All Conference

massillon scores 101

Post by blackshooky »

beat sun valley pa 101 -6

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: massillon scores 101

Post by 79Tiger »

Let us know when Massilon wins a state championship on the field. Poll championships don't matter anymore.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Under the new breakdowns they've been DII so a championship may come shortly. Never had much luck for sure in large school playoffs. A lot of paper titles many years ago.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

How does anyone score that much with a running clock in the 2nd half?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 am How does anyone score that much with a running clock in the 2nd half?
Score was 91-0 at the half. :oops: :oops: :oops:

VCPops
Freshman Team

Post by VCPops »

rickoshay wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 am How does anyone score that much with a running clock in the 2nd half?
Score was 91-0 at the half. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Should have had JVs or Freshman team in game before it got to that score.If they had 91 in the 1st half they must have kicked a FG in the 2nd half to get to 101.Who does that beside them? Just wait till they play my Alma Mater Canton McKinley in two weeks and see if they can do that. Why do you even schedule a team like that if you are supposed to be a storied powerhouse program in the country? Go get em Bulldogs in two weeks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Here is a quarter by quarter breakdown of the 101-6 Massillon win:

• First Quarter: 17 points for Massillon, 0 for Sun Valley
• Second Quarter: 56 points for Massillon, 6 for Sun Valley
• Third Quarter: 21 points for Massillon, 0 for Sun Valley
• Fourth Quarter: 7 points for Massillon and 0 for Sun Valley

Just 73 in the 1st half

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:47 pm Under the new breakdowns they've been DII so a championship may come shortly. Never had much luck for sure in large school playoffs. A lot of paper titles many years ago.
They will have a hard time winning a title in Dll as long as Archbishop Hoban stays in Dll

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Poor sportsmanship on their part if you ask me. Running up the score like that proves nothing. I hope Canton McKinley knocks them on their behinds. Would serve them right. I played at AU with a McKinley Alum. Heck of a linebacker.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

We don’t know the situation unless we were there. What about the franklin furnace green game when they scored 86. They put the jv and lower in. The other team would come out throw 3 times and go for it on 4th down. The coach asked for the quarters to be shortened and the opposing coach said no. What are you suppose to do? I hate it too but if you have done everything you can and sub kids who never play it’s not there fault.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Repulsive.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

IMO, once the first string is out, all bets are off. I’m not putting 2nd and 3rd string out there just to kneel it 3 times and punt. That is valuable playing time that most of those kids probably don’t get all that often. They’ve put in the work at practice, now go let them play for real. But like I said, that’s just how I view things. I’m also of the mindset that if you don’t want somebody scoring on you, then stop them.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

From what I read, Massillon had the ball for less about 5 minutes in the first half. They had a punt return, kickoff return, couple of INT returns for TDs. Their starting RB had 7 carries in the game.

If you want to say that they should just kneel every single time they touch the ball so that they don’t score - offense, defense, special teams -, why not just say stop the game completely?

It is high school, I’m not a big fan of “if you don’t want scored on, just stop them,” but on the other hand, if you are going to keep playing, you have to expect there to be plays, not just bodies running around trying to avoid scoring again.

Return to “Football”