Wheelersburg 28 Portsmouth West 7

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg 28 Portsmouth West 7

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Let’s get some thoughts on this one. If burg wins they win the soc title outright, if west wins they get a share of the title. It’s the annual halloween bowl at the rock. Burg is coming into this one off a 37-6 win over valley while west is coming in off a narrow 32-30 loss to west virginia powerhouse wheeling central.

Cal Preps:

Burg 31
West 7
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK 10: Wheelersburg (8-1) @ Portsmouth West (6-3) SOC 2 Championship

Post by Mad-Dogg »

time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

The cards are in favor of West keeping this one close. Wheelersburg had some trouble pulling away from Valley while West nearly beat a defending state champ in WCC, and the game is on the West side. It’s hard to pick against Burg but I don’t think it’ll be a blowout like last year.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I think the Cal Preps prediction above is about right

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

west needs this to make the playoffs, a lost could cost them the playoffs
west in a close one too much on the line for them now

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

phstrojans1111 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 pm west needs this to make the playoffs, a lost could cost them the playoffs
west in a close one too much on the line for them now
West pass defense will struggle.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Hylander wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:27 pm The cards are in favor of West keeping this one close. Wheelersburg had some trouble pulling away from Valley while West nearly beat a defending state champ in WCC, and the game is on the West side. It’s hard to pick against Burg but I don’t think it’ll be a blowout like last year.
True but they were down 21-0 early till the wheeling qb went down

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

How can west win the soc outright with a win? They've already lost a conference game, best they can do is get a share.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:22 pm How can west win the soc outright with a win? They've already lost a conference game, best they can do is get a share.
I realized that after I posted it. I think it would be a three way tie with waverly. I believe their only loss is to burg. So they will be rooting for west to pull the upset

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Gotcha dogg

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Even with a loss I think West is still in the playoffs. But could be playing at Burg in week 11. I think Burg wins this one no way that Burg plays bad 2 weeks in a row. Burg came out against Valley very flat that won't happen against West . Burg 38 West 7 unless it rains then it might be a little closer because IMO rain does slow down a passing attack

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm Even with a loss I think West is still in the playoffs. But could be playing at Burg in week 11. I think Burg wins this one no way that Burg plays bad 2 weeks in a row. Burg came out against Valley very flat that won't happen against West . Burg 38 West 7 unless it rains then it might be a little closer because IMO rain does slow down a passing attack
Burg rushes 5 ypc

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Rivalry game, think burg gets it done, but not easily. Hats off to west for playing a great schedule this year. Should they beat burg then they earned their share of the soc. Good game I think.

37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Can burg beat them twice? A pure run team can bully burg and give them the game they don’t want. Then you have to turn around and play them again. This should be a fight either way win lose and burg will know they are in a fight.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West has played a hard schedule. Awesome of them to play a hard team today. Burg big Friday and not sure how the region plays out next Friday. But burg would win again. Nothing against west. Burg is defending state champs and there program is top notch.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

37reps@225# wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 pm Can burg beat them twice? A pure run team can bully burg and give them the game they don’t want. Then you have to turn around and play them again. This should be a fight either way win lose and burg will know they are in a fight.
Burg can change personnel to stop a predominately run offense that can’t pass. Burg D will have trouble with an offense that can run and pass and has a mobile qb that makes good decisions.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Valley is much improved this year and the score was almost identical to last year (37-6 2018, 38-7 2017).... I expected Valley to play us tough again. As far as West vs. WCC goes, I was a little surprised West didn't pull it out...everyone knows Ohio football is a cut above KY and WV. I don't think West has much of a shot against Burg, especially only being able to run the ball...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I know one thing. We can’t look past west to our wk 11 game or they will send us right back up 52 with a big fat L the same way that portsmouth did in the early 90s when burg came into the game 9-0 and highly ranked in the state. The burg overlooked that 2 or 3 win trojan team and they beat burg ending their playoff chances. The only difference here is we already have the number one seed locked up

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm
Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm Even with a loss I think West is still in the playoffs. But could be playing at Burg in week 11. I think Burg wins this one no way that Burg plays bad 2 weeks in a row. Burg came out against Valley very flat that won't happen against West . Burg 38 West 7 unless it rains then it might be a little closer because IMO rain does slow down a passing attack
Burg rushes 5 ypc
I agree!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think West will give a very good effort in the first half, but then I would be really surprised if the Burg doesn't take control in the second half.

Return to “Football”