The Future of the PVC

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: The Future of the PVC

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm Was told when Waterford left they said they would never comeback.
They may not have invisioned conference trips to south gallia and Wahama back then. The TVC that Waterford left for was,

Ohio

Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
NY
VC
Wellston

Hocking

Eastern
Fed Hock
Miller
Southern
Trimble
Waterford

apowers1
Freshman Team

Post by apowers1 »

Any possibility of Meadowbrook leaving? Haven't been hearing promising things from the ECOL. Possibility of zanesville wanting to join the league Newark is in or the MVL.
caldwell
doah
trail
cambridge
fort
barnesville
meadowbrook
newcomerstown
ul?( not sure if they would want to leave the buckeye 8, but it would make for a lot better competition.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:16 pm Was told when Waterford left they said they would never comeback.
They may not have invisioned conference trips to south gallia and Wahama back then. The TVC that Waterford left for was,

Ohio

Alexander
Belpre
Meigs
NY
VC
Wellston

Hocking

Eastern
Fed Hock
Miller
Southern
Trimble
Waterford
I just doubt it will ever happen. Waterford is a perfect fit where they are and only a catastrophic event like splitting the Hocking Division up or consolidation would change things enough to create a better option.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

apowers1 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm Any possibility of Meadowbrook leaving? Haven't been hearing promising things from the ECOL. Possibility of zanesville wanting to join the league Newark is in or the MVL.
caldwell
doah
trail
cambridge
fort
barnesville
meadowbrook
newcomerstown
ul?( not sure if they would want to leave the buckeye 8, but it would make for a lot better competition.
Meadowbrook, Coshocton, & River View were just accepted by the MVL (which will split into 2 divisions).

Cambridge and Zanesville wanted in and Zanesville rep basically threw a public fit over the non-interest.

TGIF
Waterboy

Post by TGIF »

Enrollment numbers are fairly close with the exception of Beallsville.

CALDWELL
SHENANDOAH
BARNSVILLE
BELLAIRE
BRIDGEPORT
SHADYSIDE
BEALLSVILLE
MC
RIVER

Stills leaves a couple open weeks for rivalry games: Magnolia/River, Ferry/Bellaire ETC.
The travel isn't bad as the longer distances will be mostly interstate. Shadyside/Bellaire/ Bridgeport/Bellaire to Caldwell/Shen. 60-65 miles.
Bellaire may not want out of the Buckeye 8?? Beallsville may choose to continue to play smaller schools too?? Some schools may want to stay independent other than OVAC??
Just putting an idea out there.
Last edited by TGIF on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Lindy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm Mark Cook of Barnesville and Aaron Bates of Buckeye Trail need to strike while the iron is hot and work on this league. Get Leffingwell involved at Shenandoah and make this happen.

I 70 and I 77 Interchange League

Buckeye Trail
Union Local
Barnesville
Newcomerstown
Caldwell
Fort Frye
Shenandoah
Monroe Central

You play 7 conference games and three out of conference.

Week 10 games
Shenandoah and Caldwell
Barnesville and Union Local
Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown
Monroe Central and Fort Frye
This makes a lot of sense - excellent thought

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm New league being discussed

Monroe
Beallsville
Frontier
Bridgeport
River
Add Hundred, Paden City, Valley and you have a top notch league

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

TGIF wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am It's just a quick brainstorm, its not perfect but throwing it out there.

CALDWELL
SHENANDOAH
BARNSVILLE
BELLAIRE
BRIDGEPORT
SHADYSIDE
BEALLSVILLE
MC
RIVER

Stills leaves a couple open weeks for rivalry games: Magnolia/River, Ferry/Bellaire ETC.
The travel isn't bad as the longer distances will be mostly interstate. Shadyside/Bellaire/ Bridgeport/Bellaire to Caldwell/Shen. 60-65 miles.
Bellaire may not want out of the Buckeye 8. Beallsville may choose to continue to play smaller schools too?? Some schools may want to stay independent other than OVAC.

