Gallia Academy 36 Ironton 33

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: WK #9 GALLIPOLIS (7-1) @ IRONTON (6-2)

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils will not be “overwhelmed” with physical play.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Tigers by 1TD at least. I was severely let down and mislead by all the hype about GA after watching them Friday. They are improved and a good balanced team but not as impressive as I was expecting. They struggled tackling Mc'ginnis in the middle and several end runs went for good yardage. We were toe to toe the first half after 15 slips and falls in the mud pit of a field that may have went somewhere. Turnovers put the nail in our coffin. The tigers will exploit any weakness they see and will ultimately rain on Galia's parade.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Sounds like wishful thinking

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Ironton is just to much for the boys in blue. They are big fast and physical. Ironton has best coach in southern Ohio. They are simply the best team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be, could be a good game. Ironton has proven to be very good and headed back to where they want to be....Gallia has proven they are disciplined, well coached and ready for every game.

At Ironton so I’ll take Ironton 27-14

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If any advantage at all, I would say that it would be that the game is at Tank stadium. You can just about say this about any game, but I think the team that plays the cleanest and mistake free game, will walk away with the win. Should be a great game, and a very large crowd. Lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ema wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:57 pm Ironton is just to much for the boys in blue. They are big fast and physical. Ironton has best coach in southern Ohio. They are simply the best team.
Huh?

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Dream on, Ema

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Native Blood wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm Tigers by 1TD at least. I was severely let down and mislead by all the hype about GA after watching them Friday. They are improved and a good balanced team but not as impressive as I was expecting. They struggled tackling Mc'ginnis in the middle and several end runs went for good yardage. We were toe to toe the first half after 15 slips and falls in the mud pit of a field that may have went somewhere. Turnovers put the nail in our coffin. The tigers will exploit any weakness they see and will ultimately rain on Galia's parade.
However you see it is fine but rock hill is a better team than I guess you are giving them credit for. For instance, do you think in the rock hill-Ironton game Ironton out played you physically? I don’t think they did. rock hill rolled fine with Ironton, turnovers hurt you in that game also.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

If Ironton has their normal amount of fumbles 3-5 this game Gallia will win it. If Ironton can hold onto the ball it should be a very interesting game.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

honestly Portsmouth is a bigger threat to Ironton than Gallia. Portsmouth has that back who is a game changer. Ironton plays ball control and smart defense. They can game plan and stop Gallia, but Portsmouth thats pure talent Ive seen every game or listened, and Ironton has stopped some good qbs from having big games. They have faced just one running back similar and that was number 8 for Ashland. Number 8 gave them fits, but Ironton did contain him, I just worry because that Parker kid can put 21 up by himself.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

645945 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Native Blood wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:23 pm Tigers by 1TD at least. I was severely let down and mislead by all the hype about GA after watching them Friday. They are improved and a good balanced team but not as impressive as I was expecting. They struggled tackling Mc'ginnis in the middle and several end runs went for good yardage. We were toe to toe the first half after 15 slips and falls in the mud pit of a field that may have went somewhere. Turnovers put the nail in our coffin. The tigers will exploit any weakness they see and will ultimately rain on Galia's parade.
However you see it is fine but rock hill is a better team than I guess you are giving them credit for. For instance, do you think in the rock hill-Ironton game Ironton out played you physically? I don’t think they did. rock hill rolled fine with Ironton, turnovers hurt you in that game also.
Not taking anything away from Rock Hill they shot themselves in the foot in both games, However, Ironton exploited our pass defense and kept Mcginnis from any long runs. He was carrying Blue devils up and down the field. Ironton has a back just like him in Fosson and a legitimate passing game as well. The fact the game is at the Tank and Ironton desperately wants the ovc crown back I just do not see Gallia being able to hang with them for 4 quarters.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

My question is, will this thread top 15 pages by game time, and if so, will this website crash because if it?😉

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Take it from Jackson.....do not go into this game over confident. Gallipolis is a much improved team. Jackson went into the gallia game feeling overconfident and that it was going to be an easy game, and it almost bit them in the butt. Thankfully Jackson woke up as the game went on and came ahead. Just expect them to fight hard and don’t take them for granted.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

BillC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 am Take it from Jackson.....do not go into this game over confident. Gallipolis is a much improved team. Jackson went into the gallia game feeling overconfident and that it was going to be an easy game, and it almost bit them in the butt. Thankfully Jackson woke up as the game went on and came ahead. Just expect them to fight hard and don’t take them for granted.
Ironton goes into every game to play the best football they can all 4 quarters. They are confident. The attitude in these boys have changed over night. I hope Gallia realizes how much Ironton has improved. Every game they get better. Good Luck Tigers!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ema wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:57 pm Ironton is just to much for the boys in blue. They are big fast and physical. Ironton has best coach in southern Ohio. They are simply the best team.
Haha. You’re simply delusional.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:53 am My question is, will this thread top 15 pages by game time, and if so, will this website crash because if it?😉
Yes and no. The only way this site crashes is when you make a bet with a Valley fan and they lose. Take it from me. It happened 3 years ago.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Ironton is the best

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Ema wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:46 am Ironton is the best
GHS will have to earn it,IHS will not beat themselves. Pray both teams,are inj.free and fans act like grownups!!

G0 BuCKs
37reps@225#
Waterboy

Post by 37reps@225# »

Wow I guess GA should just roll over take the loss and head to the house according to the experts. I don’t think that is how it works.

Gallia wins this one. Why do they win? It’s really simple They Are Better!
Last edited by 37reps@225# on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”