Gallia Academy 36 Ironton 33

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK #9 GALLIPOLIS (7-1) @ IRONTON (6-2)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think Gallia wins this game by a couple scores.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Not so fast my friend. 😂
Idk what everyone else thinks. But this Ironton defense is stout. If they can contain GA, this will be a dog fight til the end. Now, Ironton is easy to defend. Load the box. If Ironton can break a few like they did in the preview, they win this game. I’m taking Ironton by 2.

Also, if Ironton does win this game, they establish a firm hold on the #2 spot in 19. They could very well give JM the game they didn’t want. Ironton is well coached. They will be ready for anything. Good luck Tigers and here’s to a packed house week 14 in Athens cheers 🍻

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

This game is hard to predict. Ironton has had turnover and penalty problems. Gallia is very good and have 4 good runners. The new attitude Ironton has is beyond amazing. Remember this is a kid in his 20s coaching. He’s hard, strict and very smart about football. If they play a error free game they will win. But right now I have to take gallia by a score. What Ironton has done is awesome. Next year that team will be dangerous. They are now. They are all but locked in a playoff spot. Now just playing for seeding.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 am Gallia academy is also a lot smaller let’s not act like the blue devils enrollment has not shrunken a ton
I was not trying in anyway to say gahs has not shrunk enrollment wise. everybody has down here. but the fact remains they have the largest enrollment in the ovc, and ironton has the 2nd smallest. nothing more or less was meant by the comment. it was just a comment, not a dig in anyway.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 pm
svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:45 am Gallia academy is also a lot smaller let’s not act like the blue devils enrollment has not shrunken a ton
I was not trying in anyway to say gahs has not shrunk enrollment wise. everybody has down here. but the fact remains they have the largest enrollment in the ovc, and ironton has the 2nd smallest. nothing more or less was meant by the comment. it was just a comment, not a dig in anyway.
Ok i can accept that but at less then 10 kids a class bigger then fairland is not like we are big D4 school. I guess i just get tired of this year hearing our success is because we are so much bigger in rest of league. during the first 2 years of being doormats i heard we were a good fit. that is all.Our sports programs begin to turnaround and every week it is how big we are:

I love the return of the game with ironton. look forward to it.where it is been so long since this game has meant anything for blue devils hope the current kids. Think ironton is just another OVC school. Not a place where blue devils go to implode... LOL

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Gallia 35 Tigers 6

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Ironton35-Gallia7

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I may be wrong but it seems as if neither team usually gets off to a quick start. I think after trading jab for jab in the first half, the team that makes the best adjustments at halftime, will probably win the game. Should be a great game, and no doubt a very large crowd. I hope each team has an injury free game.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton might lose Gallia is a solid team, but 34 points to a team. Irontons defense is top 5 this area. Burg had 28 but 7 was a pick 6 and the other was a 4th down try that gave Burg the ball with a few yards to go. Ashland is putting 50 on people, they got 14, Coal Grove is avg 30 they got 12. Irontons problem is penalities and dry offensive drives at times. That being said they have a great coach who makes the right adjustments and has a young team playing hungry. They hit people in the mouth, tackle, cover, and just don't give up. Proud Tiger fan. I think Gallia will be overwhelmed with our physical play. Ironton 14 Gallia 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 pm
Ok i can accept that but at less then 10 kids a class bigger then fairland is not like we are big D4 school. I guess i just get tired of this year hearing our success is because we are so much bigger in rest of league. during the first 2 years of being doormats i heard we were a good fit. that is all.Our sports programs begin to turnaround and every week it is how big we are:

I love the return of the game with ironton. look forward to it.where it is been so long since this game has meant anything for blue devils hope the current kids. Think ironton is just another OVC school. Not a place where blue devils go to implode... LOL
no I'm fine with the size difference. it is a great fit. just explaining some details. heck you wanna talk size difference, all those years with ironton in the seoal. the blue devil success has to do with how they are playing and being coached right now. and it's great for the league. I too always loved the blue devil/tiger rivalry, as well as keeping the game with Portsmouth alive now in league play. just like the blue devils the fighting tigers are being coached better, and are buying in and changing the way they play and better effort. great point by whoever said we need to clean up penalties. but that will happen. they are both fine ovc schools. no argument from me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wow, this is a game that I'm finding really hard to predict. Just looking from the outside in with these 2 defenses I could easily see a game like the Jackson and Gallia game few weeks back. Being that I think it's a toss up I think I'm going to go with the home team in this one and I'll give Ironton a 20-14 edge, to stake a claim to the OVC title and lock up a home game come week 11. Good Luck to both teams as I think this will be a good throw back game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2 big games left with the blue devils and Portsmouth. i'll take the tigers in a close one if they hold on to the ball. and limit penalties.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Go Devils Go! :!: :!: :!:

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

If Ironton plays solid defense
Limits penalties
And controls and holds on to the ball they can win.
This is a hard hitting confident team.
If they do not play under control allow emotions to cause penalties and turn the ball over or lose yards on penalties Gallia will beat them.
The key to Ironton winning will be play smart.
And hard.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Ironton 248 137 points. They average 31 and give up 17 a game. Ironton is physical
Gallia 329 151 points. They average 41 and give up 18 a game. Gallia is not physical

Power vs finesse, at the tank, handled Gallia at the preview and Ironton hits so hard you feel it in your bones. It's a no brainer

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ema wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:40 pm Ironton 248 137 points. They average 31 and give up 17 a game. Ironton is physical
Gallia 329 151 points. They average 41 and give up 18 a game. Gallia is not physical

Power vs finesse, at the tank, handled Gallia at the preview and Ironton hits so hard you feel it in your bones. It's a no brainer
I think if you go ask the blue devil opponents you will not here them say finesse at all. Gallia is very much a power football team very physical. And no offense but we are happy that you are happy that you handled us at the preview. On offense Gallia played 5 starters a quarter. QB 3 receivers and center. On defense blue devils played 7 starters for 3 snaps. The rest of quarter had 4 starters or less on field. So I sincerely hoped you handled are I’ve and freshman.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

:roll: I'm not buying this stuff that Gallipolis is gonna win by 3 or 4 td's and if this "4 headed monster" in the backfield that Gallipolis supposedly has that i've read about on here all year long in different posts raises it's ugly head and mauls the Tigers @ home, then i'll believe it. Until then, I'm sticking with my original post above: Ironton 28 - Gallipolis 21

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ironton wins.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia academy will be the team in the best physical shape come Friday night. There is no doubt about that. There practice ms last ok like a aerobics exercise for 90 minutes. Ironton is going to have to keep the blue devil offense off the field if the blue devils get there average 70 plus offensive snaps a game they will exhaust the tigers and pull away late.

Even though they haven’t had to do it often the blue devils believe they have 4 snaps to get 10 yards no matter where they are on field and aren’t afraid to go for it even inside there own 30.

The blue devil offense averages about 3 snaps a minute on offense and that is even when they don’t have it going full steam. That is a lot of snaps for a defense to play.

On defense the blue devils are nothing fancy. They want to line it up. Fill the gaps and hit a guy and gang tackle. The blue devils meet a lot of ball carriers right in the hole. It will be fun come Friday night.

My guess is leaving me most teams. After a couple of series the blue devils will get the fighting tigers out of there offensive game plan. The blue devils do this with there offense not there defense. When you realize that every time you punt to the blue devils you probably are good no to have to go play at least 10 plays on defense your offense begins to press and get out of character and that plays in to blue devil plans. I say ironton with a slim lead at half. Devils take lead late third early fourth and don’t look back

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Go Blue Devils

Return to “Football”