Green 34 Eastern Pike 14

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Green (5-1) @ Eastern (4-3)

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats Green on Huge Win!!! After tonight I think a win in one of your last two games will get you in the playoffs. I would also like to Congratulate Coach Newsome on a great job tonight!! Green did what it took to win.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

killer1 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:02 am Eastern by a butt ton

Oh killer.... still Green with envy?

:D :D :D
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Nice job bobcat, keep workin.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Way to go Bobcats!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Green! I thought Eastern would be hard to beat at home. You proved me wrong, you didn't have any trouble.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great win for the Bobcats! Would love to see them make the playoffs (and before anybody says anything, I don't care how much Harvest Prep or Trimble will beat them by, making the playoffs is a huge deal for the school).*

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 am Great win for the Bobcats! Would love to see them make the playoffs (and before anybody says anything, I don't care how much Harvest Prep or Trimble will beat them by, making the playoffs is a huge deal for the school).*
Agreed, it's been a while, 1989 -1990. Hey, they've got a .500 record in the playoffs. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Way I understand it Eastern really shot themselves in the foot last night, 4 turnovers in the 1st half, turnover on downs at the 1, a ton of penalties and missing their starting QB. Green right place at the right time huge win for their program as this could be the game that gets them in the playoffs even with a loss against Oak Hill. 1st though they HAVE to take care of Northwest, who exploded offensively against a ND team that beat Green. Stay focused and keep trucking.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Proud of the Bobcats. A great win for you.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

wowzer33 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:04 am If green makes the playoffs high school sports are a complete joke. They’ve played no one. South gallia would probably beat green.
If you have a problem with Green, making the playoffs take it up with OHSAA.
Go Cats !

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

According to Drew P it appears the cats are all but locked in.

7W: 9.19 (8.22-10.81) 88% in, 1% home, proj. #7 (#4-out)
8W: 10.53 (9.57-14.57) 99% in, 6% home, proj. #6 (#3-out)
9W: 14.10 (13.44-15.91) 100% in, 98% home, proj. #4

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wowzer33 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:04 am If green makes the playoffs high school sports are a complete joke. They’ve played no one. South gallia would probably beat green.
Sorry but if any sports fan can't get behind what those young men are doing in Franklin Furnace then maybe you should just stay away from any thread about them. You look at what this team endured last year and where they are this year. People can say what they want they haven't beaten anyone or overall strength of schedule is bad. Fact is it's the same type of schedule they've been playing over the past few years and they haven't been competitive. So now that they're competitive with that exact schedule pretty much you can't cry over the fact that they're winning these ball games now. Like I said in an earlier post they're finding themselves at the right place at the right time in these games and they're making the play. Congrats to them

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Great post greygoose

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:53 am
Sorry but if any sports fan can't get behind what those young men are doing in Franklin Furnace then maybe you should just stay away from any thread about them. You look at what this team endured last year and where they are this year. People can say what they want they haven't beaten anyone or overall strength of schedule is bad. Fact is it's the same type of schedule they've been playing over the past few years and they haven't been competitive. So now that they're competitive with that exact schedule pretty much you can't cry over the fact that they're winning these ball games now. Like I said in an earlier post they're finding themselves at the right place at the right time in these games and they're making the play. Congrats to them
Amen!!
Totally classless post by wowzer.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

What a story and example of perseverance by Coach Newsome and these young men. “The wolf at the top of the hill isn’t as hungry as the one climbing” Congrats Green

Cats claw
Riding the Bench

Post by Cats claw »

NewEra wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 am According to Drew P it appears the cats are all but locked in.

7W: 9.19 (8.22-10.81) 88% in, 1% home, proj. #7 (#4-out)
8W: 10.53 (9.57-14.57) 99% in, 6% home, proj. #6 (#3-out)
9W: 14.10 (13.44-15.91) 100% in, 98% home, proj. #4
I agree green makes the playoffs with a long ride to glouster and allot longer ride home but a great story and maybe will get younger kids excited about football

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Great post, and I've seen you post enough to know you're not a Bobcat person and this is an honest opinion and you couldn't be more right.

I don't think people fully understand where Green was at after last season. Everyone knows they didn't finish the season against Oak Hill. But in 5 of the games before Oak Hill they took the field with only 13 players to begin with. The freshman running back they had to use last year was a GUARD his 8th grade year. There was serious talks about shutting the program down. Kids who did play football were talking about transferring to Coal Grove, Rock Hill and Ironton to keep playing. For a school as small as Green every athlete that transfers away is a big deal.

All in all there was some soul searching I'm sure done by the Staff, the players and the community.
If you can't get behind this as a success story and a team to root for then you're probaly a bitter person period.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BobcatBall wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 pm
Great post, and I've seen you post enough to know you're not a Bobcat person and this is an honest opinion and you couldn't be more right.

I don't think people fully understand where Green was at after last season. Everyone knows they didn't finish the season against Oak Hill. But in 5 of the games before Oak Hill they took the field with only 13 players to begin with. The freshman running back they had to use last year was a GUARD his 8th grade year. There was serious talks about shutting the program down. Kids who did play football were talking about transferring to Coal Grove, Rock Hill and Ironton to keep playing. For a school as small as Green every athlete that transfers away is a big deal.

All in all there was some soul searching I'm sure done by the Staff, the players and the community.
If you can't get behind this as a success story and a team to root for then you're probaly a bitter person period.
You are correct but I try to get behind most area teams. I know how down they were but didn't realize the talks concerning the program, really glad it's turned out this way up to this point.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Wowzer, for you to post a comment like that shows your intelligence level. This group of young men at green epitomizes everything that is great about high school athletics. You could learn a lot from these boys and coaches.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think green is one of the best stories of the year. They barely have enough kids to field a team. Every year get beat on. Last year had to cancel a game due to lack of kids. And for them to be 7-1 is amazing. It takes a lot of support and heart to not give up when it got bad. If they went 3-7 they should be proud. But to finish at worst 7-3 is pretty amazing no matter the teams they play. This was a battle of heart and not giving up and they have done that. Kudos to them.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”