Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Huntington (5-3) @ Unioto (5-3)

Post by VetteMan »

I would give the edge to Unioto at home over Huntington, plus I think they play better defense.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto’s size up front should be the difference. Huntington will score, but I’m not sure if they’ll be able to stop Unioto’s run game.

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Unioto is banged up but should pull through by 7.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

I feel bad for the Piketons and Uniotos of the world. High expectations coming in only to be bitten by the injury bug or players quitting. Gullion has done a great job with Piketons program, but will probably be sent packing because of this year ( I disagree with that if it happens). Coach Metzler is not going anywhere as he has really gotten that program turned around. However, if the Shermans win they will pretty much be in the playoffs, but that will not bode well. After talking to my Unioto connections the Shermans are playing a LOT of JV players...not an ideal situation going into playoffs as a low seed!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

BullTank wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am I feel bad for the Piketons and Uniotos of the world. High expectations coming in only to be bitten by the injury bug or players quitting. Gullion has done a great job with Piketons program, but will probably be sent packing because of this year ( I disagree with that if it happens). Coach Metzler is not going anywhere as he has really gotten that program turned around. However, if the Shermans win they will pretty much be in the playoffs, but that will not bode well. After talking to my Unioto connections the Shermans are playing a LOT of JV players...not an ideal situation going into playoffs as a low seed!
Not that it will be easy for the Shermans if they get in, but at least they aren't in a region with the Cincy schools this year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tanks take it.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

BullTank wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am I feel bad for the Piketons and Uniotos of the world. High expectations coming in only to be bitten by the injury bug or players quitting. Gullion has done a great job with Piketons program, but will probably be sent packing because of this year ( I disagree with that if it happens). Coach Metzler is not going anywhere as he has really gotten that program turned around. However, if the Shermans win they will pretty much be in the playoffs, but that will not bode well. After talking to my Unioto connections the Shermans are playing a LOT of JV players...not an ideal situation going into playoffs as a low seed!
Tyler isn’t going anywhere.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

se-alum wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Not that it will be easy for the Shermans if they get in, but at least they aren't in a region with the Cincy schools this year.
Of course it won't be easy if they are able to make the Play-offs. But after losing there running back, and things looking dismal for awhile, if they can finish 7 - 3 and qualify for the Post Season, I think they would be pretty happy. Every year there are " Plenty " of teams that make the Play-offs that don't have much of a chance of winning there first game and advancing. Sometimes you just have to be happy knowing that you were 1 of 8 teams in your Region to even qualify.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think Unioto can win this game in the trenches and they'll beat Huntington by 1-2 scores

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Unioto wins this game and squeaks into the playoffs - region 15. As se-alum stated, be glad it’s not region 16.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:08 pm
Tyler isn’t going anywhere.
Tyler isn’t the problem for sure......

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:41 pm
Unioto wins this game and squeaks into the playoffs - region 15. As se-alum stated, be glad it’s not region 16.
If Unioto wins, they won’t be any lower than the 6, not exactly squeaking in, but the result will likely be the same as the previous 2 years, no matter the region. No team is our area will compete in 16, just look at how Waverly does when they go there, same as Unioto when it comes to being shutout the last 2 years.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Of course it won't be easy if they are able to make the Play-offs. But after losing there running back, and things looking dismal for awhile, if they can finish 7 - 3 and qualify for the Post Season, I think they would be pretty happy. Every year there are " Plenty " of teams that make the Play-offs that don't have much of a chance of winning there first game and advancing. Sometimes you just have to be happy knowing that you were 1 of 8 teams in your Region to even qualify.
Yep, the goal (I believe) was to get a home game and have a better chance at Week 12, but that has to have been adjusted and getting to Week 11 would be outstanding at this point. Getting an extra week of practice and experience for the younger players would be great for preparing for next year. I know a lot of those younger kids are getting a lot more reps already due to injuries, so another week with the first team would be a positive in my eyes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

What is the Status of Huntington as far as the Play-offs are concerned?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 pm What is the Status of Huntington as far as the Play-offs are concerned?
Have to win out and would be about a 70% chance to get in, so would need help there, but it isn’t out of the question. It would be an 8 seed and would likely have a rematch with Paint Valley, but I’m sure the Huntington faithful would take their first ever playoff berth in whatever situation.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:16 am
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 pm What is the Status of Huntington as far as the Play-offs are concerned?
Have to win out and would be about a 70% chance to get in, so would need help there, but it isn’t out of the question. It would be an 8 seed and would likely have a rematch with Paint Valley, but I’m sure the Huntington faithful would take their first ever playoff berth in whatever situation.
Thank you! The odds don't seem to be in there favor this year.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

I will take tell boys from west virginny in this one

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

hannancoach wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am I will take tell boys from west virginny in this one
I hope you don't think this Huntington team is from West Virginny.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:58 pm
hannancoach wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am I will take tell boys from west virginny in this one
I hope you don't think this Huntington team is from West Virginny.
Why wouldnt I? Its our capitol.

Return to “Football”