Athens in the TVC: The Numbers

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Athens in the TVC: The Numbers

Post by Kicker. »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 pm
Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Probably better competitive wise for the conference. Similar to how Northwest is playing in the small school soc compared to valley in the big. I still think oak hill to the Ohio would be good.

I personally don't think oak hill will leave the SOC anytime soon they dominated the SOC I for a good bit and now can come compete with the schools more relative to their size
Oak Hill got beat 39-0 to the team that will more than likely finish 4th in the SOC 2 this year. I don’t think Oak Hill will be very competitive. Maybe I’m wrong, but I just think the TVC would result in more success for the Oaks.

I can see the point to be made for them to join the TVC I just personally don't see them leaving

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm Don’t even argue with Raider , he’s a clown. He doesn’t represent Bulldog nation. Here’s an idea, Trimble to the TVC Ohio , maybe river valley down to the hocking ??
Probably better competitive wise for the conference. Similar to how Northwest is playing in the small school soc compared to valley in the big. I still think oak hill to the Ohio would be good.

I personally don't think oak hill will leave the SOC anytime soon they dominated the SOC I for a good bit and now can come compete with the schools more relative to their size
This wouldn't shock me at all, they're located within decent drive of TVC teams.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm

This wouldn't shock me at all, they're located within decent drive of TVC teams.

That's what leads me to believe they could but they are in the SOC II for every other sport and now football will be

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:52 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 pm

That's what leads me to believe they could but they are in the SOC II for every other sport and now football will be
I would love to have oak hill as a member. Great facilities, dive isn’t bad at all and they have great programs that would fit right in with the current TVC teams. Plus we have 7 Ohio schools which is a nightmare for scheduling. I think there are benefits for both sides.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm Fed hock hasn’t had a winning season since Wahama and south gallia have joined. There have been playoff success for sure but the reason is the 9 divisional games. I’m not taking that away with 3 divisions. Write up a new by law at the expansion that gives each division its own power to add or make decisions. It honestly should already be that way. Miller shouldn’t be able to decide the fate of the Ohio and vice versa. Maybe it’s already too late for the TVC. Maybe splitting up is inevitable. Again, I have said many, many times, the TVC was the best it had ever been when there were two divisions of 6. One division of 9 was too big so they decided to add and split for competitive reasons. We’re in the same boat now again.
Fed Hock was 6-4 in 2012. I could be wrong, but I think Wahama & South Gallia were in by then?

Anyway, there was a bigger variety in school sizes and competitiveness when that previous split happened. Playoffs weren’t even realistic for most schools and a school like Miller was going to have a difficult time avoiding the basement regularly. Lots of things make the situations completely different.

Schools like Waterford, Southern, & Miller that don’t exactly have a rich history can comoete just fine in the years that they have those generational classes. And when they do, they’ll make the playoffs. Start cutting back games and a team like Waterford can just as easily go back to having thier best classes go 5-5 (Waterford’s first ever winning season was 5-6 years after they joined the TVC) while getting thumped by non-TVC teams. Simply removing Trimble is an overreaction - like I said, not long ago it was Wahama everyone was worried about. Some program will ALWAYS step into that role and eventually cycle out.

Monroe Central dominated the PVC for three decades, but Caldwell and Beallsville (heck even Shenandoah) still had their share of really good (sometimes playoff teams) and now it seems like Fort Frye has been the best program forever and a new fan would see MC as one of the worst programs around. None of those other schools would have been significantly better by just booting MC from the conference and for most, it was a HUGE deal to topple them.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm Fed hock hasn’t had a winning season since Wahama and south gallia have joined. There have been playoff success for sure but the reason is the 9 divisional games. I’m not taking that away with 3 divisions. Write up a new by law at the expansion that gives each division its own power to add or make decisions. It honestly should already be that way. Miller shouldn’t be able to decide the fate of the Ohio and vice versa. Maybe it’s already too late for the TVC. Maybe splitting up is inevitable. Again, I have said many, many times, the TVC was the best it had ever been when there were two divisions of 6. One division of 9 was too big so they decided to add and split for competitive reasons. We’re in the same boat now again.
Fed Hock was 6-4 in 2012. I could be wrong, but I think Wahama & South Gallia were in by then?

Anyway, there was a bigger variety in school sizes and competitiveness when that previous split happened. Playoffs weren’t even realistic for most schools and a school like Miller was going to have a difficult time avoiding the basement regularly. Lots of things make the situations completely different.

