Athens in the TVC: The Numbers

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Athens in the TVC: The Numbers

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm Don’t even argue with Raider , he’s a clown. He doesn’t represent Bulldog nation. Here’s an idea, Trimble to the TVC Ohio , maybe river valley down to the hocking ??
Probably better competitive wise for the conference. Similar to how Northwest is playing in the small school soc compared to valley in the big. I still think oak hill to the Ohio would be good.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:13 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm Don’t even argue with Raider , he’s a clown. He doesn’t represent Bulldog nation. Here’s an idea, Trimble to the TVC Ohio , maybe river valley down to the hocking ??
Trimble doesn't want to and honestly why should they?
They are a small D7 school.
D1-D7 all that really matters is competition. Trimble would probably win the league this year

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Older bird wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 pm If the original argument was Athens is too big. Then I’d like to see the numbers for Trimble on Hocking side. We all know they aren’t way bigger in school size than ther league. Just better. So maybe Athens is just better with better coaching.
No comparison should be made as Trimble is a D7 school in a D6/7 league and have great seasons yearly against similar size schools and this is great. It'd be a great gate someday and Athens could schedule Trimble one day but that will never happen. Heck, they don't schedule other DIII teams that would beat them or might pose a threat so why would they schedule some little ole D7 team that might make them look bad. Columbus DeSales and Toledo Central Catholic have home and home open for week 1 the next 2 years and Athens is on OHSAA website as wanting games in week 1 both years so try one of those 2 series and see what happens. They would never think of doing something like that.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

And River Valley is D5 so every time they win a league game everyone will remind them how much bigger they are than the team they beat.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm
Probably better competitive wise for the conference. Similar to how Northwest is playing in the small school soc compared to valley in the big. I still think oak hill to the Ohio would be good.
If we could’ve only put Logan , Jackson , warren and Gallia under the TVC banner 😢

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 pm
And River Valley is D5 so every time they win a league game everyone will remind them how much bigger they are than the team they beat.

Who’s better Trimble or river valley ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

5-5 heh Raider? You said Jackson and several other schools aren’t good at being over .500

That’s quite silly

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm

It really doesn't matter because Trimble isn't moving to the TVC Ohio lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm
If we could’ve only put Logan , Jackson , warren and Gallia under the TVC banner 😢
Could’ve happened. Should’ve happened.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 pm 5-5 heh Raider? You said Jackson and several other schools aren’t good at being over .500

That’s quite silly
That was the whole point to the post. Its silly to say Zanesville and Jackson are worth less than Fed Hock

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm

It’s just for sake of argurment and conversation OB, you TVC guys are so sensitive . I think Trimble from a competitive standpoint win the TVC Ohio some years

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Most years Rv would finish in the top half of the Hocking but I haven’t seen anything over the last 25 years that would lead me to believe they would dominate. The TVC could balance itself out more if you take the best hocking schools and the worst Ohio (historically) and created a third division. I think that would be the best case scenario for competitiveness. Add a couple bigger schools and a couple mid sized schools, split it up and call it a day for the next 50 years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm

It’s just for sake of argurment and conversation OB, you TVC guys are so sensitive . I think Trimble from a competitive standpoint win the TVC Ohio some years
Some years Trimble has beaten NY and then NY has gone one to dominate the Ohio. So I agree with this. Trimble year in and year out over the last 20 years would have the third most titles behind Athens and Ny for sure had they been in the Ohio.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Most years Rv would finish in the top half of the Hocking but I haven’t seen anything over the last 25 years that would lead me to believe they would dominate. The TVC could balance itself out more if you take the best hocking schools and the worst Ohio (historically) and created a third division. I think that would be the best case scenario for competitiveness. Add a couple bigger schools and a couple mid sized schools, split it up and call it a day for the next 50 years.
It could work but not many of the schools want a 3rd division.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

I know but I can give 1000 reasons as to why it would improve the TVC. We need 3 divisions.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

I know but I can give 1000 reasons as to why it would improve the TVC. We need 3 divisions.
I get it, we have had a hundred conversations about it and I can't argue with any of your reasons.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Logan
Marietta

Meigs
Ny
VC
Wellston
Rv
Trimble
Alex
FF

Belpre
Waterford
Miller
Eastern
Southern
SG
Wahama
Fed hock

Case closed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Make it happen Dundas

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:32 pm Make it happen Dundas
I wish I could raider! That way Athens can have a 7-3 year and have a chance at the playoffs. Scheduling would be simple. Divisions would be more competitive. Still have natural rivals. Idk what the hurdle is but come on, you can’t argue with this over what we currently have. It’s the same 4-5 teams year in and year out in almost every sport. Let’s make the TVC great again!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Back to 3 division talk again, huh?

You guys are like watching a dog chase it's tail for hours. Start a conversation about Athens - complain about size - move to TVC reallignment - repeat.

Lol

Return to “Football”