Wheelersburg 28 Portsmouth West 7

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Wheelersburg 28 Portsmouth West 7

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

jumpstart wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:12 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:23 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 pm

No it's basically the whole county. The build a Burg thing came from a different SOC school.
Challenge. Name two kids on burg team that starts that come from another county school?
we will talk about that in the next couple of years when the 2 8th graders from West and Valley come up. Free vacations buy alot for the Burg
Sounds like an unfounded accusation. Care to offer specifics?

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Its a shame that after a game like that by burg in the slop and rain we gotta talk about recruiting. I think west is a really good team. They had burg on their heals and should have gone in at half up 7-0. The decision to go for it on 4th and 4 at midfield was a bad decision and turned the game in burgs favor. I am one of those guys that hate that west ends up 8th and we gotta play again because I would have loved to have seen west be the 7 seed and go to Madison and kick their rear ends and represent our area and the soc. I think burg would be wise to keep their heads down and get ready for next Saturday because west coaching staff will have them ready to play. It’s darn tough to beat a good team twice in a season much less back to back

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West should be glad it rained Friday and pray for rain Saturday. Burg is wise and will keep their heads down.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Inmyopinion
Waterboy

Post by Inmyopinion »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:20 pm West should be glad it rained Friday and pray for rain Saturday. Burg is wise and will keep their heads down.
I hope Burg keeps their heads down if it rains. We all know they would drown!!!!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Very good point. Then west may have a chance.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Whole lotta people concerned with where other people’s children are attending school...

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

HATERS GONNA HATE! The old saying is that nobody likes a winner! If a kid wants to play for Burg or any other school why is it anyone's business? On last years Burg state team there were 2 players that transferred in after their freshman year and only one of them started. Before people like to hate on BURG get proof of what your saying before you say it!

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

Is burg 3 scores better? Be honest could game have been closer if take away big plays. Looks like west just couldn’t do anything on offense? Now you gotta make those same big plays again and shut down the power run again. Let me tell you right now it is hard to beat a team twice I have been on two better teams that should have won but couldn’t get it done. My guess is you all know this and won’t be taking lightly. But take it from someone that knows it is harder than it looks. I hope it’s a fight and we see what burg is made of. Get after it boys do not get the big head. Good luck to both teams!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Graydoose wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 pm Is burg 3 scores better? Be honest could game have been closer if take away big plays. Looks like west just couldn’t do anything on offense? Now you gotta make those same big plays again and shut down the power run again. Let me tell you right now it is hard to beat a team twice I have been on two better teams that should have won but couldn’t get it done. My guess is you all know this and won’t be taking lightly. But take it from someone that knows it is harder than it looks. I hope it’s a fight and we see what burg is made of. Get after it boys do not get the big head. Good luck to both teams!
No Burg is at least 4 scores better. Fans don’t take anything lightly.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West....pray for rain and that burgs turf turns into grass between now and Saturday.

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 pm
Graydoose wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 pm Is burg 3 scores better? Be honest could game have been closer if take away big plays. Looks like west just couldn’t do anything on offense? Now you gotta make those same big plays again and shut down the power run again. Let me tell you right now it is hard to beat a team twice I have been on two better teams that should have won but couldn’t get it done. My guess is you all know this and won’t be taking lightly. But take it from someone that knows it is harder than it looks. I hope it’s a fight and we see what burg is made of. Get after it boys do not get the big head. Good luck to both teams!
Ok..I haven’t seen west but I know their style and they are a threat and if they make a couple more plays and burg doesn’t maybe has to play from behind a couple scores early who knows what can happen when the game plan goes out the window and you find yourself in a fight. Not to criticize burg but that is the poison and all it takes for an upset. Burg has not been in a fight this year that’s when you learn what you have we all know this. It’s a shame that week 5 don’t ya think we all got ripped. If you really are 28 points better than you really shouldn’t have trouble. Tanner is a special kid Salyers is your MVP still think he’s the reason you’re champs. Again good luck to all!

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

To share some interesting logic. If you have never heard Teddy Atlas talking about Mike Tyson. I like to equate football or life to a fight. Google it we all like to think of Mike Tyson as one of the greatest ever but Teddy says his all time record 0-5. Young guys listen to Teddy get in his brain and try to let it sink in. It is kinda long like 15 mins. But it just might change you for the rest of your life.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

West had 3 first downs Friday. A threat? No,it's obvious you haven't seen west play. Stick to what you know, cause it ain't football. And when you talk about,logic, um, try to use some logic.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I predict West will have more first downs this Saturday, but only because it would be hard for burg to hold them to just 2. But you never know, build a burg. You raise em we recruit em

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 pm
If you compare the waverly scores the burgs around 9tds better
Burg played ironton twice in 14 and 15 and beat them worse in playoffs than they did in regular season.

Graydoose
Waterboy

Post by Graydoose »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:32 pm West had 3 first downs Friday. A threat? No,it's obvious you haven't seen west play. Stick to what you know, cause it ain't football. And when you talk about,logic, um, try to use some logic.
It’s ok buddy no need to get hostile I’m just being real because I have been there and done that and have the tee shirt. Not to mention i am the most decorated athlete in SEOPS so you might want to try and give me a little respect please.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Graydoose wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:49 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:32 pm West had 3 first downs Friday. A threat? No,it's obvious you haven't seen west play. Stick to what you know, cause it ain't football. And when you talk about,logic, um, try to use some logic.
It’s ok buddy no need to get hostile I’m just being real because I have been there and done that and have the tee shirt. Not to mention i am the most decorated athlete in SEOPS so you might want to try and give me a little respect please.
Do you have ornaments on your body?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Excuse me sir,didn't know I was amongst royalty. And I will try to give you a little respect, when you make sense. Don't care what you accomplished in the past.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Graydoose wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:49 pm
With being such a decorated athlete here in SEOPS land, you should know, respect is earned. So try again. West has less chance now to win this game. They aren’t that good and it is what it is.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

The conditions Friday were in the favor of west in my opinion. Game at home, weather slows our passing attack etc. We gave the ball away on our first 2 drives and still win by 3 td. We had big plays but were still getting our yds on the ground. I would expect this game to be similar to last year at home, 42-7 burg.

Return to “Football”