Waterboy

Can Portsmouth Trojans sneak into playoffs

Post by Cincinnati37 »

:!: :!: :!: :!:

packers80
SE

Re: Can Portsmouth Trojans sneak into playoffs

Post by packers80 »

Gotta win out and get some help, obviously. Who can win to help,haven't looked at all the scenarios yet.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Cincinnati37
Waterboy

Post by Cincinnati37 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:04 pm Gotta win out and get some help, obviously. Who can win to help,haven't looked at all the scenarios yet.
Fairland, Chesapeake, and coal grove can help and even if Teams above such as West and Minford lose that can help
Portsmouth sneak in

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Last 2 weeks of the season could be interesting for a lot of teams.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

I looked through Region 20 and some key notes for Portsmouth to get in.

First off:

You want Portsmouth west to lose to Wheelersburg. Burg has already clinched a play-off spot so they're not going to help you.

Second:

You want Portsmouth west to lose to Wheeling Central Catholic (which they probably will)
You also want Minford to lose to Waverly and Valley- the nice thing about the idea that minford would lose to Valley is that not only would minford fall in the rankings but you would also get L2 points from Valley for beating them Week 1.
You also want West Jefferson to lose to West Liberty and Triad. which is possible.

Third:

You want Valley to beat Minford (which has already been stated as to why)
You want River Valley to beat South Gallia (if they can)
You want Fairland to beat Coal Grove (you lost to Coal Grove but could still get some points if Fairland beats them)
It doesn't really matter what peake does these last 2 weeks. their opponents are ones that Portsmouth has already beat. so you will get L2 points regardless.
You want Rock Hill to beat Coal Grove (more than likely not going to happen)

Fourth:

The most important. You must win out!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Can see Chesapeake and coal grove going 1 and 1 down the stretch an fairland winning out...maybe. Minford won't win again and I think west goes 1 and 1 with what they have left. Geesh, does that clarify anything? Glad they have people smart enough to figure this stuff out.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Wow. Blue lion, good work.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would be awesome if Portsmouth could sneak in and then win in week 11 and make it to week 12 and maybe Jackson could host and we’d get to see the outstanding talent in Parker get to do his thing.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Have to win out. Need Ironton to beat Gallia Academy. West and minford May lose rest of there games. The 7 seed or 6 has 2 tough games left. Need a lot of help but can sneak in.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm Would be awesome if Portsmouth could sneak in and then win in week 11 and make it to week 12 and maybe Jackson could host and we’d get to see the outstanding talent in Parker get to do his thing.
If Portsmouth makes it to week 11 I’m pretty sure it would be vs wheelersburg. I love Portsmouth more than anyone but pretty sure we don’t survive week 11 lol. They are state champs for a reason and light years ahead of most programs in the state.

Beergogglebluez
SE

BlueLion4Life wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:42 pm I looked through Region 20 and some key notes for Portsmouth to get in.

First off:

You want Portsmouth west to lose to Wheelersburg. Burg has already clinched a play-off spot so they're not going to help you.

Second:

You want Portsmouth west to lose to Wheeling Central Catholic (which they probably will)
You also want Minford to lose to Waverly and Valley- the nice thing about the idea that minford would lose to Valley is that not only would minford fall in the rankings but you would also get L2 points from Valley for beating them Week 1.
You also want West Jefferson to lose to West Liberty and Triad. which is possible.

Third:

You want Valley to beat Minford (which has already been stated as to why)
You want River Valley to beat South Gallia (if they can)
You want Fairland to beat Coal Grove (you lost to Coal Grove but could still get some points if Fairland beats them)
It doesn't really matter what peake does these last 2 weeks. their opponents are ones that Portsmouth has already beat. so you will get L2 points regardless.
You want Rock Hill to beat Coal Grove (more than likely not going to happen)

Fourth:

The most important. You must win out!
You have studied region 20 like I have lol. I’m doing geometry figuring a way in.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see the Trojans get in.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I'm not sure we can get around West even if they lose out

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

If the Trojans win out I think the points they would get from beating Ironton would put them in especially if Ironton beats Gallia but if all this happens the bad news is that PHS would have to travel to Burg or Possibly Madison and I don't think they survive week 11 but just getting in the post season would be a huge step in the right direction. And Burg has already clinched a home field game no matter what happens probably the #1 spot win or lose

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

If portsmouth wins out they're in with Ironton points the way I got it figured and if Ironton beats Gallia and West and Minford lose out we will be a 4 to 6 seed. First things first beat SP

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

if portsmouth goes 1-1 beat south point loss to ironton would need , all this
would need #7 west jefferson to lose both , they play two teams with winning records 6-2 West Liberty-Salem , 5-3 Triad
would need #10 Mariemont to lose both plays 8-0 Wyoming , 6-2 Deer Park
would need #11 Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy to lose 6-1 Miami Valley Christian Academy, comes down to points from teams that each beat
would need #12 Purcell Marian to lose to 5-3 Carrol this week or 3-5 Roger Bacon
would need #13 Waynesville to lose to 8-0 Madison final game

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So basically no. The stars would have to align in just the right spot to spring Ptown to the playoffs. I’m glad they are headed in the right direction. But they are just 1 win short of making the playoffs this year. Next year I look for them to be in without question.

Even with West losing out, they will still be the 7 seed. Minford losing out will drop them to the 8 spot.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:45 pm Can see Chesapeake and coal grove going 1 and 1 down the stretch an fairland winning out...maybe. Minford won't win again and I think west goes 1 and 1 with what they have left. Geesh, does that clarify anything? Glad they have people smart enough to figure this stuff out.
Minford and West will both lose out and finish 6-4. Minford has a shot against Valley but valley is playing some pretty good ball. The biggie for Trojans is that week 10 showdown against Ironton, have to handle that before even worrying about all of the other scenarios. Also Trojan fans should be rooting for ironton against Gallia so they can gain more points following week if they can upset ironton in week 10.

Beergogglebluez
SE

West has control own destiny next to them in Joe Eitel. It’s unofficial but usually when that happens the will get in somewhere. 3 or 4 teams in the region have that. Burg has clinched playoff spot next to there’s. Portsmouth has to win out. Week 10 is more than a game. It’s for everything. Next week should be hell week when it comes to practice.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 am West has control own destiny next to them in Joe Eitel. It’s unofficial but usually when that happens the will get in somewhere. 3 or 4 teams in the region have that. Burg has clinched playoff spot next to there’s. Portsmouth has to win out. Week 10 is more than a game. It’s for everything. Next week should be hell week when it comes to practice.
Control your own destiny means they have the ability to get by simply winning out. If they do win out they will be in ......if they don't then that will change.

Return to “Football”