worse for them.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:54 am
ttomcat 80 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 am Do us a favor and drop out you 3 teams hurts us anyway I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping RV and Athens and
Yeah.....you don't really want this. Heck, trimble claim to fame is any year they can beat Nelsonville but what d I es that really mean? NY couldn't even beat Vinton county this year. Trimble would finish in the middle or lower and wouldn't be a playoff contender. Plus they have no pass offense. The superior coaching in the bigger division would just make it worse for them.
Trimble would beat everyone in the Ohio this year except Athens. Trimble thumped Nelsonville who beat Meigs, Alex, and Welston. VC beat Nelsonville by 4. More times than not, Trimble would be competitive in the Ohio. The problem is Trimble being D7 wouldn't want to join a league where they're the smallest school and the next smallest school isn't even close to comparable in size

Its all in the hips
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

You must have been dropped on your head.Trimble use to compete against these teams years ago when their was no hocking and for the most part it was NY or Trimble at the top.Would we win league championships every year no but still safe to say we don't finish less then 7-3 every year.To me this is better then going independent like we were years ago to.Also that's a big laugh just because you coach in tvc Ohio makes you a better coach.Where do you think most of the coaches came from out of this valley Trimble.At one time think we had 5 or 6 coaching in the tvc let alone other high schools.

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

Trimble is on its way to being a basketball school. Wait and see.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 am Just Add Fort Frye to the Hocking
Have FF and Warren apply to the Ohio.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 am Just Add Fort Frye to the Hocking
Have FF and Warren apply to the Ohio.
FF wants no part of he Ohio. They will only consider coming in if it's in the Hocking. They won't even schedule the smallest school in the Ohio, but they're trying to schedule teams from the Hocking.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I personally don't see any of the school mentioned actually losing their football program. Numbers in the program always have their ups and downs. Even if schools can field 15-20 on the roster, they will play the games. Football games bring in revenue. Even if your numbers are down, chances are, the visiting team will travel with enough fans to make it worth the districts time.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:03 pm I personally don't see any of the school mentioned actually losing their football program. Numbers in the program always have their ups and downs. Even if schools can field 15-20 on the roster, they will play the games. Football games bring in revenue. Even if your numbers are down, chances are, the visiting team will travel with enough fans to make it worth the districts time.
Your right a lot of this is just talk.If a school does shut their program down its the end.Hard to convince the board to reopen the program after its shut down so they will do what ever it takes to keep going.Some schools this year only played half a year because of the numbers.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Neutral here.....but that is one of the dumbest observations I've read on here.....my goodness

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Top three team in the TVC for 2018 would be Athens, Trimble and Vinton Cty. Over the last ten years I would say Athens and NY would be the team you could say would beat Trimble every year. {Not meaning they would.}

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Personally.. I think Trimble would be fine in the Ohio. Winner of the NY/Trimble game would most likely face Athens for the winner of the league or if both teams beat Athens then the winner of NY/Trimble will decide the league. Trimble would be in the playoffs almost every year from points rather they win the league or not. I do not see Athens wanting to play a D7, specially one that could beat them, because they already struggle as it is to make the playoffs so adding a D7 definitely wouldn’t help.

Return to “Football”