Schools like Waterford, Southern, & Miller that don’t exactly have a rich history can comoete just fine in the years that they have those generational classes. And when they do, they’ll make the playoffs. Start cutting back games and a team like Waterford can just as easily go back to having thier best classes go 5-5 (Waterford’s first ever winning season was 5-6 years after they joined the TVC) while getting thumped by non-TVC teams. Simply removing Trimble is an overreaction - like I said, not long ago it was Wahama everyone was worried about. Some program will ALWAYS step into that role and eventually cycle out.

Monroe Central dominated the PVC for three decades, but Caldwell and Beallsville (heck even Shenandoah) still had their share of really good (sometimes playoff teams) and now it seems like Fort Frye has been the best program forever and a new fan would see MC as one of the worst programs around. None of those other schools would have been significantly better by just booting MC from the conference and for most, it was a HUGE deal to topple them.
You may be right on Fed Hock. I’m not saying get rid of anyone. I’m saying more even competition. Trimble/Ny for a conference title. Athens/Gallia for a title. That sounds good to me!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

No problem with tvc.the problem Is some teams want in and cant get in so they keep trying to act like there fixing something that isn't broke and then a few of the teams that cant compete with schools there size want put in the hocking.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Has anyone ever even considered that it may not have been Oak Hills idea to go to the SOC-2 in football, but that they may have been told to do so?

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Seems like there is one person for and basically everyone else against any changes to tvc. So I think ur answer lies there

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

TVC Ohio and TVC Hocking need an even amount of teams for football. The current Football set up of 7 in the Ohio and 9 in the hocking needs balanced. I say have 1 team from the Hocking move up. Then you would have 2 8 team divisions. The SOC is moving Oak Hill up in Football.
Whats your thoughts on who should move up?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

footballfan wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 pm TVC Ohio and TVC Hocking need an even amount of teams for football. The current Football set up of 7 in the Ohio and 9 in the hocking needs balanced. I say have 1 team from the Hocking move up. Then you would have 2 8 team divisions. The SOC is moving Oak Hill up in Football.
No one in the Hocking is willing to move up.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:37 pm
footballfan wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 pm TVC Ohio and TVC Hocking need an even amount of teams for football. The current Football set up of 7 in the Ohio and 9 in the hocking needs balanced. I say have 1 team from the Hocking move up. Then you would have 2 8 team divisions. The SOC is moving Oak Hill up in Football.
No one in the Hocking is willing to move up.
Trimble is historically the most competitive program in all sports in the Hocking and they were asked to move up back around the time River Valley joined and they said no thanks. I just feel like there is too much of a gap between the Hocking and Ohio. Honestly the only thing that would work in terms of numbers would be for NY to move down to the Hocking but it wouldn’t make sense from a competitive standpoint.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I head Peta is threatening to shut down preps for the animal abuse towards a horse???

Not sure if its true, just what I was told.

lol

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I agree dundas.

small school - Miller, Eastern, Southern, SG, Belpre, FH
middle - Trimble, Waterford, Wahama, RV, Alex
Big School - Athens, VC, Meigs, Wellston, NY

Look to add two more teams. Depending on who and what size you might have to move some of these around.
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Trimble doesn't want to and honestly why should they?
They are a small D7 school.
And River Valley is D5 so every time they win a league game everyone will remind them how much bigger they are than the team they beat.
Most years Rv would finish in the top half of the Hocking but I haven’t seen anything over the last 25 years that would lead me to believe they would dominate. The TVC could balance itself out more if you take the best hocking schools and the worst Ohio (historically) and created a third division. I think that would be the best case scenario for competitiveness. Add a couple bigger schools and a couple mid sized schools, split it up and call it a day for the next 50 years.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I like this. If not FF maybe OH.
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:31 pm Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Warren
Logan
Marietta

Meigs
Ny
VC
Wellston
Rv
Trimble
Alex
FF

Belpre
Waterford
Miller
Eastern
Southern
SG
Wahama
Fed hock

Case closed.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I hear you VetteMan.
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:54 pm Has anyone ever even considered that it may not have been Oak Hills idea to go to the SOC-2 in football, but that they may have been told to do so?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Athens is the only school in the Ohio with a winning record this year so far.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 pm Athens is the only school in the Ohio with a winning record this year so far.
Down year for the Ohio. At least Athens has Waverly, Jackson, and Parkersburg South next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens non league next year ...

Waverly
Jackson ... both same size

Logan
Parkersburg South ... both bigger

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Waverly is Division 4. Not 3 Bulldog 93.

Return to “Football”