Article: Lucas 40 Aiken 6

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Article: Lucas 40 Aiken 6

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Using the rosters from hudl

Yesterday I left Weirton, West Virginia and made the trip to Lucas high school, to catch the game between Cincinnati at Lucas Cubs. I really thought this was going to be a good game, but after the first drive, I knew this was going to be an extremely one-side affair. The home team would use a potent running attack to make this a a running clock game for most of the second half.
On the Cubs first drive they needed just seven plays to go sixty seven yards for the game’s first score. On the drive the Falcons received a large dose of the beats names Jeb Grover. Grover would finish off the drive , with a two yard touchdown, that was set up by a nice long powerful run by himself. The Cubs offensive line dominated right off of the bat in this one and never allowed the defensive line, of Aiken a second to breath. Logan Niswander was unable to come through on the point after kick, so this one stayed a 6-0 game, with 9:14 left in the quarter.

With 8:00 left in the quarter the Falcons opted to go for it on fourth and eleven and the result was a short loss, when quarterback Stavon Porter was stopped by JP Trumpower. The Cubs defense was able to contain the quicker Falcons easily on this drive and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the night, but A flag on Lucas gave the Falcons another chance on fourth and six. This time Porter floated a pass to Nick White, who hauled it in and picked up the first down, with 7:22 showing on the clock. The Falcons offense could soar no more on this drive, as the Cubs defense dug their claws deep into the ground.
Grover would net twenty eight yards on the next Cubs drive, with two nice runs to get things moving once again. A fumble would stop the drive, when Kory Wallace came up with the ball for the Falcons,with 4:18 left.
Porter was sacked by Kaiden Thomas to bring up a fourth and forty for the Falcons, with 2:27 left in the quarter.
After a very short punt the Cubs needed only two plays to go the thirty five yards needed for their next score. Grover hid behind his offensive line to help in his twenty one yard pick up and then with twenty three seconds left in the quarter, Thomas scored from nine yards out to make this a 12-0 game.

Just thirty seven seconds into the second quarter, Aiken would go for it on fourth and twelve on their own twenty four. Porter threw a wild pass that was caught by the ground, forcing a turnover on downs and giving the Cubs offense, a very short field to work with.
Grover, on the drives third play would power his way in for another Lucas score after Niswander converted the two point conversion, we had a 20-0 game, with 10:31 left in the half.
Lucas would quickly get the ball back and begin a ten play, sixty four yard drive, that was capped off by a four yard Grover run. Another two point conversion was successful by Niswander to make this a 28-0 game, with 3:03 left in the half.
The Falcons would get a long bomb to Brylan Jones to set up their only score of the game. The score came on an Porter five yard run, to make this a 28-6 game, with forty eight seconds left in the half.
The Cubs would strike before the half ended,when Ethan Sauder hauled in a thirty yard pass for the score, to make this a 34-6 game.
The Lucas defense would get a sack on Porter, when Rylan Wallas got to the Falcons quarterback, for a six yard loss just twenty seconds going into the second half. Porter connected with Jones again, this time for a twenty seven yard gain. The drive ended on the fifth play of the drive, when Porter fumbled a bad snap, the third fumble in just five plays of the third quarter, for the Falcons. Making the recovery for the Cubs was by Wallace.
The Cubs would take seven plays to go seventy three yards for their next score Scoring was Jordan Ammons on a eight yard catch, with 5:56 left in the quarter, making this a 40-6 game.
Before the quarter ended the Cubs defense would get a pick and a sack Making the pick was Carson Hauger and the sack was recorded by Thomas.
The fourth quarter went by quickly with the running clock, giving neither chance to do much at all.
One thing I found odd in this one, was each time a two point conversion was tried, three seconds ran off of the game clock.
I have never witnessed this before.
Very unofficial stats
Aiken
48 Plays
154 Yards
Passing
4-12
Lucas
50 Plays
366 Yards
Passing 3-5 2 TD’S

Pics

DAVID BURNWORTH
@OHIO1981

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... lLakRzVlV3

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLewisBurn ... loaded=165

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Article: Lucas 40 Aiken 6

Post by greygoose »

So you're only down 12-0 and you decide to go for it on 4th and 12 from your own 24 early in the 2nd?? That's a coach who could see what the outcome was going to be. man oh man

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Wow! Lucas - Div. 7, Aiken - Div. 4

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

This was complete domination.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Looking like Lucas is the team to beat in region 27. They haven't allowed a point to D7 schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have watched Lucas and Trimble and my money would be on Trimble, but I like Harvest Prep in this region.

Return to “Football”