SEOAL demise: Good or bad for modern era former teams?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: SEOAL demise: Good or bad for modern era former teams?

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm I can't see Canal leaving the OCC. They are the fastest growing city in Ohio
I am always skeptical of anyone leaving the OCC. Which is why I never believed the league that nearly came together last year would happen.

However - Groveport and Canal were not happy with the next OCC realignment (which was designed to make the Pickerington schools happy). And I think they both realize the league is unlikely to do much for them in future realignments.

My sources say Groveport and Canal are both still very interested in a new SE Columbus league. But my sources have been wrong before so we'll see.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson stubbed their toe a couple of times this year with some young guys. The coach is too good to allow this next year. The Ironmen will be very dangerous in 2019. I wouldn't bet against them when playing Athens.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am Jackson stubbed their toe a couple of times this year with some young guys. The coach is too good to allow this next year. The Ironmen will be very dangerous in 2019. I wouldn't bet against them when playing Athens.
That sums up the young 2018 Ironmen. Anyone that has any knowledge of the game knows this. Jackson will be favored to win every game in 2019 rumor is more transfers are coming in to join in. The Catholics are going to envy Jackson’s recruits.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm I can't see Canal leaving the OCC. They are the fastest growing city in Ohio
I am always skeptical of anyone leaving the OCC. Which is why I never believed the league that nearly came together last year would happen.

However - Groveport and Canal were not happy with the next OCC realignment (which was designed to make the Pickerington schools happy). And I think they both realize the league is unlikely to do much for them in future realignments.

My sources say Groveport and Canal are both still very interested in a new SE Columbus league. But my sources have been wrong before so we'll see.
Be better for playoffs. They are a 9-1 OCC school that will miss the playoffs. But their AD is an idiot for dropping Athens

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

who did canal replace athens with?

AT THE RESERVATION
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:37 pm who did canal replace athens with?
The new Olentagy school who is 1-7. Athens vs Canal is the mother load of points. It’s over 5 point average from one game for both schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The new Olentagy school will be just like when Pick North was first starting. Give them a few years and they will be good. They have played some of the schools they lost to real tough.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Raider u can not b serious about athens rolling jackson this yr or next. Everytime i c u post anything im gonna skip it cause any body with a little knowledge does not think athens would roll jackson. Cmon man

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 pm The new Olentagy school will be just like when Pick North was first starting. Give them a few years and they will be good. They have played some of the schools they lost to real tough.
Yeah. Ironton beat North back in 2003 48-0. Now North is tough in all sports. But in 2003 Canal was the size of Belpre. That Canal and Pickerington area has exploded in population

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 am
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 pm Week 2 at Athens. Should be a good one
Athens will roll them next year, and honestly would this year as well.
Athens couldn’t roll wellston who literally runs 2 plays .

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:50 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:22 pm The new Olentagy school will be just like when Pick North was first starting. Give them a few years and they will be good. They have played some of the schools they lost to real tough.
Yeah. Ironton beat North back in 2003 48-0. Now North is tough in all sports. But in 2003 Canal was the size of Belpre. That Canal and Pickerington area has exploded in population
Yeah, Ironton beat Liberty for a few years too when they first opened up. Now Liberty is one of the most consistent programs in Central Ohio. Steve Hale - who left Marietta for Liberty - has been their only head football coach I believe.

Logan played Pick North from 2003 (year they opened) until 2010. Logan won 6 out of 9 games including wins in the last couple years when North had guys lke Zach Boren, Pat Efflein, Jake Butt, Godwin Igwubuke among others.

But I imagine both schools are happy to be off the others schedule. Logan couldn't compete and North needs more playoff points than Logan would give them.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

YEAH, thats what I was getting at. Greener pastures. You'll get more in the future from Berlin then playing Athens every year.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Columbus area school don't have any use playing Athens. The Bulldogs had 20 years of bad football then have 3 or 4 good years and they think they are bigtime football. Even Logan had a few good year where they could compete with Columbus and it doesn't last. In the very end neither one ended the playoff season with a win.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

They are still living on a team that graduated HS 3-4 yrs ago. :roll: :roll:

AT THE RESERVATION
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

37reps@225# wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 pm Athens was the toilet bowl champs of the SEOAL. they tapped out just like the rest of the Athenian society culture.
Good for Athens but left eveyone else hanging (true post above). :o

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”