Hillsboro 27 Jackson 21 OT

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Hillsboro at Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Safe travels back for Hillsboro. Great atmosphere. FAC alive and kicking. I didn’t think O’Rourke did anything genius but he saw Jackson potentially going to open it up and went into half and got pressure on Ice. Hillsboro couldn’t pass at all but on 4th and 5 deep into the 4th they caught us sleeping a touch and made a game saving play. At that point Burns was tired after 87 carries but that completion got it done. Once in OT and Jackson was unsuccessful and then Hillsboro like 3rd and 15 I thought it was just obvious it was going to the endzone on that play. On 4th down everyone knew it would but 3rd down and it was wide open and Hillsboro won it.

Jackson kids battled and played most of game without all-district linebacker Matt Humphreys. Couple other regulars seemed to not be in there much, don’t know if banged up or what. I thought Parks and Ruckel really brought it for the Ironmen. Team played hard but must regroup....it’s Chillicothe or no FAC or playoffs.

Can’t wait to head to Boro in 2019. Some Alley 21 before the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

23tdb wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm Guessing this eliminates Jackson from the playoffs?
I don’t think so. I think beating Chillicothe gets us the 7 or 8...but maybe not.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 pm
23tdb wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm Guessing this eliminates Jackson from the playoffs?
I don’t think so. I think beating Chillicothe gets us the 7 or 8...but maybe not.
Puts a lot on the line over in Chillicothe

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

A loss tonight opens up a spot for Athens, which really hurts.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

23tdb wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 pm
Bellefontaine won tonight and leap frogged Athens and moved from #11 to #7 and DeSales lost to Hartley and only dropped to #8 tonight. I wouldn't worry about Athens getting in with their schedule.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has had many chances this season, if Athens gets in over them...oh well, no crying about it.

Got a chance to go to Chillicothe and win a share of FAC championship.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Jackson has had many chances this season, if Athens gets in over them...oh well, no crying about it.

Got a chance to go to Chillicothe and win a share of FAC championship.
Jackson has an outside shot if they beat Chillicothe......and I think they can. they played Hillsboro tough tonight. Unfortunately the quarterback threw two game changing interceptions tonight. more proof that Jackson is a very one dimensional offense, especially against teams that match up against them well. Their defense got burned on two huge touchdown passes tonight. Hillsboro in my opinion is actually a fairly athletic team....not the most athletic...but definitely athletic. lots on the line Week 10 for the Ironmen. I see Chillicothe as the outright league champs with an outside chance that Jackson knots it up as a three way tie!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Does anyone know why the starting RB for Hillsboro didn’t play 2nd half ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

IMO a 6-4 Jackson could beat a 9-1 Athens regardless.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:08 pm IMO a 6-4 Jackson could beat a 9-1 Athens regardless.
I agree.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Still a chance at the playoffs, and also a chance to win a share of the FAC. The Ironmen have plenty to play for in these last two weeks.

Congrats to Hillsboro. They have a very good football team. Reminded me a lot of the Jackson teams from the 1990s and early 2000s. Very physical, smash mouth approach. Good luck to them the rest of the way and maybe we'll somehow see them again in the playoffs.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It was no doubt a very good football game. Two good teams went at it all night long. I'm sure both coaches and players had a lot of respect for each other. The thing that I can't quite grasp is, it seems as if every other thread about Jackson, it always comes back to talking about Athens. I know very little about Athens, but its very clear as to how the " Fans " from Jackson feel.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

That’s not even a Jackson poster . Two teams who don’t play , in two different leagues .

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 am That’s not even a Jackson poster . Two teams who don’t play , in two different leagues .
Yep, that's me. Neutral fan but tend to compare teams in same regions but with much different schedules. Sorry if I offend some of you !!!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:14 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 am That’s not even a Jackson poster . Two teams who don’t play , in two different leagues .
Yep, that's me. Neutral fan but tend to compare teams in same regions but with much different schedules. Sorry if I offend some of you !!!!!
It doesn't offend me at all. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm not just talking about tonights thread. I may be mistaken, but it just seemed that way to me. And FANOSPORT, I wasn't really directing this toward you.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson really now has their backs up against the wall now, but I think what most people have said about this team though they were a year away from really being competitive so I still think they're sitting in a good position.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 am Jackson really now has their backs up against the wall now, but I think what most people have said about this team though they were a year away from really being competitive so I still think they're sitting in a good position.
They do but they 100% should be 7-1. IMO being a year away has had nothing in any way to do with either of those two losses.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:48 am Jackson really now has their backs up against the wall now, but I think what most people have said about this team though they were a year away from really being competitive so I still think they're sitting in a good position.
They do but they 100% should be 7-1. IMO being a year away has had nothing in any way to do with either of those two losses.
Nope it has nothing to do with it, but people get inflated expectations of a team that was a year away. Don't know how in the world you can say they should 100% be 7-1, if it was 100% wouldn't they be 7-1?? LOL. You slipped out a win against Gallia that you could've easily lost so that puts you at 4-4. Western Brown went up 27-0 and the QB shredded you not sure where you should've had a win there. Hillsboro just beat you in a physical nose to nose game. So saying they should 100% be 7-1 is absolutely CRAZY, because like I said if it was 100% then they would be you know 7-1. You're a quality poster ironman92 but be realistic in the expectations for this team going into the season and respect the teams that did beat you as each of them earned it. People want to complain about Hillsboro hitting a couple passes, guess what just because they run 98% of the time doesn't mean you don't have to cover the WR 100% of the time just waiting on that 2% chance they pass.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:01 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 am
Nope it has nothing to do with it, but people get inflated expectations of a team that was a year away. Don't know how in the world you can say they should 100% be 7-1, if it was 100% wouldn't they be 7-1?? LOL. You slipped out a win against Gallia that you could've easily lost so that puts you at 4-4. Western Brown went up 27-0 and the QB shredded you not sure where you should've had a win there. Hillsboro just beat you in a physical nose to nose game. So saying they should 100% be 7-1 is absolutely CRAZY, because like I said if it was 100% then they would be you know 7-1. You're a quality poster ironman92 but be realistic in the expectations for this team going into the season and respect the teams that did beat you as each of them earned it. People want to complain about Hillsboro hitting a couple passes, guess what just because they run 98% of the time doesn't mean you don't have to cover the WR 100% of the time just waiting on that 2% chance they pass.

100% should be 7-1? There is a reason they are not. That because they shouldn't be. It's that simple. Jackson is a great football team, they just aren't as good as in past years, and that's okay. It doesn't matter who is posting on the Ironmen's behalf, they will never be able to admit that they just aren't having the year they normally would. It's always good for player (and evidently for fans too) to have a less than stellar year.....keeps the old chip off the shoulder.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

this probably was was the best game I've seen all season. I knew nothing about Hillsboro and when I saw their two RB's wow was I impressed. Props to Jackson's defense they played better than I expected. that game was worth the price of admission and much love to both teams they fought hard and put on a good show. Respect

Return to “Football”