So you’re saying just dump Fort Frye out of the league?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mondayamqb wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm New league being discussed

Monroe
Beallsville
Frontier
Bridgeport
River
Add Hundred, Paden City, Valley and you have a top notch league

Haha Paden City really was mentioned.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

I have no doubt on that - pretty easy to see what's happening there.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am
TGIF wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am It's just a quick brainstorm, its not perfect but throwing it out there.

CALDWELL
SHENANDOAH
BARNSVILLE
BELLAIRE
BRIDGEPORT
SHADYSIDE
BEALLSVILLE
MC
RIVER

Bellaire may not want out of the Buckeye 8. Beallsville may choose to continue to play smaller schools too?? Some schools may want to stay independent other than OVAC.

So you’re saying just dump Fort Frye out of the league?

With FF in there as well - makes sense as well

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Could also see FF, Caldwell and Shenandoah take a peak at TVC - up to 19 members with 3, instead of 2 divisions

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would love to see Fort Frye in the TVC. It was supposed to happen in the early '70s, but never did. I never found out why. When I read old articles from the Messenger on microfilm while researching NY football history, there were several articles that talked about Fort Frye joining not long after NY joined. Fort Frye even played a TVC schedule in baseball one year according to one article I read. Not sure why they played in only sport for one year? That was odd to me. I never could figure out the big picture as to what happened that Fort Frye did not join.

The thing is............the Hocking Division really doesn't need any more schools, unless everyone only wants to play one nonleague game in football.

The Ohio Division could use one more team. Would Fort Frye want to play in the Ohio Division? Or is NY alone in wanting to be the giant slayers?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

If Fort Frye and the TVC got things worked out which division would they belong in? Not much room in the Hocking but I am betting they would want to keep playing waterford.

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Don’t see this league lasting much longer. It’s been pretty pathetic.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

RespectAllFearNone wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 pm Don’t see this league lasting much longer. It’s been pretty pathetic.
The pathetic 5 team league sends 2 teams to the playoffs almost every year.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Twogirls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.
The people I talked to say the direct opposite. Why go to Canton on a Tuesday for Volleyball when you can go to Shenandoah or Caldwell. Like you said they hate the crossover games.

Schedule of
Fort
Shenandoah
Caldwell
Monroe Central
Barnesville

Would be way more ideal in football

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Can't see Monroe Central ever joining the IVC. Their A.D. would never do it and the once proud program can't dress 20 kids anymore.
Everyone's playing Fortnite. The PVC was once a proud little conference, but those days are gone sadly.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am
Twogirls wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am I cant say for certain but I would be very surprised if we get Buckeye Trail back. The people I talk to there in the know love the IVC, they feel last year it was a very small minority of people who made a lot of noise. The dislike for the IVC wasnt as bad as it seemed. Now the IVC is making even more changes with switching Newcomerstown and Sandy Valley and possibly adding Conotton Valley. They will look to keep Barnesville, Caldwell and hopefully add a Monroe Central or Fort Frye and call it a day. Ask me this same questions last year I would have said Trail would bolt, but now after some of those people have left and quieted down I think Trail will stay. Trail fans do hate the crossover games in the IVC.
The people I talked to say the direct opposite. Why go to Canton on a Tuesday for Volleyball when you can go to Shenandoah or Caldwell. Like you said they hate the crossover games.

Schedule of
Fort
Shenandoah
Caldwell
Monroe Central
Barnesville

Would be way more ideal in football
Yes, crossovers are brutal but the travel is worse! Yes, they will be able to compete in their division in football but how about all the other sports in IVC? Still blows my mind they left PVC in the first place. Can't understand why this wouldn't be a perfect fit for all..6 for sure and find 2 more if you want divisions:

Fort Frye
Monroe Central
Barnesville
Shenandoah
Buckeye Trail
Caldwell

Return to “Football”