Portsmouth 35 Ironton 28

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 10 6-3 #5 IRONTON @ 6-3 #10 PORTSMOUTH.

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 am Portsmouth has to win. Looking at the 8 and 9 seed. Or 7 and 8 I can’t remember they play teams that are really good. So the cards may play out right. If west loses they have lost 3 in a row I think? Minford should beat valley. I hope otherwise for Portsmouth sake. But I wouldn’t let this get in there heads. I’d forget and pretend like it’s week 1 and focus on the game it’s a tall task but it can be done. Ironton fumbles a lot and has a lot of penalties. Like people are saying you have to go to another option if Parker is not running well. Can’t run the ball the 2nd half down 20 or more like the Gallia game. You get in Joel’s range and it’s 4th down you go for 3. Take any points you can get if available. South point stuffed Portsmouth twice on 4th down that first quarter. Exciting game. I’m looking forward to it.
drew pasteur is a better gauge.
Oh yeah. I never looked at that. Thank you I’ll check it out.
IMO Minford won't beat Valley so if Portsmouth wins they are in but will probably have to travel to Burg in week. #11. The game that hurt the Trojans is the loss to Coal Grove they should have won that game. I think West will end up the #7 seed CHCA will be the 6th seed so the 8th seed is wide open for whoever wants it. If both Minford and PHS loses Minford could end up in the 8th spot or West. Wow this is exciting Friday night's game between Ironton and PHS should be a great game with so much on the line for the Trojans. Ironton is in win or lose with a loss ironton will not host a first round game. It's supposed to rain Friday so that could determine the outcome of some of these game.lets hope the rain holds off especially since West doesn't have a turf field I think the advantage would go to west on a wet muddy field. But it's gonna be hard to run against Burgs D. So let's all hope for all the games to be injury free and GO BURG!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK10: Ironton (6-3) @ Portsmouth (6-3)

Post by Beergogglebluez »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 pm
The pirate indian wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:27 pm I'm conflicted with who I want to win this game. lol I usually like any team we previously beat to win, but would also like to have the opportunity to play Portsmouth week 11 at home, especially after they have eluded our regular season schedule. If both teams play their best football I pic Ironton by 2 TDs. If ironton continues to give away the ball and commit excessive penalties Portsmouth could very well come away with the W.
Just asking! Why don't they schedule each other? Right down the road from each other, big crowd! Or mayby I should have asked, when did they stop playing each other?
They played for years. That’s the million dollar question lol. Portsmouth has not been on burgs level and of they played it would be ugly. 2 or 3 years ago I think is was 35-0 or 42-0 at halftime. I could be wrong. Be a good game gate and concessions I would think.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Always look forward to this game no matter the records ,this is the first time in a while that this game has playoffs on the line in a long time for the TROJANS and even though we are the underdogs I think our coaches and kids will be fired up and come away with the win .

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ironton will win this one.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Was going to go see the Coldwater and Marion Local game but since Coldwater has lost it's last two games I think ML will make it three in a row. Will miss the chance at a huge 50/50 jackpot but I can get a great steak dinner at the Ribber and than see a good game that will be meaningful to both teams. I pick I R O N T O N by 10...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

very exciting the anticipation coming into this one. and as another poster said , 1st time really in many moons this one has playoff implications for both teams. ironton is in likely even with a loss. but nobody wants to head into the playoffs losing to 2 long time rivals in a row. ironton should have won the Gallia games, gave up a big lead, turnovers and penalties. and gahs had a fine senior laden team, so take nothing from them they wanted it more. and on the other side a loss by Portsmouth and they are out. but both teams have identical records, and are back to playing fairly solid football. if ironton can contain parker, limit turnovers and penalties I think they can pull this one out. I don't see Portsmouth as an underdog. I think they are pretty much dead even. and I think the score will reflect that. I see a very close game happening here. and Portsmouth at home is gonna be jacked. so we have to come out hitting on all cylinders from jump street and not let up. have to hang on to the ball, and not commit penalties, especially those that keep drives alive.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Going to be cold and rainy tomorrow night. Not sure who has the advantage both are running teams. Qb advantage is definitely Ironton but if it rains that should take him out. And the tigers give up a few fumblerooskies so that helps Portsmouth. Ironton win they play at home. Portsmouth wins they are possibly in. But have to win to even see if it’s a possibility.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:13 am very exciting the anticipation coming into this one. and as another poster said , 1st time really in many moons this one has playoff implications for both teams. ironton is in likely even with a loss. but nobody wants to head into the playoffs losing to 2 long time rivals in a row. ironton should have won the Gallia games, gave up a big lead, turnovers and penalties. and gahs had a fine senior laden team, so take nothing from them they wanted it more. and on the other side a loss by Portsmouth and they are out. but both teams have identical records, and are back to playing fairly solid football. if ironton can contain parker, limit turnovers and penalties I think they can pull this one out. I don't see Portsmouth as an underdog. I think they are pretty much dead even. and I think the score will reflect that. I see a very close game happening here. and Portsmouth at home is gonna be jacked. so we have to come out hitting on all cylinders from jump street and not let up. have to hang on to the ball, and not commit penalties, especially those that keep drives alive.
Good Post Bait!

