Unioto 34 Huntington 21

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Huntington (5-3) @ Unioto (5-3)

Post by Kicker. »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:16 am
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 pm What is the Status of Huntington as far as the Play-offs are concerned?
Have to win out and would be about a 70% chance to get in, so would need help there, but it isn’t out of the question. It would be an 8 seed and would likely have a rematch with Paint Valley, but I’m sure the Huntington faithful would take their first ever playoff berth in whatever situation.
so how many teams is the SVC looking at getting in the playoffs? It's been a good year for the conference as a whole

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:50 pm What is the Status of Huntington as far as the Play-offs are concerned?
Have to win out and would be about a 70% chance to get in, so would need help there, but it isn’t out of the question. It would be an 8 seed and would likely have a rematch with Paint Valley, but I’m sure the Huntington faithful would take their first ever playoff berth in whatever situation.
so how many teams is the SVC looking at getting in the playoffs? It's been a good year for the conference as a whole
3 is all but certain without those teams winning another game, but Unioto has to win at least 1 of their last 2. They had some more adversity get in their path this week, so it will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow night.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 pm
Kicker. wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm

3 is all but certain without those teams winning another game, but Unioto has to win at least 1 of their last 2. They had some more adversity get in their path this week, so it will be interesting to see how they perform tomorrow night.
Good for the SVC I hope they can do well in postseason play

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

The U by 14

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

se-alum wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:39 pm
BullTank wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am I feel bad for the Piketons and Uniotos of the world. High expectations coming in only to be bitten by the injury bug or players quitting. Gullion has done a great job with Piketons program, but will probably be sent packing because of this year ( I disagree with that if it happens). Coach Metzler is not going anywhere as he has really gotten that program turned around. However, if the Shermans win they will pretty much be in the playoffs, but that will not bode well. After talking to my Unioto connections the Shermans are playing a LOT of JV players...not an ideal situation going into playoffs as a low seed!
Not that it will be easy for the Shermans if they get in, but at least they aren't in a region with the Cincy schools this year.
The cincy schools are not and have never been a contender to win this region. St clairsville from region 15 has had lot more playoff success than any cincy school from 16. If you look at the history of region 16 very few teams have ever won the region and none from cincy. Massie will win it hands down prolly every year unless alter drops back to d4 or alder or fenwick have a good group that can beat massie. As for the tanks they have planned ahead. The schedule gets harder next year and will continue to improve as far as non conference games. That way if we win we can feel good about the post season, if we lose then we can focus on the svc and not have to worry about making playoffs. Based on my years following high school football and d4 across the state, for me to feel good about the tanks going into the playoffs we would need to win against waverly or Amanda or both and not just win the svc but win every game in a blowout fashion. If we can manage that then we can compete against playoff teams. It was nice to make it in the last two years and potentially this year, but the main plus for us is the extra week of practice.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm
BullTank wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am I feel bad for the Piketons and Uniotos of the world. High expectations coming in only to be bitten by the injury bug or players quitting. Gullion has done a great job with Piketons program, but will probably be sent packing because of this year ( I disagree with that if it happens). Coach Metzler is not going anywhere as he has really gotten that program turned around. However, if the Shermans win they will pretty much be in the playoffs, but that will not bode well. After talking to my Unioto connections the Shermans are playing a LOT of JV players...not an ideal situation going into playoffs as a low seed!
Not that it will be easy for the Shermans if they get in, but at least they aren't in a region with the Cincy schools this year.
The cincy schools are not and have never been a contender to win this region. St clairsville from region 15 has had lot more playoff success than any cincy school from 16. If you look at the history of region 16 very few teams have ever won the region and none from cincy. Massie will win it hands down prolly every year unless alter drops back to d4 or alder or fenwick have a good group that can beat massie. As for the tanks they have planned ahead. The schedule gets harder next year and will continue to improve as far as non conference games. That way if we win we can feel good about the post season, if we lose then we can focus on the svc and not have to worry about making playoffs. Based on my years following high school football and d4 across the state, for me to feel good about the tanks going into the playoffs we would need to win against waverly or Amanda or both and not just win the svc but win every game in a blowout fashion. If we can manage that then we can compete against playoff teams. It was nice to make it in the last two years and potentially this year, but the main plus for us is the extra week of practice.
Probably not just talking about the top team in region 16 vs 15, rather the top 10 or so in each. Region 16 is away more top heavy than 15.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Unioto 34 Huntington 21

Post by mattash »

Unioto 34 Huntington 21

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Shermans have over 500 yards of total offense in the win. The offensive line did a great job all night long. Elijah McCloskey is insane and if his receivers could’ve caught the ball more consistently, it may have been a much closer game.

Good win for the Shermans on Senior Night, especially for a kid like Chance Smith. He ended with 266 yards rushing and 3 TDs. The Shermans had 16 kids out with injuries/other tonight and lost another one as well.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm Shermans have over 500 yards of total offense in the win. The offensive line did a great job all night long. Elijah McCloskey is insane and if his receivers could’ve caught the ball more consistently, it may have been a much closer game.

Good win for the Shermans on Senior Night, especially for a kid like Chance Smith. He ended with 266 yards rushing and 3 TDs. The Shermans had 16 kids out with injuries/other tonight and lost another one as well.
That O line has been man ha flung people ALL season!! Wow!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:26 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm Shermans have over 500 yards of total offense in the win. The offensive line did a great job all night long. Elijah McCloskey is insane and if his receivers could’ve caught the ball more consistently, it may have been a much closer game.

Wow! man handling*

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wow! man handling*
Yes they have! It’s been really impressive and most of them are back next fall, which is even better for the Shermans as long as they get everyone back healthy. Congrats to the Streaks on their win tonight!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 am

Wow! man handling*
Yes they have! It’s been really impressive and most of them are back next fall, which is even better for the Shermans as long as they get everyone back healthy. Congrats to the Streaks on their win tonight!
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Thanks!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I haven't really looked at the numbers this year, but what's the chances of Unioto going D3 when the next division re-alignment is done? I know they were very close when I looked at numbers last year, and the class sizes keep getting bigger when you look at the elementary and Jr. High enrollment.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am

I haven't really looked at the numbers this year, but what's the chances of Unioto going D3 when the next division re-alignment is done? I know they were very close when I looked at numbers last year, and the class sizes keep getting bigger when you look at the elementary and Jr. High enrollment.
I would say there is a good chance we go to d3. It is due to our open enrollment. Our competitive balance number is very high for a public school. Sometimes our teams are made up of lots of open enroll kids other times not so much. It’s not a big deal to live in chilly and go to school at Unioto. Your not really driving from another town but it is what it is. Based on our roster size we are a above average d7 playoff team. But really d3 or d4 is no different for us until we build our team we don’t need to worry about playoffs.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am

I don’t think it will happen in the next re-alignment, but more likely the one after. Being 15 boys away this past year is a pretty good number, so I think that we’ll just miss it, but that will change in the next few years.

Return to “Football”