Post by Poo Bear »

Heavyweight Bout in Iron City.

Thoughts ???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Hillsboro at Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Gonna be a lot of hitting.

As a person who works near Hillsboro I can tell you...they have a strange hate for Jackson.

Jackson dline and LBs must get to Keets, Burns and Galimore before they gain first down after first down...and not get beat on Swayne keeper or deep pass. Boro has talent and good coaching. This will be a big matchup and another big test for the Ironmen. I think Keets and Burns already have 30 total TD.

Jackson will have to play a clean game with good execution to win. I expect the Oline to continue to improve and offense to not have turnovers....that should equal a 10 point win

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

A strange hate for Jackson? Someone is trying to stir the pot that doesn’t exist lol

Anyways...this should be a great game to watch! Both teams match up well and should be a high scoring game. This one will come down to whoever doesn’t turn the ball over. I’ll take the Indians in this one 36-28.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

veer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:39 pm A strange hate for Jackson? Someone is trying to stir the pot that doesn’t exist lol

Anyways...this should be a great game to watch! Both teams match up well and should be a high scoring game. This one will come down to whoever doesn’t turn the ball over. I’ll take the Indians in this one 36-28.
I’m sticking to it man. I’m not making it up. Maybe my Hillsboro folk aren’t the norm...but they don’t like Jackson but I’ve never really heard why.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:49 pm
veer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:39 pm A strange hate for Jackson? Someone is trying to stir the pot that doesn’t exist lol

I’m sticking to it man. I’m not making it up. Maybe my Hillsboro folk aren’t the norm...but they don’t like Jackson but I’ve never really heard why.
Yeah I’ve never heard of this hate towards Jackson from the people I know from Hillsboro..and I’d love to hear why there is “hate” towards Jackson...what are the two’s history on the gridiron? Is there a history?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Are Burns/Keets/Swayne on defense every down?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

The Hillsboro offense is very predictable. They run to the hash 80% of the time. Look for the wide splits when you see it ball is coming your way they even split when it’s a counter. Narrow splits it’s a pass. Unless they change their whole offense because of this post!? If they think we can’t stop the run anyway we will see how that works out for them. We will put 8 or 9 in the box and see who is the best team. They are bigger than us. I think our passing game will be the deciding factor this week but I would be surprised if we line it up and run right over them!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

veer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Yeah I’ve never heard of this hate towards Jackson from the people I know from Hillsboro..and I’d love to hear why there is “hate” towards Jackson...what are the two’s history on the gridiron? Is there a history?
Not much history at all. 1996 slugfest at Portsmouth and last year. I work with him, he is from, lives and graduated from Hillsboro and he said we hate Jackson. We we face in other sports he gets all wound up when they play Jackson. I can’t say he’s rational about it but he’s a good guy and educated...at least he and his people hate Jackson. I’m sure the other 6,000 don’t but I don’t have a lot to go on.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:49 am
veer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Not much history at all. 1996 slugfest at Portsmouth and last year. I work with him, he is from, lives and graduated from Hillsboro and he said we hate Jackson. We we face in other sports he gets all wound up when they play Jackson. I can’t say he’s rational about it but he’s a good guy and educated...at least he and his people hate Jackson. I’m sure the other 6,000 don’t but I don’t have a lot to go on.
I went to a playoff game up there we played a cincy team that year. I don’t hate them but I hate the ride over there. I’d say they are butt hurt from 96 that was their best team ever.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hillsboro will just have to take there place in Line, as there are a lot of people and places that don't like Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:47 am

Hillsboro will just have to take there place in Line, as there are a lot of people and places that don't like Jackson.
Well let me take a minute and welcome them. Directions...for most all area of Hillsboro and around just go Rt 50 to 35 to 32W .....for avoiding town traffic stay on 32 until Mayhew Rd and turn right....take another quick right onto Rt 139 and school about a mile up on the hill. Those who live down in the Berrysville or Marshall areas should save some time by taking Rt 73 or Rt 124...both to 32E. Those wanting to eat should take Rt 93 exit off of 32. We have virtually all of the regular eateries as Hillsboro. For our own stuff we have a LaRosas and a Rowdy’s just off the exit ramp. Rowdy’s is excellent smoked/barbecue place. We have Arch and Eddies for a bit higher end along with Sixth Sense Brewing. Cardos Pizza Buffet near the stadium is always a solid choice. At stadium we have our well liked Jackson County Veals.

Don’t forget we do charge $2 to park. We have ample seating so so those who can barely get there by 7:00 won’t have any worries about finding a seat. Hope you enjoy your Jackson experience...outside of the final score.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to former VC coach Jack O’Rourke and the Hillsboro Indians!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Also, since the rumor is going a bit. No one for Jackson was suspended for Jackson and no two starters will not be missing the game because of it.

Funny how stories grow wings.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Man you are full of info lol that rumor is a new one too...where do you get this garbage? Lol

After looking at the two similar games these two have played they seem to be even in my eyes. I’m not sure why everyone from Jackson thinks this is a lock win. Boro beat Wb and played Wch to the same score Jackson did pretty much. I think this will be a very close game.

Thanks for all of the helpful info in regards to your town. This will be my first trip to Jackson so I’ll be sure to check out some of the local food options before and possibly after the game!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

veer wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm Man you are full of info lol that rumor is a new one too...where do you get this garbage? Lol

After looking at the two similar games these two have played they seem to be even in my eyes. I’m not sure why everyone from Jackson thinks this is a lock win. Boro beat Wb and played Wch to the same score Jackson did pretty much. I think this will be a very close game.

Thanks for all of the helpful info in regards to your town. This will be my first trip to Jackson so I’ll be sure to check out some of the local food options before and possibly after the game!
No one from Jackson thinks this is a lock. Where do you get this garbage ? Calpreps has it a 1 point win for Boro. Boro much bigger team . It’s a pick em game to me .

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm
veer wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm Man you are full of info lol that rumor is a new one too...where do you get this garbage? Lol

No one from Jackson thinks this is a lock. Where do you get this garbage ? Calpreps has it a 1 point win for Boro. Boro much bigger team . It’s a pick em game to me .
Just reading comments on this site from Jackson fans. And cal preps is a joke...they had Hillsboro only winning by 4 last week...and I’m sure Jackson wasn’t huge favorites against wch ether...which everyone new what those outcomes would be.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson fans , players and coaches know this will be a battle Friday. Will take every player doing their job to get the win.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Winner goes to playoffs loser might end up on outside looking in.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a good one Hillsboro Indians vs the Jackson Vikings

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:36 pm Should be a good one Hillsboro Indians vs the Jackson Vikings
Two good D3 teams playing for the postseason. Who’s Athens playing 😂 ?

Return to “Football”