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

:evil: Trojans by two scores 28-14. I got the Trojans at plus 7 1/2 so I definitely took it at home. I think you will be surprised at the play action pass Danny puts on this week and don't let Talyn get in open field or you're done. I also think the Trojans go to a 5 man front and make Salyers beat them. What week 10 is all about in hs football

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AIN'T IT THOUGH, VERY EXCITING.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Good Luck Tigers and hold on to the ball Friday.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Gotta go with Ironton also, Portsmouth will be out coached, but hoping for a Trojan win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

With the rain, Portsmouth May have a better shot. Ironton will pass. They don’t often but they are well schemed. If Portsmouth can dodge a few wide open play action passes that don’t work out because of rain, it may help Trojan chances.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Gone back and forth on this one. Something keeps saying to me that Portsmouth takes this one.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I will take the Fighting Tigers.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Pulling for the tigers in this one.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:48 am Going to be cold and rainy tomorrow night. Not sure who has the advantage both are running teams. Qb advantage is definitely Ironton but if it rains that should take him out. And the tigers give up a few fumblerooskies so that helps Portsmouth. Ironton win they play at home. Portsmouth wins they are possibly in. But have to win to even see if it’s a possibility.
After looking at it I think it comes down to Minford and Portsmouth for the last playoff spot. Portsmouth needs to take care of business and beat Ironton and hope Valley beats Minford but a Minford win over Valley will pretty much be the nail in the coffin for Portsmouth’s playoff hopes.
Last edited by bleed_blue on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: WEEK 10 6-3 #5 IRONTON @ 6-3 #10 PORTSMOUTH.

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 am

drew pasteur is a better gauge.
Oh yeah. I never looked at that. Thank you I’ll check it out.
IMO Minford won't beat Valley so if Portsmouth wins they are in but will probably have to travel to Burg in week. #11. The game that hurt the Trojans is the loss to Coal Grove they should have won that game. I think West will end up the #7 seed CHCA will be the 6th seed so the 8th seed is wide open for whoever wants it. If both Minford and PHS loses Minford could end up in the 8th spot or West. Wow this is exciting Friday night's game between Ironton and PHS should be a great game with so much on the line for the Trojans. Ironton is in win or lose with a loss ironton will not host a first round game. It's supposed to rain Friday so that could determine the outcome of some of these game.lets hope the rain holds off especially since West doesn't have a turf field I think the advantage would go to west on a wet muddy field. But it's gonna be hard to run against Burgs D. So let's all hope for all the games to be injury free and GO BURG!

I totally think you posted under the wrong game!

This game. Between the Portsmouth Trojans & Ironton Fighting Tigers will be awesome to listen to. It’s been an honor to listen all year and I would love for the tigers to play a consistent 4 quarters. If they can start achieving that and stay healthy, they are a pretty good team for first year coach and the adjustments he’s implemented! I’m so thankful he is the coach @ IHS!
I hope for an injury free game for both squads!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:13 am very exciting the anticipation coming into this one. and as another poster said , 1st time really in many moons this one has playoff implications for both teams. ironton is in likely even with a loss. but nobody wants to head into the playoffs losing to 2 long time rivals in a row. ironton should have won the Gallia games, gave up a big lead, turnovers and penalties. and gahs had a fine senior laden team, so take nothing from them they wanted it more. and on the other side a loss by Portsmouth and they are out. but both teams have identical records, and are back to playing fairly solid football. if ironton can contain parker, limit turnovers and penalties I think they can pull this one out. I don't see Portsmouth as an underdog. I think they are pretty much dead even. and I think the score will reflect that. I see a very close game happening here. and Portsmouth at home is gonna be jacked. so we have to come out hitting on all cylinders from jump street and not let up. have to hang on to the ball, and not commit penalties, especially those that keep drives alive.
Good Post Bait!
thanks man.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:58 am
Good Post Bait!
thanks man.
well said

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”